What's new

Charlie's Angels 2011 - Season One Thread (1 Viewer)

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Well, decided to give it a chance since I grew up watching the original. Sorry to say I wasted my time though, I didn't expect much given the history for re-makes in general, but this was truly dreadful to say the least. The show had ZERO and I mean ZERO interest, the acting was horrid and the writing even worse. About 10 minutes in I was wishing for any soap opera actress to be in this show, anyone would have done better, they were not even B grade acting. Also, the fight scenes were just totally laughable, like when Kate kicked down the hotel door and hitting those guys. Any Jackie Chan movie would have been better, if you know Bruce Lee movies then this would still be embarrassing. I can't think of a single positive about this show. Just wished I had my time back for sitting through that crap. It was deleted from my list of shows to watch quickly and I have a feeling it will be gone soon from the network barring them just needing some filler. Everything about this was just a epic failure.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
OMG is this show horrible. I had it DVR'd and grabbed the first half.. people were griping about the Wonder Woman pilot that leaked? This is considerably worse then that. CONSIDERABLY.

Cactus

Auditioning
Real Name
Henrik Andersson
I have no idea what this sentence means: "Any Jackie Chan movie would have been better, if you know Bruce Lee movies then this would still be embarrassing."

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Cactus said:
I have no idea what this sentence means: "Any Jackie Chan movie would have been better, if you know Bruce Lee movies then this would still be embarrassing."
Meaning just that, the fight scenes were so down right pathetic that any Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee movie would have been favorable to this crap. Seriously, some of the worst filming I have ever seen. Don't know how the show was given a green light, only a total idiot would've put this trash on.

Cactus

Auditioning
Real Name
Henrik Andersson
Jeffery_H said:
Meaning just that, the fight scenes were so down right pathetic that any Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee movie would have been favorable to this crap. Seriously, some of the worst filming I have ever seen. Don't know how the show was given a green light, only a total idiot would've put this trash on.
So from that I gather that you think two of the greatest on-screen fighters of movie history are crap?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I actually really enjoy Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee; and Bruce Lee was fantastic to watch in off camera footage.

But we're really off track here.

W/R/T Charlie's Angels... the entire setup was rushed, the fight scenes were bad, the acting was horrific, and plot seemed like a "B" plot from last year's "Under Covers" and the production values are a mess.

Two weeks ago at tvbythenumbers they asked people to pick first show to be cancelled.. it's going to be a horserace between this and Playboy Club, I think... but this show is several rungs below that. SEVERAL rungs below that

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, some pretty low reactions! I tuned in out of curiosity. In watching the opening credits, I was curious who the producers were since I had zero knowledge of this remake's creators. I was familiar with the original having seen it in it's original network run. I was surprised to see Drew Barrymore as one of the producers, didn't know that. I guess after doing the movies, she wanted to do the TV show. I also saw no mention, unless I blinked, of this series being based on the Aaron Spelling original. I guess Aaron Spelling got no credit, but the original creator of Charlie's Angels does. I did like the opening shots of Abby looking for Bosley and we see a guy who looks like a double for the original actor who played Bosley before the camera pans down to the hot tub. That was a fun little joke. They really wanted to contrast their hunky new Bosley. One problem for me is the same problem that so many shows have of this genre, the technology they have to use smart phones and iPads to do things so easily to trace calls and locate the kidnapped girl. I thought the acting was alright for this kind of mindless action fare. The story of the pilot was pretty much simple stuff to introduce the cast. And the action was simple TV fare to show these are kick ass girls. They are nice to look at. And I see the actors seeing this as role model material for young girls. That last part being questionable. It was all very much cartoony. I did some research during the show. Interestingly, I was trying to figure out Charlie's voice. It sounded familiar, but not. And not as charismatic as John Forsythe. Turns out they originally had Robert Wagner in the role, which I thought was a good idea. But the wiki entry says conflicting schedules prevented this, so another actor was chosen, Victor Garber. I like Victor Garber, a good actor. But not sure he was working. This so typical of the remakes. Just put a flashy new look to the show and hope that it takes off. It worked for Hawaii Five-0. We'll see if the next episode is an improvement. I might tune in next week if I have time.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I guess a show this bad deserves to have a thread title with a glaring typo. (admin note - title fixed)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Sounds like a Sesame Street parody where a trio of fuzzy girl monsters solve crimes through geometry.

Spero D

Second Unit
I threw in the towel after the first 10 minutes. It was terrible and it wouldn't surprise me to see it cancelled before the Season is finished.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I would have watched that any day over this. In fact, that might have had some awesome camp entertainment value. This is a show obviously built around selling sex, and wow does it do a bad job of it.

Originally Posted by Cameron Yee

Sounds like a Sesame Street parody where a trio of fuzzy girl monsters solve crimes through geometry.

/t/315011/charlie-s-angels-2011-season-one-thread#post_3853782

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I decided to watch this show out of morbid curiosity and 15 minutes into the pilot episode we already had a contender for the worst line in the history of television: "I didn't know my heart could hurt this much". As much as I love hot chicks(Minka Kelly yum), scenic locations and fast cars even that isn't enough to ever make me sit through another episode of this dreck.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
This so typical of the remakes. Just put a flashy new look to the show and hope that it takes off. It worked for Hawaii Five-0. We'll see if the next episode is an improvement. I might tune in next week if I have time.
You have to be joking, I mean Five-O could be considered an Oscar achievement compared to this trash. The acting, writing, everything is not even comparable. Yes, obviously a typo before coffee today. But that would be a cool spin on a show like this, heck, anything would be much better.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This one seemed so easy from the public's perspective. "How in the hell do you think remaking Charlie's Angels is going to work?" But, the producers look at Hawaii Five-0, as mentioned above, and say, "Well, who thought that would work and it did." I guess the difference is, Hawaii Five-0 is basically a cop show set in Hawaii--low risk in this cop show-crazy environment. Action-adventures seem to struggle more, for some reason. Chuck has been defying the odds its entire existence, and Human Target and others like it didn't have the same good fortune.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I read that ABC will most likely burn off the remaining 4 episodes, but after that, some other show will end up in the Thursday 8 p.m. EDT time slot.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I say: Top Chef with the Stars. Let's have two celebrities each week cook off in a tournament. See how that goes. Fire extinguishers and vomit pails near by.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Greg_S_H said:
This one seemed so easy from the public's perspective. "How in the hell do you think remaking Charlie's Angels is going to work?" But, the producers look at Hawaii Five-0, as mentioned above, and say, "Well, who thought that would work and it did." I guess the difference is, Hawaii Five-0 is basically a cop show set in Hawaii--low risk in this cop show-crazy environment. Action-adventures seem to struggle more, for some reason. Chuck has been defying the odds its entire existence, and Human Target and others like it didn't have the same good fortune.
There's a reason why Chuck is still around and it all comes down to quality of show and the writing. While Chuck is a small show in comparison to major hits, it was never a bad show like this horrid re-make of Charlie's Angels. Chuck also has great fan support for those watching. Also, to a lesser extent, Human Target was a great show too the first season until some idiot came along a totally changed the entire edge and concept it had for season two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks