What's new

Two And A Half Men season 9 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Charlie Sheen's winning strategy has gifted the viewers of "Two and a Half Men" with Ashton Kutcher joining the cast, and the character of "Charlie" will be written out of the show (permanently, so it seems).
The show returns to its usual Monday night 9 p.m. EDT timeslot on CBS.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'll be watching out of morbid curiosity tonight because I have nothing else on for the 9 PM hour. That changes next week with "Terra Nova", so I'm one and done for sure.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
The whole episode was a Charlie-bashing fest. They were having quite a bit of fun with it.
I liked the Dharma & Greg cameo.
Ashton Kutcher? Meh.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
This show "jumped the shark" several years ago, IMO. I watched last night out of curiosity (flipping to a boring Monday Night Football game during the commercials). I didn't see anything last night that will get me to watch this instead of MNF again. As Greg said, there were a few interesting cameos, but otherwise a bunch of tired old jokes, and I've never thought Ashton Kutcher was very funny.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Have the same general feelings as others. Right now Kutcher's character seems kind of 'wooden' or incomplete. And while it was neat seeing all the women at the funeral and the cameos, the flow was definitely off with Sheen's absence. Unless Kutcher's character improves, I can see this show fading REAL fast.
Perhaps Sheen does turn Lorre's tin cans into gold...... :)
And while on the subject, I think it'd be in Lorre's best interest to quickly move away from Charlie bashing (more Sheen than Harper) otherwise he'll quickly turn into the 'bad guy' in this little soap opera. Sheen has started his image rehabilitation with the 'I'd have fired me' and kind words and attaboys to Kutcher, so it'd be smart for Lorre to at least move on.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wow, the ratings for this premiere were through the roof for a sitcom: 10.3/24 (27.76 million viewers). I know the curiousity factor was high, but doubt if the ratings can sustained in the coming weeks. But still pretty impressive.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I liked the funeral scene, but the show really ran out of steam after that.
I may give it another week to see if the chemistry improves, but it's not likely to become appointment TV for me.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I think it's telling that no one has commend on this show since 9/20. The replacement for Charlie can be summed up in one word for me: boooooring! I can appreciate they felt the need to do something totally different, that they had to have a completely different type of character. Unfortunately, they forgot to make him funny and interesting.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Johnny Angell said:
I think it's telling that no one has commend on this show since 9/20. The replacement for Charlie can be summed up in one word for me: boooooring! I can appreciate they felt the need to do something totally different, that they had to have a completely different type of character. Unfortunately, they forgot to make him funny and interesting.
Doing a quick search, it doesn't look like there's even been a thread for the show since season 4.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’m not a super fan of this series, but I’ve been casually watching it over the years. The addition of Ashton Kutcher has been a good thing.
Because this show is on after The Big Bang Theory now, I tend to leave it on and have seen most of this season.
So last night’s episode (November 15, 2012) had an interesting bit at the end of an old guy who had a similar kind of personality as Allan. Getting others to pay for stuff. Anyway, for some reason, I could not help but wonder if it was Charlie Sheen portraying that character in a lot of prosthetic make-up? It just had an odd feel to it.
I guess this post belongs to a season 10 thread, is this show that far along now?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
So last night’s episode (November 15, 2012) had an interesting bit at the end of an old guy who had a similar kind of personality as Allan. Getting others to pay for stuff. Anyway, for some reason, I could not help but wonder if it was Charlie Sheen portraying that character in a lot of prosthetic make-up? It just had an odd feel to it.
Actually Nelson...
Jon Cryer was essentially playing a much older version of his character Alan. Note the 'I forgot my wallet' 'Works every time' joke at the bar. They made him up and filmed future Alan/Sid and then went back and filmed contemporary Alan in those scenes. I had to do a google search to determine who played Sid, BTW.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/15/two-and-a-half-men-jon-cryer-mystery-star/
- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
A-ha! Thanks Walter. They did a fantastic job then because it was seamless! And the make-up was really well done. In high def, it was impossible to detect, yet, it didn't look real. But was so good, it was hard to tell.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
The best parts of this show are when the supporting characters are on screen. Berta, Allan's mother and recently Rose.
I rarely watched the last few Charlie Sheen years, just seemed to get to rude and crude, no humor left. Ashton is okay, but the best moments are provided by the supporting characters.
The guy who plays Jake was moderately cute when younger, but he's a terrible actor, even after all these years. From what little I've seen this season, he seems to be like the Suzanne Somers role years ago in "Three's Company", just doing brief, meaningless cameo appearances. Have a feeling he'll be one of those child actors who just drops out of sight, doesn't have any talent, just got lucky and somehow got this role. Surprised they didn't pull a "Roseanne" and just replace him.
Obviously not much interest here since other than a few posts today, nothing for over the past year.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Stan, Looks like Angus T. Jones who plays Jake will be off soon enough. His recent video calling the show filth and calling everyone to not watch it anymore is certainly going to have reprocusions. His religious beliefs are in conflict with the less then ideal character he plays.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Nelson Au /t/314918/two-and-a-half-men-season-9-thread#post_4006155
Stan, Looks like Angus T. Jones who plays Jake will be off soon enough. His recent video calling the show filth and calling everyone to not watch it anymore is certainly going to have reprocusions. His religious beliefs are in conflict with the less then ideal character he plays.

It would have more credibility with me if he'd say, donate his $385k per show check to a charity or something.. a real one, I mean.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Or maybe the producers will decide to turn his character into a born again Christian. But I'm sure he'd still have issues as they'd make jokes about it.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I wonder if Miley was introduced to usher him out the door.
Maybe that is the plan...Jake goes off to war and Miley moves in...creating lots of "Eeeww moments..."

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
mattCR said:
It would have more credibility with me if he'd say, donate his $385k per show check to a charity or something.. a real one, I mean.
We don't know what he's done with his money. Sounds like this is pretty recent for him. If he's able to truly transform his life, ala Kirk Cameron, I say good for him! He could have just as easily have gone down the path of Lindsey Lohan or Charlie Sheen.
I'll be interested to see how this plays out - if Angus leaves of his own accord, or Lorne writes him out, or if this is just a temporary blip.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
KevinGress said:
We don't know what he's done with his money. Sounds like this is pretty recent for him. If he's able to truly transform his life, ala Kirk Cameron, I say good for him! He could have just as easily have gone down the path of Lindsey Lohan or Charlie Sheen.
I'll be interested to see how this plays out - if Angus leaves of his own accord, or Lorne writes him out, or if this is just a temporary blip.
Or egad...a planned publicity stunt...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks