What's new

Hawaii 5-0 - season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hawaii 5-0 returns on CBS in its usual Monday 10 p.m. EDT timeslot for its sophomore season, and according to the promos, another Hawaii-based Lost actor is joining the cast.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Really looking forward to this and it will be interesting to see how they introduce the cast member

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
With Castle having Dancing with the Stars as a lead-in, I'm expecting it to win the 10 pm hour and Hawaii Five-0 finishing second (I'd like to see Hawaii Five-0 win the hour). Hoping it does well in the ratings.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Regarding tonights (9/19) episode....
Wow!...Jenna Kaye working with Wo Fat. Didn't see that coming.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
todd s said:
Regarding tonights (9/19) episode....
Wow!...Jenna Kaye working with Wo Fat. Didn't see that coming.
Talk about the secret life of Alex Mack!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I loved the season two premiere. I can't wait to see it again either tonight or tomorrow night. And what an ending -- yowza!

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
I would agree, a very good start to the new season. It had some great scenes and very good writing. Usually I can figure out or have most things figured out very early in TV shows or movies. Lost was one of the few exceptions as a whole and I did not see the mole of Jenna Kaye working for Wo in this one even from last year. A very good surprise twist and I hope they keep up the quality of writing.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I enjoyed the action and breathless pursuit of Steve through the season opener, but count me as one who is NOT on board with the mole business. '24' pushed that plot twist into the ground during its years on the air, and now whenever any other show uses it, I have an automatic negative reaction.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Do we need spoiler tags in this thread?
I have no evidence to support this, but I think Jenna is actually working for Steve -- or at least some faction of the 'good guys' (perhaps even the man that trained Steve). I think that she will eventually double-cross Wo Fat, and probably end up dead along the way.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Robert Crawford said:
I think so when discussing an episode that was shown just a few days ago.  
Robert,Thank you, and I agree.

RichM

Agent
Regarding Jenna Kaye:
If she was a mole for Wo Fat then why give Steve the key that eventually led to the camera reveal and his innocence? Did Wo Fat really want Steve to be found innocent?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Ockeghem said:
Do we need spoiler tags in this thread?
I have no evidence to support this, but I think Jenna is actually working for Steve -- or at least some faction of the 'good guys' (perhaps even the man that trained Steve). I think that she will eventually double-cross Wo Fat, and probably end up dead along the way.
That makes more sense than the obvious first reaction to the scene.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
NeilO said:
That makes more sense than the obvious first reaction to the scene.
Neil,
I actually now believe that my spoiler won't come true, given that no one on the team is reacting in a way that would convey that they have even an inkling of what is going on between the two people involved at the close of the episode. Oh well, I hope I'm wrong (meaning I hope what I wrote in the spoiler is closer to the truth). I think it would make for an interesting story line.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
RichM said:
Regarding Jenna Kaye:
If she was a mole for Wo Fat then why give Steve the key that eventually led to the camera reveal and his innocence? Did Wo Fat really want Steve to be found innocent?
Rich,
We watched the episode again tonight. I am very intrigued by who was in the room when the earlier film was shown. John, Wo Fat, and the Governor -- why? I've been scratching my head over this for the past few days.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just saw the season two opener.
That was certainly entertaining. Only in the TV world would they let McGarrett off that fast! No consequences for escaping from prison, attacking a police officer and stealing a police car? I am of course nitpicking with tongue in cheek.
I never watched 24, so I am not familiar with this mole business they did. I am disappointed if Jenna is a mole. I am assuming spoilers are no longer necessary as it's been 6 days.
Nice to see some progress to unraveling John's probe that got him killed. I guess these new shows have to have these plots to make things interesting.
Hey Scott, I'm with you, I hope she's working for Steve. The whole business with her tracking down her lover's killer I hope was the truth.
It was really nice to see O'Quinn back on TV. If Jenna is a mole, I would think his character was smart to figure it out. Unless he's a mole too and working with McGarrett's father.
I am surprised that Masi Oka was promoted to a full time cast member. No offense to Masi, he was great on Heroes. But here, he's too goofy for my tastes. He played the character a little too odd last season. To me, that is a sort of disrespect to the original Doc, that he's not a serious doctor, and played goofy. Perhaps we'll see another side of him in the future.
And they are playing up Masi's image as a geek and a Star Trek fan. Now I don't have a problem with that. :) But isn't that kind of close to Hiro? :) Perhaps it was Orci and Kurtzman's thinking to throw in some Trek love. I"ll have to see if Masi's key-ring had a TOS Enterprise or a 2009 Star Trek Enterprise.
On another note, I don't recall if Danno last season was so much like Sawyer was on Lost. His calling Masi Oka's character nick names was very much like Sawyer. He called him Kermit and another name.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Regarding Kaye....
After seeing the season premiere..I thought she was a mole. But, I am wondering if she really was after Wo Fat and he contacted her and said he had her fiance and if she didn't help him. He would kill him. I say this because she brought up that her fiance may be alive and she was leaving 5-0. If your a mole...Why leave? It could be that Wo Fat left Hawaii and has no use for a mole in 5-0. But, we shall see.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I saw the second episode yesterday. Call me crazy, but could Jenna's leaving Five-0 and Kono's apparent dismissal from the force be connected.
Perhaps they will go undercover as they are tasked to persue Wo Fat. Or learn more about his organization.
Not sure I like the Lori Westin character yet, the show's cast is getting pretty big now too. At first I thought her name was a homage to the female officer that appeared on Five-0 TOS. Either the one was played an undercover officer to trap a bad guy, or the one in the last season.
I also thought the new Governor's name sounded like another homage to the original. So I double checked, the Jean Smart Governor's name was the same as the original, Jameson. So another Mission Impossible moment when she turned out to be a bad person. And the new Governor's name, Denning is a homage to the original actor who played the Governor.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,
I like the addition of Lauren German (Lori Weston) to the cast, but I hope she does not replace Kono. I'm thinking they have to wrap up that part of the story in the next couple of episodes. You know the original series much better than I. Did Kono last for the entire series?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey Scott!
I never thought for a moment that Lori would replace Kono.:) That's why I wondered if the Internal Affairs guy was setting her up to go down in disgrace so they could use her in some kind of rogue operation in conjunction with Jenna.
The original Kono was with the series for the first 4 seasons. There was some unpleasant circumstances or disagreement with Jack Lord, so they chose to replace Kono with another character.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks