Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Castle Season 4

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 of 35 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,264 posts

Posted March 31 2012 - 06:58 PM

Nice to see "Sir" become somewhat more humanized. Noticed she's been in the credits recently, but unless I missed something, seems like she wasn't part of many episodes. Glad they toned her down and made her somewhat more likeable. Unless I'm mistaken, didn't Kate let it slip a few months ago that she remembered everything about her shooting? I'd swear I remember Castle already realizing the "I love" you bit had happened.
Stan

#2 of 35 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,652 posts

Posted March 31 2012 - 07:01 PM

Yes, I believe what happened is Beckett told the police psychiatrist that she remembered everything, I meant to add that to my earlier post.

#3 of 35 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,264 posts

Posted April 01 2012 - 12:23 PM

That makes more sense. The psychiatrist knew, but not Castle. I knew the dialogue sounded familiar.
Stan

#4 of 35 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,991 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 03 2012 - 01:50 AM

Now I'll join those of you saying Castle is acting like a baby. I just don't buy this regression. It's very telling to me that neither Alexis nor Martha were in this episode. I mean, running to other women and letting Beckett know it is plausible but grade school, but racing up to the crime scene and engaging in other behavior that would get him kicked through the Iron Gates so fast his head would swim? Just a very disappointing way they've decided to handle this.

#5 of 35 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,652 posts

Posted April 03 2012 - 01:49 PM

Something appears to be coming to a head. The previews for next week imply further that Lanie thinks Beckett better do something to let Castle know before it's too late. He was acting pretty much like he did before he meet Beckett, as the dialogue stated last night. I agree, the absence of Alexis and Martha to straighten him out was perhaps some kind of choice so they can use them to re-align Castle later. Im sure the season finally will place them back in a position of longing for each other yet something like the cop from last night might get in the way again. I was wondering why Beckett's black dress last night didn't show any scars from the bullet wound. I guess it was lower.

#6 of 35 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,740 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 03 2012 - 02:04 PM

The show's interpretation of major open heart surgery scarring is basically a little mosquito bite sized mark on her chest. It's totally unbelievable.

#7 of 35 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,991 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 03 2012 - 02:05 PM

Nah, they are just forgetting the scar thing I think. What I meant by the absence of his female support system is not so they can pull him back later, but it was just inconvenient to the show to show how disappointing this tantrum would be to them. I, personally, get no pleasure seeing a character reset to day one, square one, episode one. I know he's just acting out, and it is something that might occur in real life, but it's just unsavory to watch. It's like how hard it can be to go back and watch early episodes of DS9, where the relationships haven't solidified and you feel like you've got a long climb to get back to familiar ground.

#8 of 35 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,652 posts

Posted April 03 2012 - 02:20 PM

That's a good point Greg. Seeing him reset like that.

#9 of 35 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,740 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 03 2012 - 02:39 PM

Nah, they are just forgetting the scar thing I think.
In the season premiere, they showed the scar. It was basically a little pock mark. Having seen the chests of people who'd undergone similar surgery, it made me roll my eyes even then.
I, personally, get no pleasure seeing a character reset to day one, square one, episode one. I know he's just acting out, and it is something that might occur in real life, but it's just unsavory to watch. It's like how hard it can be to go back and watch early episodes of DS9, where the relationships haven't solidified and you feel like you've got a long climb to get back to familiar ground.
I agree that he "reset", but I don't think he's coming from the same place as he was when the series began. When the series began, it was just the natural course of events for him. Now, it's him grasping for something to make his life make sense. He still wants to help Beckett, Ryan and Esposito solve crimes because he thinks it's important. At the same time, he thinks Beckett's not interested so he's trying to move on. Women like the flight attendant both help distract him from his heartbreak and help him enforce the emotional distance necessary for him to still do this job with the woman who broke his heart. He doesn't trust himself to be around Beckett without a distancing element. That's why he was grateful for the limey's presence, when he'd normally have been incredibly jealous; for his purposes, the ruggedly handsome DI serves him as well as the flight attendant. I can't imagine this new state of affairs is going to last for long.

#10 of 35 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,652 posts

Posted April 16 2012 - 10:50 PM

Good episode tonight. Nice to see Castle on the mend towards Beckett. Fun to see him with Slaughter. I liked the dialogue at the end that had the duel meaning. Letting a past hurt go if you really want that thing. The contrast of Slaughter and then Beckett helping Castle at the end was nice to see as they had that magic in resolving the crime.

#11 of 35 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 09:34 AM

The contrast of Slaughter and then Beckett helping Castle at the end was nice to see as they had that magic in resolving the crime.
That and seeing Adam and Nathan together. Just wish they'd worked in some Firefly references. That'd been awesome! Strike that; I'm an adult - outstanding!

#12 of 35 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,169 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 17 2012 - 12:21 PM

Great working relationship between Nathan and Adam in the show and totally different dynamic between their two new characters from the one they shared on Firefly. Two excellent actors and a very enjoyable episode.

#13 of 35 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,754 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 12:52 PM

Just wish they'd worked in some Firefly references.
Not sure if it was intentional, but it was a brown coat that Castle ended up having to give to Slaughter.

#14 of 35 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,991 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 17 2012 - 01:45 PM

I'm glad they didn't soften Slaughter up by the end. It's funny seeing the contrast between Slaughter and John Casey. Casey was a cranky bad ass, but his emotions were closed off and he didn't like to speak any more than he had to. Slaughter is a bad ass, but he's also a blowhard jackass. Good episode, and I assume we'll see him again somewhere down the line. Also good that Castle and Beckett will probably talk through some things now.

#15 of 35 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,652 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 01:54 PM

I never saw Firefly! Only Serenity. So I only have a passing familiarity with it. I did like the Firely joke from the Halloween episode. Is it me, or has Nathan been gaining weight? There was one scene he looked terrible in out in the street with Slaughter in the seedy section of town. Perhaps it was the make-up to make him look hung over. But he hadn't been hung over yet!

#16 of 35 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,906 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 04:32 PM

Nathan Fillian has gained a HUGE amount of weight over the last few years. I'm kind of surprised that he's let himself go so much. Look at him in Firefly. He was lean and fit. Compare that to his appearance now and he almost looks like a different person. No denying that weight comes easier and goes harder with age, but as a successful actor he can afford to work with a trainer and nutritionist. Maybe he just doesn't care. But if they ever were to revist Firefly with another film the man would have to do some serious training just to look decent again.
I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#17 of 35 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,740 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 17 2012 - 06:18 PM

Nathan Fillion is stockier now, no question, but he's not exactly a fat slob. To my mind, his body type is very much in keeping with a famous writer's.

#18 of 35 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,193 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted April 17 2012 - 06:25 PM

Kind of what I thought as well I think he's fine. He was a bit too thin in Firefly, but it matched the role
trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#19 of 35 OFFLINE   Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco

Screenwriter

• 2,462 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 08:31 PM

I don't think the show wants him to be overweight at all. He just is. He's not just a famous writer, but a famous writer playboy, with all kinds of beautiful women in his past (partly because of charm, partly because he was fit/handsome). He did let himself go somewhat and in certain scenes, you can really see it. At least I can.  
Studios, caption your internet streams.

#20 of 35 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,652 posts

Posted May 03 2012 - 07:31 PM

This zombie episode was a decent case. It was better to see the interaction with his daughter and mother. And of course, the healing has begun between Kate and Castle. With the last episode of the season, I guess they'll throw in some sort of cliff hanger to end the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users