Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 9-20-2011

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 of 36 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,376 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 17 2011 - 04:00 PM

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2 of 36 OFFLINE   Brisby

Brisby

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted September 17 2011 - 04:07 PM

Why is Disney cheaping out with their DMR coupons lately? They used to give out ones good for $8 or even $10, but their last couple of titles have been good for only $5. :( Regardless, Dumbo will be mine come Tuesday. I just hope The Lion King will have one good for at least $8.

#3 of 36 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,154 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted September 17 2011 - 04:51 PM

Thanks Mike.  We have a good piece coming on the restoration of Dumbo and the preservation efforts Disney is taking next week to coincide with the release.  No need to go to Target to get the activity book.  Here are some Dumbo activities courtesy Disney:

[url=http://www.approvecreative.com/disney/DUMBO/DUMBO_Recipies.zip]

#4 of 36 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,888 posts

Posted September 17 2011 - 06:18 PM

I have The Others coming from DeepDiscount's Labor Day BOGO sale, but probably nothing else during release week.  May eventually pick up Breakfast at Tiffany's if/when I see a great price on it.  Don't know that I'll bother to upgrade Dumbo at all unless it's at a great bargain price (like I've done w/ most other Disney/Pixar titles). Probably put Bridesmaids on my (currently suspended) Blockbuster Online queue likely for viewing during the holiday season or so (when I'll reactivate the account). Hmmm...  I may get around to picking up the X-Men First Class BD from BB at that $17.99 price since I still have a $5 RZ GC to use. Thanks for another WRU, Mike. _Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

#5 of 36 OFFLINE   SD_Brian

SD_Brian

Supporting Actor

• 590 posts

Posted September 17 2011 - 06:54 PM

Why is Disney cheaping out with their DMR coupons lately? They used to give out ones good for $8 or even $10, but their last couple of titles have been good for only $5. :( Regardless, Dumbo will be mine come Tuesday. I just hope The Lion King will have one good for at least $8.

That's still $5.00 more than most studios will give you toward upgrading a title...

#6 of 36 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,879 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted September 18 2011 - 01:06 AM

Thanks as always, Mike, for the Roundup. Hope to have the review for Les cousins up later today. Dumbo and Modern Family will be later in the week.

#7 of 36 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,760 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 18 2011 - 01:31 AM

I'll be getting the Bridesmaids (easily the funniest movie that I've seen this year) and Dumbo Blu-rays this week. Thanks for the prices! :)

#8 of 36 OFFLINE   terry deto

terry deto

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts
  • LocationJackson,MI

Posted September 18 2011 - 03:47 AM

$5 off Bridesmaids Blu-Ray or DVD http://slickdeals.ne...32799&t=3321522

#9 of 36 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,562 posts

Posted September 18 2011 - 05:25 AM

Definitely adding Bridesmaids to my Netflix queue...when they get in in 30 days!!

#10 of 36 OFFLINE   Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted September 18 2011 - 09:24 AM

I'm getting the giant (& expensive) Lion King 8 disc trilogy box set & they better have at least a $10 coupon for that puppy. Thanks as always for the roundup, Mike. Nothing for me. Liked Bridesmaids, but not enough to buy. Got the Mexican Dumbo blu ray last year so I have all this week & next to Star(Wars)Gaze. Not buying the movie only Transformers next week.

#11 of 36 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,376 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 18 2011 - 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by MattH. 

Thanks as always, Mike, for the Roundup. Hope to have the review for Les cousins up later today.

And so it is.  I have added the link to the OP.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#12 of 36 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,376 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 18 2011 - 09:42 AM

[quote]Originally Posted by ManW_TheUncool [url=/t/314873/weekly-roundup-9-20-2011#post_3851790]

Casey, Junior comin' 'round the bend...

#13 of 36 OFFLINE   Dave Corder

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted September 18 2011 - 12:23 PM

Amazon's price for the Dumbo Blu-ray is down to $21.99 (I pre-ordered back when they had an $8/off promo when buying another Disney Blu-ray - I preordered TLK 2-disc). Just crossing my fingers that that promo ends up being the same as or less than the B&M deals with the DMR coupons :) Thanks for the roundup!

#14 of 36 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,376 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 18 2011 - 02:15 PM

Added a link to Tim's review of the blu of Breakfast at Tiffany's in the OP. 

#15 of 36 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,954 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted September 18 2011 - 02:28 PM

Breakfast at Tiffany's. At some point if not this week.

#16 of 36 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,687 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted September 18 2011 - 02:42 PM

Tiffany's and Dumbo, and the Criterions later.

#17 of 36 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,437 posts

Posted September 19 2011 - 03:23 AM

The Inspector General has been included in several PD "Shovelware" Packs for quite some time now. (This release probably has better quality however.) Once, while researching material for a Term Paper when I was in School, I came across an Advertisment for The Inspector General on a Newspaper Ad I was looking at. It was playing along with another Movie (Double Features were the norm then, a newfangled device called "Television" was just beginning to emerge, but most people went to the Movie Theatre to get their "Fix" of Entertainment. I'd like to see that second Movie that accompanied TIG on DVD. If I could travel back in time this particular Motion Picture would be the subject of a Time Traveler's "Practical Joke" as it was remade in 1980 (With an "R" Rating). Imagine what would happen if I were to get a copy of the remake, travel back to 1949, find a Theatre showing the Original, and SWITCH THE COPIES on the unsuspecting Audience! :laugh: And what was the name of that "B" Movie? I'll let you find out for yourself! :D

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes: 40,524    :biggrin:   ( 855 Series )  :biggrin:   Movies: 2,543 :biggrin:  Serials : 78 :B) (1201 Chapters) :B) Documentaries: 500 :B)

#18 of 36 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,687 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted September 20 2011 - 09:38 AM

At BB today I got the last copy of the Dumbo Blu-ray whose slipcover wasn't popping open from insufficient gluing.  Also sprung (sprang?) for the Lion King "collectible case" a.k.a. steelbook, and Platoon on Blu at the $15 sale price.

The season for poverty has barely begun.

#19 of 36 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,879 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted September 20 2011 - 02:41 PM

The Dumbo review can be found here.

#20 of 36 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,376 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 20 2011 - 02:50 PM

[quote]Originally Posted by MattH. [url=/t/314873/weekly-roundup-9-20-2011#post_3852850]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users