-

Photo
- - - - -

Star Wars Easter Egg Discussion Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 of 21 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,954 posts

Posted September 17 2011 - 12:45 PM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

STAR WARS THE COMPLETE SAGA EASTER EGGS

Here is where members report Easter Egg content they have found on the the Star Wars discs with instructions how to access them.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 21 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,517 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted September 17 2011 - 01:51 PM

Thanks, Ron. Let's see what everyone comes up with.

#3 of 21 OFFLINE   Haden

Haden

Supporting Actor

• 782 posts

Posted September 17 2011 - 02:22 PM

This isn't exactly an easter egg since it's not really hidden if you look through all the bonus features thoroughly, but many people could easily overlook it.... They have the full cartoon from the Star Wars Holiday Special showing Boba Fett's first appearance on one of the bonus discs. It's never looked this good before, since we've only seen it on 3rd or 4th generation bootlegs in the past. To find it, put in disc 8 and go to the "Pursued by the Imperial Fleet" section then to the "Collection" section, then to "Boba Fett prototype armor", and then select "First Look" and the full cartoon will play. I'm impressed that they included the whole cartoon sequence, even though it's not that long. I've played through all the rest of the OT features so far and no other big surprises like that were there. So if there's any real easter eggs, they'll be harder to find. I still need to play through the PT bonus features.

#4 of 21 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,149 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted September 17 2011 - 04:24 PM

Ron are you expecting people to find something? I feel like you know something that you haven't told us.
facebook.com/whotony

#5 of 21 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,954 posts

Posted September 17 2011 - 11:04 PM

See Adam's post below...

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#6 of 21 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,831 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted September 18 2011 - 04:50 AM

From our Hands on Report:

Q: Is the holiday special on there?

A: You’ll have to wait and see! The holiday special is a challenge, but look for some Easter Eggs – what’s a Star Wars release without a couple of Easter Eggs?!

We also reported (maybe even broke?) the Christmas Special info part three of our coverage.

#7 of 21 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,149 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted September 18 2011 - 06:18 AM

We also reported (maybe even broke?) the Christmas Special info part three of our coverage.

Adam what info? is the Christmas special on there somewhere or is it just the cartoon as Haden seems to have "broke" a few posts back? Only thing in that article is.... "Q: Is the holiday special on there? A: You’ll have to wait and see! The holiday special is a challenge, but look for some Easter Eggs – what’s a Star Wars release without a couple of Easter Eggs?! J"
facebook.com/whotony

#8 of 21 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,378 posts

Posted September 18 2011 - 09:21 AM

Oh come on--nobody's found anything yet? I recall there were some bloopers on one of the old dvds--I think it was the old Phantom Menace dvd. I was never able to access it (it involved entering a complicated code, and my remote didn't have that capability back in '99). I know there's stuff on these discs--it's Lucasfilm after all. And yes I've looked, and no I haven't found anything yet. Let's all look harder!!

#9 of 21 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,016 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 18 2011 - 10:17 AM

My guess is that the Holiday Special cartoon is the only hidden feature.

#10 of 21 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,831 posts

Posted September 18 2011 - 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by TonyD 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich 

Adam what info? is the Christmas special on there somewhere or is it just the cartoon as Haden seems to have "broke" a few posts back?

Only thing in that article is....

"Q: Is the holiday special on there?
A: You’ll have to wait and see! The holiday special is a challenge, but look for some Easter Eggs – what’s a Star Wars release without a couple of Easter Eggs?! J"

No, We reported that the just the BF portion of the Christmas special was on there with instructions on how to get to it.  Lucasfilm said there were easter eggS plural.  Granted the Christmas Special excerpt was kind of hidden in plain sight.  I am heading out of vacation this next week and won't have phone/email/internet access (gasp!) so if nothing has turned up by the time I get back I'll hit up Lucasfilm and see if I can dig up any other info.

#11 of 21 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,016 posts

Posted September 18 2011 - 11:33 AM

Lucasfilm said there were easter eggS plural.

Man, my faith in Star Wars fans is shaken. :) I figured that the sheer number and devotion of fans would mean that anything else hidden on the discs would have been found by Friday night at the latest.

#12 of 21 OFFLINE   Harmy

Harmy

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted September 18 2011 - 12:55 PM

I was never able to discover any Easter eggs in the menu of any DVD but I always just went to the VIDEO_TS folder on my PC and played one file after another until I found them. Maybe you guys who have the Blu-Rays could do the same with them (there it would be the STREAM folder of course...).

#13 of 21 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Lead Actor

• 9,909 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted September 21 2011 - 07:53 AM

Maybe in Stars Wars land the entire Christmas special is that cartoon. Posted Image

#14 of 21 OFFLINE   Dave Farley

Dave Farley

Second Unit

• 411 posts

Posted September 29 2011 - 10:48 PM

I am heading out of vacation this next week and won't have phone/email/internet access (gasp!) so if nothing has turned up by the time I get back I'll hit up Lucasfilm and see if I can dig up any other info. 

Adam, So far, it looks like there have been no easter eggs found. Can you check with Lucasfilm when you have time and find out what the story is? Thanks. :)

#15 of 21 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,016 posts

Posted September 30 2011 - 01:49 AM

Not that it could hurt to check with LFL but I hit 'play all' on the special features disc and the easter egg played along with everything else so I think the cartoon is the only egg on the set.

#16 of 21 OFFLINE   SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,503 posts

Posted September 30 2011 - 04:33 PM

If there Easter eggs on the bonus discs, they are well hidden, or Lucasfilm got too clever and nobody will figure it out until they tell us how to find them.

#17 of 21 OFFLINE   Brian Borst

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted October 05 2011 - 05:23 AM

If there Easter eggs on the bonus discs, they are well hidden, or Lucasfilm got too clever and nobody will figure it out until they tell us how to find them.

If pressing "1138" in every menu doesn't make at least something come up, then I'm sure that there aren't any Easter eggs on this set :D.
Never go out with anyone who thinks Fellini is a type of cheese

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection

#18 of 21 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,831 posts

Posted October 05 2011 - 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Farley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich 

I am heading out of vacation this next week and won't have phone/email/internet access (gasp!) so if nothing has turned up by the time I get back I'll hit up Lucasfilm and see if I can dig up any other info. 

Adam,

So far, it looks like there have been no easter eggs found. Can you check with Lucasfilm when you have time and find out what the story is? Thanks. Posted Image

Thanks for the reminder Dave.  I'm made the request, may take a few days to hear something.

#19 of 21 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,831 posts

Posted October 06 2011 - 06:01 AM

Looks like we can pack up and go home boys! (and by home I mean stay here on HTF but in other threads Posted Image ):

Hey Adam – That’s the only one I’m aware of.

#20 of 21 OFFLINE   SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,503 posts

Posted October 06 2011 - 09:36 PM

So, no real Easter eggs? Kind of disappointing.

Back to Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow