What's new

Star Wars Easter Egg Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

STAR WARS THE COMPLETE SAGA EASTER EGGS

Here is where members report Easter Egg content they have found on the the Star Wars discs with instructions how to access them.

Haden

Supporting Actor
This isn't exactly an easter egg since it's not really hidden if you look through all the bonus features thoroughly, but many people could easily overlook it.... They have the full cartoon from the Star Wars Holiday Special showing Boba Fett's first appearance on one of the bonus discs. It's never looked this good before, since we've only seen it on 3rd or 4th generation bootlegs in the past. To find it, put in disc 8 and go to the "Pursued by the Imperial Fleet" section then to the "Collection" section, then to "Boba Fett prototype armor", and then select "First Look" and the full cartoon will play. I'm impressed that they included the whole cartoon sequence, even though it's not that long. I've played through all the rest of the OT features so far and no other big surprises like that were there. So if there's any real easter eggs, they'll be harder to find. I still need to play through the PT bonus features.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ron are you expecting people to find something? I feel like you know something that you haven't told us.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
From our Hands on Report:

Q: Is the holiday special on there?

A: You’ll have to wait and see! The holiday special is a challenge, but look for some Easter Eggs – what’s a Star Wars release without a couple of Easter Eggs?!
We also reported (maybe even broke?) the Christmas Special info part three of our coverage.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Adam Gregorich said:
From our Hands on Report:

We also reported (maybe even broke?) the Christmas Special info part three of our coverage.
Adam what info? is the Christmas special on there somewhere or is it just the cartoon as Haden seems to have "broke" a few posts back? Only thing in that article is.... "Q: Is the holiday special on there? A: You’ll have to wait and see! The holiday special is a challenge, but look for some Easter Eggs – what’s a Star Wars release without a couple of Easter Eggs?! J"

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Oh come on--nobody's found anything yet? I recall there were some bloopers on one of the old dvds--I think it was the old Phantom Menace dvd. I was never able to access it (it involved entering a complicated code, and my remote didn't have that capability back in '99). I know there's stuff on these discs--it's Lucasfilm after all. And yes I've looked, and no I haven't found anything yet. Let's all look harder!!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by TonyD

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich [url=/t/314870/star-wars-easter-egg-discussion-thread#post_3851885]

From our [url=http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/314096/lucasfilm-on-star-wars-the-complete-saga-blu-ray-hands-on-report]Hands on Report
:

Adam what info? is the Christmas special on there somewhere or is it just the cartoon as Haden seems to have "broke" a few posts back?

Only thing in that article is....

"Q: Is the holiday special on there?
A: You’ll have to wait and see! The holiday special is a challenge, but look for some Easter Eggs – what’s a Star Wars release without a couple of Easter Eggs?! J"

No, We reported that the just the BF portion of the Christmas special was on there with instructions on how to get to it. Lucasfilm said there were easter eggS plural. Granted the Christmas Special excerpt was kind of hidden in plain sight. I am heading out of vacation this next week and won't have phone/email/internet access (gasp!) so if nothing has turned up by the time I get back I'll hit up Lucasfilm and see if I can dig up any other info.

Harmy

Agent
Real Name
Petr Harmacek
I was never able to discover any Easter eggs in the menu of any DVD but I always just went to the VIDEO_TS folder on my PC and played one file after another until I found them. Maybe you guys who have the Blu-Rays could do the same with them (there it would be the STREAM folder of course...).

Dave Farley

Second Unit
Adam Gregorich said:
I am heading out of vacation this next week and won't have phone/email/internet access (gasp!) so if nothing has turned up by the time I get back I'll hit up Lucasfilm and see if I can dig up any other info. 

Adam, So far, it looks like there have been no easter eggs found. Can you check with Lucasfilm when you have time and find out what the story is? Thanks. :)

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
If there Easter eggs on the bonus discs, they are well hidden, or Lucasfilm got too clever and nobody will figure it out until they tell us how to find them.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
SilverWook said:
If there Easter eggs on the bonus discs, they are well hidden, or Lucasfilm got too clever and nobody will figure it out until they tell us how to find them.
If pressing "1138" in every menu doesn't make at least something come up, then I'm sure that there aren't any Easter eggs on this set :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks