What's new

Parks And Recreation: Season Four (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
God, I never get tired of Perd somehow acting as a narrator of his own statements right as he says them.
"The final thing these candidates will say will be their closing statements. We will begin with our first candidate to go, Bobby Newport."
Brandi MaxXxx was also great, and Joan Callamezzo, too. The entire Pawnee media is just an endless gift.
Also:
"Wichita Lineman."
How many modern sitcom actors could pull off a scene like that so note-perfectly?
ONE.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
How many modern sitcom actors could pull off a scene like that so note-perfectly?
ONE.
The amazing thing about this show is half the actors have those kind of moments regularly. Nick Offerman is a comedy god, but nobody else could pull of Leslie Knope like Amy Poehler does, nobody else on the planet does earnest-underneath-morose-deadpan like Aubrey Plaza, Tom Haverford is unimaginable outside of Aziz Ansari, and Chris Pratt lights up every scene he's in. You couldn't right those movie retellings for anybody else. Even Rob Lowe brings something unique and original to the table. Since Paul Schneider left, Rashida Jones is really the only weak link left. And that's mostly because the writers have never known what to do with her character.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The producers actually put up a Twitter feed for the debate's Twitter-questioner (@MunchMeat2015) – it's hilarious, and they've apparently been running it since February:
https://twitter.com/#!/munchmeat2015
Holy shit, this show.
@MunchMeat asks Dale Earnhardt Jr. how he stays "so consistent." (Also, MunchMeat2015 found his car around midnight, Central time. But there's a twist!)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Hello. You are here because you gave us money. Now, we will give you ribs. Also, you will watch the debate. If you like the debate, you'll give us more money. That is all. Ron Swanson.

Ron Swanson explains the American political fund-raising system in 12 seconds.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ That was a funny line (and maintains Bobby's status as a lovable or goofy moron rather than being a bad guy) but the line of the night for me was Ron was saying "But you're an asshole" to the van guy.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Loved Andy's list, including the Moon, New Caprica, the Battlestar Pegasus, and Winterfell as possible "new" places to live. Also, Key Largo, Montego, and Kokomo.
Sad to think there's now only thirteen episodes of this show left.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
Loved Andy's list, including the Moon, New Caprica, the Battlestar Pegasus...
New Caprica and the Battlestar Pegasus do not seem like a good choices to live to me. Goddamn, those New Caprica rescue episodes of Galactica were good. "Then that's it. It's been an honor."
For the sake of west coasters or DVR viewers, I don't want to get too specific but they made all the right choices with how this season ended.
And Jean-Ralphio for City Manager!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I agree, Travis. Every storyline got the ending it earned. Especially Ron's pep talk to Leslie, which wouldn't have been possible any earlier in the series without feeling forced.
joshEH said:
]Sad to think there's now only thirteen episodes of this show left.
What? What what what?!? I know NBC's looking at shorter seasons for most of its comedies next year, but I haven't heard anything about season 5 being the last.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Granted, assuming that another network doesn't pick it up, that is. Which, hopefully might happen, barring an extended season-order down the road. Vanity Fair seems to think this is NBC basically putting it out to pasture.
Ben's reaction to that drink from Ron killed me. Jean-Ralphio's been missed.
To channel Chris Traeger for a moment, here, I'll never understand why NBC chose literally the worst timeslot for this show possible. It's a great 8:00 show; quality-wise, it should be their 9:00 show, and it flowed great in the lineup at 8:30. 9:00, though? Needs to be something a little darker. 30 Rock was great for that.
If there's any justice at all in the world, Ron's speech about never changing is just going to get memed to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks