Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Parks And Recreation: Season Four

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 of 33 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,180 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 19 2012 - 04:15 AM

The dark times end as Parks And Recreation returns tonight!

#2 of 33 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,821 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted April 19 2012 - 07:51 AM

Was just reading the official synopsis for tonight's episode. They had me at the words "Ron Swanson" and "meditation center."

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#3 of 33 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,821 posts

Posted April 24 2012 - 10:39 PM

Nick Offerman Reads Teen-Celebrity Tweets While Doing Manly Shit.

...Like, with chainsaws and stuff.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#4 of 33 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,180 posts

Posted April 26 2012 - 06:10 PM

"Holy shit, Leslie, that was awesome!" I love the fourth X in Brandi Maxxxx's name. As usual, I also love what this show has to say about the media, politics and corporations.

#5 of 33 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,029 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 26 2012 - 08:18 PM

Andy's retelling of "Roadhouse" may be my very favorite thing ever.

#6 of 33 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,180 posts

Posted April 27 2012 - 04:39 AM

An extended cut of the episode (running about 4 and a half minutes longer) is on NBC's site.

#7 of 33 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,821 posts

Posted April 27 2012 - 11:42 AM

God, I never get tired of Perd somehow acting as a narrator of his own statements right as he says them. "The final thing these candidates will say will be their closing statements. We will begin with our first candidate to go, Bobby Newport." Brandi MaxXxx was also great, and Joan Callamezzo, too. The entire Pawnee media is just an endless gift. Also: "Wichita Lineman." How many modern sitcom actors could pull off a scene like that so note-perfectly? ONE.

#8 of 33 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,029 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 27 2012 - 01:29 PM

How many modern sitcom actors could pull off a scene like that so note-perfectly? ONE.
The amazing thing about this show is half the actors have those kind of moments regularly. Nick Offerman is a comedy god, but nobody else could pull of Leslie Knope like Amy Poehler does, nobody else on the planet does earnest-underneath-morose-deadpan like Aubrey Plaza, Tom Haverford is unimaginable outside of Aziz Ansari, and Chris Pratt lights up every scene he's in. You couldn't right those movie retellings for anybody else. Even Rob Lowe brings something unique and original to the table. Since Paul Schneider left, Rashida Jones is really the only weak link left. And that's mostly because the writers have never known what to do with her character.

#9 of 33 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,180 posts

Posted April 27 2012 - 01:34 PM

I think outside of Breaking Bad, the Parks actors are the best cast on TV.

#10 of 33 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,821 posts

Posted April 27 2012 - 05:11 PM

I want to see the uncut reel of the candidates, and Andy's re-enactments.

#11 of 33 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,821 posts

Posted April 27 2012 - 07:54 PM

The producers actually put up a Twitter feed for the debate's Twitter-questioner (@MunchMeat2015) – it's hilarious, and they've apparently been running it since February: https://twitter.com/#!/munchmeat2015 Holy shit, this show. @MunchMeat asks Dale Earnhardt Jr. how he stays "so consistent." (Also, MunchMeat2015 found his car around midnight, Central time. But there's a twist!)

#12 of 33 OFFLINE   Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,639 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted April 28 2012 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
Hello. You are here because you gave us money. Now, we will give you ribs. Also, you will watch the debate. If you like the debate, you'll give us more money. That is all. Ron Swanson.
  Ron Swanson explains the American political fund-raising system in 12 seconds.
Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.
* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.
* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#13 of 33 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,029 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted May 01 2012 - 01:05 PM

The two remaining episodes of the season will be supersized on NBC.com

#14 of 33 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,029 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted May 04 2012 - 05:36 PM

"Now I get it! Your mom and my dad are both dicks!" -- Bobby Newport

#15 of 33 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,180 posts

Posted May 04 2012 - 06:28 PM

^ That was a funny line (and maintains Bobby's status as a lovable or goofy moron rather than being a bad guy) but the line of the night for me was Ron was saying "But you're an asshole" to the van guy.

#16 of 33 OFFLINE   Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts
  • LocationAnaheim. CA

Posted May 07 2012 - 07:39 AM

But the Stands and Practices people let the "ass" pass, but bleeped "hole". That, to my wife was the funniest part.
I have learned that some pain cannot be healed, but must be endured. I believe our Higher Power will help us to endure and find peace. I loved the boy with the utmost love of which my soul is capable and he is taken from me-yet in the agony of my spirit in surrendering such a treasure, I feel a thousand times richer than if I had never possessed it."
-- William Wordsworth 1812

#17 of 33 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,821 posts

Posted May 10 2012 - 06:16 PM

Loved Andy's list, including the Moon, New Caprica, the Battlestar Pegasus, and Winterfell as possible "new" places to live. Also, Key Largo, Montego, and Kokomo. Sad to think there's now only thirteen episodes of this show left.

#18 of 33 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,180 posts

Posted May 10 2012 - 06:25 PM

Loved Andy's list, including the Moon, New Caprica, the Battlestar Pegasus...
New Caprica and the Battlestar Pegasus do not seem like a good choices to live to me. Goddamn, those New Caprica rescue episodes of Galactica were good. "Then that's it. It's been an honor." For the sake of west coasters or DVR viewers, I don't want to get too specific but they made all the right choices with how this season ended. And Jean-Ralphio for City Manager!

#19 of 33 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,029 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted May 10 2012 - 08:43 PM

I agree, Travis. Every storyline got the ending it earned. Especially Ron's pep talk to Leslie, which wouldn't have been possible any earlier in the series without feeling forced.
]Sad to think there's now only thirteen episodes of this show left.
What? What what what?!? I know NBC's looking at shorter seasons for most of its comedies next year, but I haven't heard anything about season 5 being the last.

#20 of 33 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,821 posts

Posted May 10 2012 - 09:02 PM

Granted, assuming that another network doesn't pick it up, that is. Which, hopefully might happen, barring an extended season-order down the road. Vanity Fair seems to think this is NBC basically putting it out to pasture. Ben's reaction to that drink from Ron killed me. Jean-Ralphio's been missed. To channel Chris Traeger for a moment, here, I'll never understand why NBC chose literally the worst timeslot for this show possible. It's a great 8:00 show; quality-wise, it should be their 9:00 show, and it flowed great in the lineup at 8:30. 9:00, though? Needs to be something a little darker. 30 Rock was great for that. If there's any justice at all in the world, Ron's speech about never changing is just going to get memed to death.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users