What's new

Help with making a mounting compromise (1 Viewer)

bud659

Agent
Real Name
keith
Hi all, its been a while since I've posted - just been busy. have a dilemna here. Wall Mounting a 55" Lcd/led on top of a mantle would be a perfect spot for viewing, but would leave the center speaker mounted above the display screen. Or I could put the center speaker perfectly flat on the mantle but that would limit me to wall mount the TV directly above the center speaker thats sitting ontop of mantle. What would you guys do?

bud659

Agent
Real Name
keith
Here is a photo of what I am dealing with. I am leaning toward having the better TV viewing angle possible with wall mounting TV directly above the shelf? The compromise would be a higher mounted center speaker directly to the backboard above the mounted TV. what would you guys do with this setup?
bookshelf.jpg
Thank u :)

bud659

Agent
Real Name
keith
what makes the TV above speaker the better choice? aesthetics, sound, etc? The picture is more important than the sound and would mean a higher TV viewing angle (only 4 inches though) . thank you ohh. and what do i do about those L&R speakers to make them sound good? thanks again

bud659

Agent
Real Name
keith
thanks for the response. i will mount the TV above the center speaker for the optimal sound. The TV will now be 4-5 inches higher than expected , but thats compromise I guess :( I plan to mount the TV this coming weekend and will check to see if there is any further input from members. thanks all and thanks mccambley

bud659

Agent
Real Name
keith
are these red circles the best place for the L&R speakers? or further out along the edge?
image1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks