-

Photo
- - - - -

PHE Press Release: Super 8 (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,002 posts

Posted September 15 2011 - 05:22 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

“This Year’s Most Thrilling Movie”—Richard Corliss, Time

ACCLAIMED FILMMAKERS STEVEN SPIELBERG AND J.J. ABRAMS JOIN FORCES TO CREATE AN EXTRAORDINARY TALE OF YOUTH, MYSTERY, AND NOSTALGIC ADVENTURE

SUPER 8

Captivating Coming-Of-Age Story Premieres in a Blu-ray™/DVD Combo with Digital Copy November 22, 2011, Featuring Over Two Hours of Bonus Material Including In-Depth, Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes, Deleted Scenes and More

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (September 15, 2011) – Called “a mind-blowing masterpiece” (FOX-TV), writer/director J.J. Abrams’ (Star Trek) breathtaking adventure SUPER 8 debuts in a Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack with Digital Copy November 22, 2011 from Paramount Home Entertainment.  Produced by Amblin, Bad Robot and Academy Awardâ winner* Steven Spielberg, the exhilarating story follows a group of friends in a small Ohio town who witness a catastrophic train crash while making a super 8 movie.  When they realize that it was no accident, they set out to find the truth—something more shocking than any of them could have imagined.  Combining  action, humor and heart, the film features outstanding performances from a fresh young cast including Elle Fanning (Somewhere), Gabriel Basso (“The Big C”), Zach Mills (Kit Kittredge: An American Girl) and newcomers Joel Courtney, Riley Griffiths and Ryan Lee, along with veteran actors Kyle Chandler (“Friday Night Lights”) and Ron Eldard (“Blind Justice”).

The SUPER 8 Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack with Digital Copy includes more than two hours of enthralling special features including eight behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring the origins of the story, the casting, the locations, the music, the impact of 8mm film and more; an in-depth deconstruction of the breathtaking train crash; interviews with cast and crew including J.J. Abrams and Steven Spielberg;  deleted scenes; and commentary by J.J. Abrams, producer Bryan Burk and cinematographer Larry Fong.  SUPER 8will also be available as a single-disc DVD.

SUPER 8 Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack with Digital Copy

The SUPER 8 Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description with English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.  The DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with English 5.1 Surround and English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.  The Digital Copy is presented in English 2.0 Stereo with no subtitles.  The Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack contents are as follows:

Blu-ray:

o   Commentary by writer/director J.J. Abrams, producer Bryan Burk and cinematographer Larry Fong

o   Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes

·         The Dream Behind Super 8

·         The Search for New Faces

·         Meet Joel Courtney

·         Rediscovering Steel Town

·         The Visitor Lives

·         Scoring Super 8

·         Do You Believe in Magic?

·         The 8mm Revolution

o   Deconstructing the Train Crash

o   Deleted Scenes

DVD:

o   Feature Film

o   Digital Copy

SUPER 8 will also be available in a single disc DVD presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 5.1 Surround, Spanish 5.1 Surround and English Audio Description with English, French and Spanish subtitles.   The disc includes the following:

·         Commentary by writer/director J.J. Abrams, producer Bryan Burk and cinematographer Larry Fong

·         The Dream Behind Super 8

·         The Visitor Lives

About Paramount Home Entertainment

Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.  PPC is a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands.  PHE is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment products on behalf of various parties including: Paramount Pictures, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, Paramount Famous Productions, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, CBS and PBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment.

SUPER 8

Street Date:              November 22, 2011

Pricing:                       $29.99 U.S (DVD)

$39.99 U.S. (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)

Runtime:                     111 minutes

U.S. Rating:                PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence, language and some drug use

Canadian Rating:       PG for frightening scenes and violence

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,127 posts

Posted September 15 2011 - 05:28 AM

Strange to see that Paramount is suddenly jumping back on the Dolby TrueHD bandwagon considering they pretty much completely abandoned the format last year. 

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,744 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted September 15 2011 - 05:51 AM

Out of all the films this past summer, this was my favorite.  I will be looking forward to November 22.  I can double feature it with my own adolescent 8mm backyard neighborhood film "The Terror Of The Forest"  Posted Image

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#4 of 16 ONLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,804 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted September 15 2011 - 07:30 AM

^ Is "terror" your dog dressed up in your mom's fur coat? ;) I missed this and so much wanted to see it. Although I'll have to wait for a price cut before I buy, definitely going into the Wish List. Can't wait to see it.
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,744 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted September 15 2011 - 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Radioman970 

^ Is "terror" your dog dressed up in your mom's fur coat? Posted Image

I missed this and so much wanted to see it. Although I'll have to wait for a price cut before I buy, definitely going into the Wish List. Can't wait to see it.

Not hardly,  The dog refused to do the scenes for he thought the writing was beneath his talents, so it ended up the lanky nerd down the street with the most up to date makeup tips from the latest issues of Famous Monsters of Filmland.  At least it was in color.  Posted Image

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 4,015 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted September 15 2011 - 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lord Dalek 

Strange to see that Paramount is suddenly jumping back on the Dolby TrueHD bandwagon considering they pretty much completely abandoned the format last year. 

It may be J.J. Abrams influencing that. Remember that Star Trek (2009) was also a TrueHD release.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#7 of 16 ONLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,804 posts

Posted September 16 2011 - 12:55 AM

Not hardly,  The dog refused to do the scenes for he thought the writing was beneath his talents, so it ended up the lanky nerd down the street with the most up to date makeup tips from the latest issues of Famous Monsters of Filmland.  At least it was in color.  Posted Image

:D :tu:
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   KMR

KMR

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted September 16 2011 - 11:48 AM

I love the cover image for this one! (Having gone through my fair share of Super 8 film back in the 1970s...)

#9 of 16 ONLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,804 posts

Posted September 17 2011 - 12:27 AM

I haven't seen the film but the cover looks like Stand By Me. Can't be a bad thing.

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,744 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted September 17 2011 - 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Radioman970 

I haven't seen the film but the cover looks like Stand By Me. Can't be a bad thing.

I think you will enjoy it.  I found it to be an intelligent, fun, nostalgic film, except for the last 10 minutes and J.J. Abrams had too much influence at that point.

#11 of 16 ONLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,804 posts

Posted September 17 2011 - 08:13 AM

So many screw up the ending.. I was really enjoying the trailer of it. It finally came to my little town, but in an old theater I haven't been to since '98 (saw Godzilla there). they just started picking up films that the other larger one doesn't play. Decided not to bother and just buy it when it comes out.

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted September 17 2011 - 09:08 AM

Stand by Me mixed up with ET. While this looks good, it looks all too familiar. I plan to rent it at Redbox but not one I see worth blind-buying.

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#13 of 16 ONLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,804 posts

Posted September 18 2011 - 03:18 AM

Now, blind buying after the price drops...that's a different story. ;)

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted November 18 2011 - 09:17 AM

There is a coupon for $5 off valid from 11/22-11/27 that can be downloaded here: www.super8coupon.com.  Here are some clips from the special features:

This clip, taken from THE SEARCH FOR NEW FACES featurette, features the cast discussing working with J.J. Abrams

This clip, taken from the MEET JOEL COURTNEY featurette, talks about Joel Courtney meeting Elle Fanning

DVD/BD Trailer

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 09:54 AM

Amazon has a $5 "clip it" coupon as well. Got mine preordered. Can't wait.

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,169 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted November 18 2011 - 05:04 PM

www.super8coupon.com printable $5 coupon. It might be $20 before coupon at Target next week.
facebook.com/whotony