Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Losing entire audio various ways, need serious help.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 dozens

dozens

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted September 14 2011 - 05:44 AM

Here is my gear: Sony Bravia KDL-46S5100 HDTV Pioneer VSX 920-k Receiver AppleTV2 Airport Extreme 4th gen If playing iTunes music via Airplay via ATV > Receiver > TV occasionally songs will drop out for a sec, which I accept, but the problem that I must fix is that a song will be fine and complete playing but when the next song begins it will be playing in iTunes and on-screen via the ATV, but I will have no audio at all. Sometimes when the next song plays it will come back in, sometimes not. Seems totally random. Any help?

#2 of 5 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,626 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted September 14 2011 - 06:26 AM

This thread seems to indicate that it will do HDMI passthrough even when the receiver is turned off, perhaps there is a setup step that needs to be done? I don't think I've ever seen this receiver or used one but it should be possible. http://forum.blu-ray...r-thread-5.html

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#3 of 5 dozens

dozens

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted September 14 2011 - 06:57 AM

I have found differing opinions on the pass-through. I HAVE found some opinion that it will not play audio thru the receiver and the TV at the same time, which is disappointing but not that big of a deal. I have edited my post above to focus on my one largest problem. Thank you!

#4 of 5 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,626 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted September 14 2011 - 08:03 AM

Sounds like your wifi is napping or something, dunno! The machine that the ATV is pulling from isn't hibernating is it?

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#5 of 5 dozens

dozens

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted September 14 2011 - 09:04 AM

Nah, it can't be the wifi dropping out because it is still shown as playing on the screen. And no, nothing is 'sleeping'. Can't figure it out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users