Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ringer Season 1 (CW)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 of 26 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,326 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted March 28 2012 - 12:19 PM

COntinued craziness. Loved the reverse scam on mom to get Andrew's money back. And didn't see her as the likely villain against Siohban, though that actually makes sense (insofar as this show makes sense :)

#2 of 26 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,638 posts

Posted April 03 2012 - 02:00 PM

They really moved things along here in tonight's episode.

#3 of 26 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,063 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted April 03 2012 - 02:02 PM

It's preposterous, campy but yet strangely entertaining. Zero chance it gets renewed and it seems like they knew that.
trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#4 of 26 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,638 posts

Posted April 10 2012 - 03:19 PM

Season (and probably series) finale next week. Things are definitely coming to a head. I didn't expect the twist with Olivia tonight.

#5 of 26 OFFLINE   Scamp

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator

• 156 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 11:30 AM

Season (and probably series) finale next week. Things are definitely coming to a head. I didn't expect the twist with Olivia tonight.

I certainly hope it doesn't come to an end with this season. Been loving all the twists & turns coming at us over the last few weeks. Would definitely hate to see it not get renewed, especially as it'll likely end with so much still up in the air.

#6 of 26 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,326 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 02:24 PM

Oh, Olivia! How she betrayed us!

Usually these ridiculous conspiracy plots spin out of control. Surpirsingly, Ringer makes more and more sense as it goes along!

#7 of 26 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,906 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 13 2012 - 03:26 PM

I bet the last image next week will be Bridget and Siobhan face to face.

#8 of 26 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,638 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 02:17 PM

I bet the last image next week will be Bridget and Siobhan face to face.

It came close and I wish we had seen that.

#9 of 26 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,063 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted April 17 2012 - 02:26 PM

I thought it was a pretty good finale
trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#10 of 26 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,905 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 04:06 PM

Meh...I was looking at the clock through most of it.  I was going ballistic at the idea that Bridget decided to go up to the apartment knowing Bodaway was up there, but I suppose they justified it with the idea that she thought Juliet and/or Andrew were up there.  And it was pretty comical when Machado showed up so quickly, seemingly taking about the same amount of time as Bridget did to get there, despite having to get on an airplane.

Overall, I guess the show was mildly entertaining (I did make it this far without bailing afterall), but I think the writers went too far out of their way and cheated too much for the cheap thrill or plot twist.  Even if it did go another season, I'm not sure where they could take it.

#11 of 26 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,906 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 17 2012 - 09:44 PM

I thought it was rather awesome. Everything out in the open, thank God. At the first station break, the CW referred to it as the finale--not the season finale. That's pretty apparent from the ratings, and at least I'm okay with where things ended up. It would have been nice to have seen a season without the shadow of Macawi hanging over everything, and I would have liked to have seen a happy ending for Andrew, Juliet and Bridg. But, I agree that I'm not sure what a second season would have looked like. I'd tune in if the impossible happened, though.

#12 of 26 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,638 posts

Posted April 18 2012 - 02:24 AM

I thought it was rather awesome. Everything out in the open, thank God. At the first station break, the CW referred to it as the finale--not the season finale. That's pretty apparent from the ratings, and at least I'm okay with where things ended up. It would have been nice to have seen a season without the shadow of Macawi hanging over everything, and I would have liked to have seen a happy ending for Andrew, Juliet and Bridg. But, I agree that I'm not sure what a second season would have looked like. I'd tune in if the impossible happened, though.

I wonder if there was anyone who did not expect to see Macawi confronting Siobahn. I'm glad we got that. I wish that Andrew had stuck around after punching Henry for Henry to attempt to spill some of what Siobahn's been up to over the past 7 months. One question - at the end of the first episode, Siobahn is on the phone talking to someone - does anyone remember who that was?

#13 of 26 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,906 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 18 2012 - 09:20 AM

It might have been a call to the great Jonathan Banks. That was the call referenced last week, at least, where she was informed her hit man had failed and that another wouldn't be sent due to the loss of the phone. I have a very short memory for TV show specifics, however, so it could be something else.

#14 of 26 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,905 posts

Posted April 18 2012 - 09:38 AM

Could it have been Charlie?

#15 of 26 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,638 posts

Posted April 20 2012 - 02:08 PM

It might have been a call to the great Jonathan Banks. That was the call referenced last week, at least, where she was informed her hit man had failed and that another wouldn't be sent due to the loss of the phone. I have a very short memory for TV show specifics, however, so it could be something else.

But it wasn't Siobahn's hit man - it was either Juliet's mother's or Olivia's. Of course it might have been an inconsistency.

#16 of 26 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,906 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 20 2012 - 03:14 PM

What was the content of the call?

#17 of 26 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,326 posts

Posted April 22 2012 - 09:48 PM

Good episode. Fun show, tightening up at the end. Is this the end of the series?

#18 of 26 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,638 posts

Posted April 23 2012 - 01:42 AM

Good episode. Fun show, tightening up at the end. Is this the end of the series?

Given the CW's anemic ratings across the board, you never know, but I think most of us are not counting on a renewal.

#19 of 26 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,905 posts

Posted April 23 2012 - 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by NeilO 

Given the CW's anemic ratings across the board, you never know, but I think most of us are not counting on a renewal.

At least there should be some cost savings having one actor play two roles.  Or does SMG pull in two salaries? Posted Image

#20 of 26 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,638 posts

Posted April 28 2012 - 03:47 AM

I was watching Fairly Legal last night and ... Spoiler for April 27 episode of Fairly Legal: [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]The A-plot went in a direction very similar to what we saw on Ringer with Mr. Carpenter. When it went towards that direction, I just knew that had to be the case. [/SPOILER]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users