Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

TCFHE Press Release: The Liam Neeson Film Collection

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,605 posts

Posted September 13 2011 - 09:48 AM

CAPTURE YOUR FAVORITE LIAM NEESON MOMENTS
WITH A ONE-OF-A-KIND COLLECTOR’S SET

A Holiday Must-Have, THE LIAM NEESON FILM COLLECTION
Arrives as a 10-Disc DVD Set November 1st

Los Angeles, CA (Sept. 13, 2011) – Get ready for action, adventure, suspense and great performances when THE LIAM NEESON FILM COLLECTION comes to DVD November 1 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. This is the first time a collection of this kind has been released for the star across all major studios making it a prime gift for the holidays!

Spanning 25 years of popular films starring the Academy Award® nominated actor,* THE LIAM NEESON FILM COLLECTION is the ultimate DVD set for any Neeson fan. Titles include: The Bounty, A Prayer for the Dying, High Spirits, Shining Through, Nell, Rob Roy, Kinsey, Kingdom of Heaven and Taken.

THE LIAM NEESON FILM COLLECTION contains 10 discs of Neeson’s most enthralling work including a bonus disc of special feature content for the masterpiece Kingdom of Heaven. Watch Neeson in roles as varied a small town doctor in Nell to a former CIA agent on a mission to save his only daughter in Taken. The collection also features excellent performances by Mel Gibson, Anthony Hopkins, Mickey Rourke, Michael Douglas, Jodie Foster, Jessica Lange, Tim Roth, Orlando Bloom, and Peter O’Toole.

About Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC (TCFHE) is a recognized global industry leader and a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company. Representing 75 years of innovative and award-winning filmmaking from Twentieth Century Fox, TCFHE is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming, acquisitions and original productions on DVD, Blu-ray Disc Digital Copy, Video On Demand and Digital Download. The company also releases all products globally for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce throughout the world.

*”Best Actor,” Schindler’s List, 1993

The Liam Neeson Film Collection(Catalog # 2276165 U.S. / # 2276166 Canada)
Street Date: November 1, 2011
Pre-book Date: October 5, 2011
Screen Format: Widescreen
Audio: English: 5.1 Dolby Surround / French: Dolby Surround / Spanish: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English & Spanish
U.S. Rating: NR
Closed Captioned: Yes

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 11 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,466 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted September 13 2011 - 10:59 AM

Certainly not trying to down grade the talents of Mr. Neeson, we get a great collection of 10 of his films from Fox, but can't get the remaining Tyrone Power, Betty Grable or Alice Faye titles.  If only the Golden Age of DVD lasted a couple years longer.  Sigh.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#3 of 11 Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,086 posts

Posted September 13 2011 - 11:50 AM

Lame, I say. Are any of these debuts? This is what the catalog market has come down to on DVd at the studio level, rehashes and repackagings...

#4 of 11 classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,299 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 13 2011 - 12:37 PM

Pretty much, yeah. The studios' combined logic seems to be - "Hey, let's put our existing films into fancy new box set collections! People will buy them!". Evidently people must, otherwise they'd stop re-releasing the same films over and over.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#5 of 11 mdnitoil

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted September 13 2011 - 01:09 PM

Well, I'm not exactly overwhelmed by this collection, however if Rob Roy is remastered, I might give it some thought.

#6 of 11 Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,086 posts

Posted September 13 2011 - 02:53 PM

"... if Rob Roy is remastered, I might give it some thought." As if...:)

#7 of 11 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,466 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted September 13 2011 - 03:25 PM

Seems like they are digging deep into the MGM vault for some of these titles.  I guess what I mean is that in both HIGH SPIRITS and THE BOUNTY, Mr. Neeson is far down the cast list, especially HIGH SPIRITS.  Can I take a guess that this is the complete work of Mr. Neeson for Fox and MGM?

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#8 of 11 classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,299 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 13 2011 - 04:24 PM

I'd hardly call "High Spirits" a Liam Neeson film. His role is definitely supporting.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#9 of 11 battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 646 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted September 15 2011 - 05:54 AM

No Schindler's List?

Not worth it, at all...

I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#10 of 11 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,466 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted September 15 2011 - 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by battlebeast 

No Schindler's List?

Not worth it, at all...

Well they gave you HIGH SPIRITS.  Posted Image  SCHINDLER is a Universal Picture and this just covers the MGM (Orion) and Fox years.  Yawn

This sure is a let down from the usual Fox end of year collections.  I remember Ford At Fox, Mel Brooks-Blu, Planet Of The Apes-Blu, and the great Murnau, Borzage and Fox sets.  Last year's Kazan set was some what a let down with all the re-issues.  za'ee  

#11 of 11 battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 646 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted September 17 2011 - 04:05 PM

IMHO, if you want to put out a person's ouvre in a nice set, you have to give ALL of their BEST works, and yes, releasing PREVIOUSLY UNAVAILABLE films is very nice. The ONLY films in the Neeson set that I see worthy of an ouvre set are Kinsey and Rob Roy.

I have the Murneau and Borzage at Fox set (I paid $200 for ONE FILM (Grumble)), and although they did a great job, I still don't like the ungodly packagaing they choose...

I have the Mel Brooks set on DVD, Was something different about it on Blu?

was The Twelve Chairs new to DVD when the set released?

I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users