Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE '88 !!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 448 posts

Posted September 12 2011 - 01:48 PM

I apologize if its been posted elsewhere but I just read that MI - the series from 1988 is being released in November!!! I liked this show just as much as the original!!! It had Jim Phelps (the real thing, not that phony movie Jim Phelps) and other ties to to the original series!!! Glad to get this in time for the holidays!!

#2 of 8 ONLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,766 posts

Posted September 12 2011 - 01:57 PM

I got the news as well. Never saw the 80s version, but plan to get it as I really liked Jim Phelps.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted September 12 2011 - 03:28 PM

Great news!  If you liked the original and Peter Graves in that role, you'll like this release.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts

Posted September 12 2011 - 10:58 PM

I have a friend who enjoys the eighties version rather than the original. He'll be ecsatic over the news. James

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,157 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted September 13 2011 - 03:42 AM

I always thought this had a 50-50 shot of being released, and am happy that they're going ahead with it.  I'd be a little more comfortable about it had this been an entire series release as I didn't get to see many of the second season shows.  As I recall it was on at a time when another favorite show aired (maybe two!) and taping the episodes was a messy proposition.

I liked the technological updates in this show with digital delivery of the Secretary's messages, was happy that they kept the theme and updated it nicely, and that Peter Graves was again leading the team.

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted January 11 2012 - 03:26 AM

Up for preorder at Amazon is the 89 tv season. Release date is February 28, 2012. I shall finally own every episode from both the CBS original series & the ABC reboot.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   kingfish

kingfish

Screenwriter

• 1,019 posts

Posted January 16 2012 - 02:20 AM

i never realized that jane badler was on the show. antony hamilton who replace jon erik hexum [hexum accidentally killed himself with a prop pistol] on cover-up was also in the reboot.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 448 posts

Posted January 17 2012 - 09:43 PM

I will be picking up both these seasons! M:I (the tv series, not those sucky Cruise movies) has long been a favorite. I really enjoyed this revival when it first aired and am looking forward to putting it up on the shelf alongside my sets of the original series!!