Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

The Goonies 25th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray $17.49 (50% off)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,333 posts

Posted September 11 2011 - 10:15 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,580 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted September 11 2011 - 11:36 AM

I suppose that's a bargain if you really need all that junk that comes with it, but personally I'd wait for the solitary disc version coming to Amazon on October 18 for only $9.99.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,333 posts

Posted September 12 2011 - 01:59 AM

Mark, I have to agree with you on this. I first looked at this set and thought, "Wow, what a great deal." However, I did not know that the standalone BD would be $10.  Going to order that. But I did think it was a great deal until I looked at the stuff that was included in this set.  Normally I hate the term, "Box-o-Junk," but I can see how that would easily apply to the description of this set.  It's quite horrendous what has been included.  A board game?!

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,971 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 12 2011 - 06:20 AM

But is it a GOOD board game??? (Asks the owner of well over 1000 board games. . .)
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted September 15 2011 - 01:43 PM

I picked this up at a going-out-of-business Borders. I've got no opinion on the board game, but I will say that the reprint of the official Goonies magazine is nice, and the cards that feature storyboards are cool and feature some information on deleted scenes.
= Derek Miner =
Co-founder, Sunscreen Film Festival

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,886 posts

Posted September 16 2011 - 03:49 AM

OR you guys coulda just imported the standard BD via Amazon UK a long while ago for not much more than the upcoming standard release price from Amazon US. _Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users