-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

DIY home theater screen. Can you actually paint a screen on a surface and get a decent picture?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1

• 0 posts

Posted September 11 2011 - 10:08 AM

As we were doing interviews at CEDIA 2011, we walked past Goo Systems booth and saw a demonstration of this rear projection setup where when the light was turned off, it turned to a mirror surface.

We started thinking about how many members ask about different types of screen materials or are looking for low cost methods of getting a large image displayed.  If alternative screen types are up your ally and you are the DIY type.  you might like to hear about this alternative method of putting up a screen for either front projection or rear projection.

While I didn't have my Minolta CS-200 with me at CEDIA to check for color accuracy of the Goo Systems paint, we were provided a showing comparing a leading brand screen material to theirs with a projected image.  It certainly wasn't immediately visible that there was a color difference from the reflect material on skin tones of people.

Watch the video and find out how affordable it can be to get a screen up for low cost.  I particularly liked the example that was given on the interview regarding an outdoor theater where the rear projection wall was put in place of a garage wall!