What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-13-2011 (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I preordered star wars at best buy. the site reads 79 bucks for star wars at best buy. they are probably going to pricematch. I also plan to get thor. Jacob

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the roundup, Mike. Gonna get Thor 3D combo at Target Tuesday (don't have a 3D setup but got enough $ for the 3D disc on ebay that the blu ray & dvd discs will be practically free). Nephew will have to pick up my Star Wars Complete Trilogy for me in Tampa Friday morning as that's my day & time for chemo. Gonna be several expensive months coming up. Glad for the Roundup help on my credit card.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Both Star Wars and Thor are on the radar when they drop. I'm expecting a good deal on at least one during the holidays. Nothing else is really jumping out at me right now.

Thanks Mike!

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Busy, expensive week! I have Citizen Kane (w/Ambersons), Spartacus & Star Wars on order; happy to see the prices on Star Wars and Spartacus have each dropped by $10 since I ordered. :dance: I will wait to pick up season 2 of Glee until the price hits the $25-or-less range and someday, when I'm impulse shopping, I may upgrade Trainspotting to blu, but there's no rush. Thanks for the round-up! :D

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Bill Thomann said:
Nephew will have to pick up my Star Wars Complete Trilogy for me in Tampa Friday morning as that's my day & time for chemo.
Bill--I'm sure all of us fellow readers at HTF join in praying for success in your treatment.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My review of 3 Women went up too late last night for you to link it, Mike. The review can be found here.

Thanks as always for the list. Glad to have you back!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up the Halloween II and Star Wars Blu-rays this week. I'll grab Supernatural when it goes on sale. Thanks for the prices, Mike :)
Bill Thomann said:
Nephew will have to pick up my Star Wars Complete Trilogy for me in Tampa Friday morning as that's my day & time for chemo.
Best of luck!

Tom Abbott

Auditioning
Just thought I'd mention that Archer :Season One is coming out on Blu-ray, It's an Amazon.com Exclusive available September 13th at $27.99. I'm not sure whether retailer exclusives releases are always posted,

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the well wishes & prayers. I'll also be having a very importan catscan. The first 6 2 drug chemos shrunk the tumors a LOT & this will show if #'s 7 & are maintaining the shrinkage with the single dose. BTW its Mesothelioma which I was diagnosed with in January (although they can't figure how I got it having no knowledge of ever being exposed to asbestos). I'm doing well though & my doctor is very happy which makes me happy.:)

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Thanks Mike. All prayers are cheerfully accepted & I'm sure are a good reason things are going as good as they are.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Thanks for the WRU Mike! Speaking of exclusives, Best Buy has some of the former Samsung Dreamworks 3D titles as exclusives starting today: How to Train Your Dragon, Monsters vs. Aliens, and Megamind. Bestbuy.com shows a "regular" price of $51.99 but has them on sale for $29.99. I ordered Megamind for in-store pick up and the price tag showed $34.99, so I'm not sure what the regular price will be. It was also a 3D Blu-ray/DVD set, so I am assuming the other two will be as well.

In addition to Megamind 3D I'm getting all six Star Wars films. Would love to get Spartacus, Citizen Kane and a few others, but will wait for sales.

Speaking of Star Wars, I'm looking to set up a viewing party for HTF members in the Seattle area this week. It can either be at my place, or I am working on getting access to a very nice Theo Kalomirakis designed theater with stadium seating that seats 15. If you are interested please visit this thread.

Originally Posted by Bill Thomann

Thanks Mike. All prayers are cheerfully accepted & I'm sure are a good reason things are going as good as they are.

I'll make sure I add you to the list Bill. Hope the appt goes well.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Probably nothing immediate for me from this week's releases. Will probably pick up some of them as they inevitably drop substantially in prices, especially since my plate is pretty full now.

Thanks for another WRU, Mike -- and welcome back(!) even though it was just one week... [/url]

Thanks Mike. All prayers are cheerfully accepted & I'm sure are a good reason things are going as good as they are.[/quote]
I'll make sure I add you to the list Bill. Hope the appt goes well.

Ditto that one for me as well. Hope you're able to get well and stay well long term, Bill...

Peace and blessings...

_Man_

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What is the word on these That '70s Shows releases? Are they really uncut, with all songs? The Mill Creek page only makes mention of the cheaper price. I was really into T7S about a year ago, not currently that psyched, but I could probably get back into with an upgraded release. Hope things go very well for you, Bill.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

What is the word on these That '70s Shows releases? Are they really uncut, with all songs? The Mill Creek page only makes mention of the cheaper price. I was really into T7S about a year ago, not currently that psyched, but I could probably get back into with an upgraded release.

Hope things go very well for you, Bill.

I think they are the same as the previous release just repacked and price reduced. It would probably be to expensive to have to re-edit them with new music and still hit that price point. Mill Creek typically just presses what they are given from the studio they licensed it from.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

I think they are the same as the previous release just repacked and price reduced. It would probably be to expensive to have to re-edit them with new music and still hit that price point. Mill Creek typically just presses what they are given from the studio they licensed it from.

Well, if that's true...I'm feeling "used." The release lists I checked lumped the 3rd Rock, Roseanne and '70s Show releases together making it sound like they were "do-overs." The issues with the initial releases of those shows, I did not follow closely.

I hate putting re-tread stuff in the WRU (especially edited re-tread material).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks