Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 9-13-2011

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#1 of 60 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,812 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 10 2011 - 03:55 PM

). [/quote]

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2 of 60 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted September 10 2011 - 04:03 PM

Citizen Kane already pre-ordered and getting Star Wars (all 6) at Target (probably.)

#3 of 60 OFFLINE   TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,033 posts

Posted September 10 2011 - 04:25 PM

I preordered star wars at best buy. the site reads 79 bucks for star wars at best buy. they are probably going to pricematch. I also plan to get thor. Jacob

#4 of 60 OFFLINE   Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted September 10 2011 - 04:33 PM

Thanks for the roundup, Mike. Gonna get Thor 3D combo at Target Tuesday (don't have a 3D setup but got enough $ for the 3D disc on ebay that the blu ray & dvd discs will be practically free). Nephew will have to pick up my Star Wars Complete Trilogy for me in Tampa Friday morning as that's my day & time for chemo. Gonna be several expensive months coming up. Glad for the Roundup help on my credit card.

#5 of 60 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,916 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted September 10 2011 - 04:48 PM

Both Star Wars and Thor are on the radar when they drop.  I'm expecting a good deal on at least one during the holidays.  Nothing else is really jumping out at me right now. Thanks Mike!

#6 of 60 OFFLINE   SD_Brian

SD_Brian

Supporting Actor

• 589 posts

Posted September 10 2011 - 06:18 PM

Busy, expensive week! I have Citizen Kane (w/Ambersons), Spartacus & Star Wars on order; happy to see the prices on Star Wars and Spartacus have each dropped by $10 since I ordered. :dance: I will wait to pick up season 2 of Glee until the price hits the $25-or-less range and someday, when I'm impulse shopping, I may upgrade Trainspotting to blu, but there's no rush. Thanks for the round-up! :D

#7 of 60 OFFLINE   Peter McM

Peter McM

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted September 10 2011 - 08:11 PM

Nephew will have to pick up my Star Wars Complete Trilogy for me in Tampa Friday morning as that's my day & time for chemo.

Bill--I'm sure all of us fellow readers at HTF join in praying for success in your treatment.
I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

#8 of 60 OFFLINE   terry deto

terry deto

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts
  • LocationJackson,MI

Posted September 11 2011 - 12:42 AM

Star Wars....NNNoooooooooooooooooooo!!! not buying it.

#9 of 60 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,017 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted September 11 2011 - 12:57 AM

My review of 3 Women went up too late last night for you to link it, Mike. The review can be found here.

Thanks as always for the list. Glad to have you back!

#10 of 60 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,659 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 11 2011 - 01:04 AM

I'll be picking up the Halloween II and Star Wars Blu-rays this week. I'll grab Supernatural when it goes on sale. Thanks for the prices, Mike :)

Nephew will have to pick up my Star Wars Complete Trilogy for me in Tampa Friday morning as that's my day & time for chemo.

Best of luck!

#11 of 60 OFFLINE   Tom Abbott

Tom Abbott

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted September 11 2011 - 03:19 AM

Just thought I'd mention that Archer :Season One is coming out on Blu-ray, It's an Amazon.com Exclusive available September 13th at $27.99. I'm not sure whether retailer exclusives releases are always posted,

#12 of 60 OFFLINE   Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted September 11 2011 - 03:23 AM

Thanks for the well wishes & prayers. I'll also be having a very importan catscan. The first 6 2 drug chemos shrunk the tumors a LOT & this will show if #'s 7 & are maintaining the shrinkage with the single dose. BTW its Mesothelioma which I was diagnosed with in January (although they can't figure how I got it having no knowledge of ever being exposed to asbestos). I'm doing well though & my doctor is very happy which makes me happy.:)

#13 of 60 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,812 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 11 2011 - 07:21 AM

[quote]Originally Posted by MattH. [url=/t/314689/weekly-roundup-9-13-2011#post_3849347]

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#14 of 60 OFFLINE   Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted September 11 2011 - 12:33 PM

Thanks Mike. All prayers are cheerfully accepted & I'm sure are a good reason things are going as good as they are.

#15 of 60 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,965 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted September 11 2011 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for the WRU Mike!  Speaking of exclusives, Best Buy has some of the former Samsung Dreamworks 3D titles as exclusives starting today: How to Train Your Dragon, Monsters vs. Aliens, and Megamind.  Bestbuy.com shows a "regular" price of $51.99 but has them on sale for $29.99.  I ordered Megamind for in-store pick up and the price tag showed $34.99, so I'm not sure what the regular price will be.  It was also a 3D Blu-ray/DVD set, so I am assuming the other two will be as well.

In addition to Megamind 3D I'm getting all six Star Wars films.  Would love to get Spartacus, Citizen Kane and a few others, but will wait for sales.

Speaking of Star Wars, I'm looking to set up a viewing party for HTF members in the Seattle area this week.  It can either be at my place, or I am working on getting access to a very nice Theo Kalomirakis designed theater with stadium seating that seats 15.  If you are interested please visit this thread.

Originally Posted by Bill Thomann 

Thanks Mike. All prayers are cheerfully accepted & I'm sure are a good reason things are going as good as they are.

I'll make sure I add you to the list Bill.  Hope the appt goes well.

#16 of 60 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,875 posts

Posted September 11 2011 - 05:57 PM

Probably nothing immediate for me from this week's releases.  Will probably pick up some of them as they inevitably drop substantially in prices, especially since my plate is pretty full now. Thanks for another WRU, Mike -- and welcome back(!) even though it was just one week... [/url] Thanks Mike. All prayers are cheerfully accepted & I'm sure are a good reason things are going as good as they are.[/quote] I'll make sure I add you to the list Bill.  Hope the appt goes well.
Ditto that one for me as well.  Hope you're able to get well and stay well long term, Bill... Peace and blessings... _Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#17 of 60 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,981 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 11 2011 - 06:08 PM

What is the word on these That '70s Shows releases? Are they really uncut, with all songs? The Mill Creek page only makes mention of the cheaper price. I was really into T7S about a year ago, not currently that psyched, but I could probably get back into with an upgraded release. Hope things go very well for you, Bill.

#18 of 60 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,965 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted September 11 2011 - 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Greg_S_H 

What is the word on these That '70s Shows releases? Are they really uncut, with all songs? The Mill Creek page only makes mention of the cheaper price. I was really into T7S about a year ago, not currently that psyched, but I could probably get back into with an upgraded release.

Hope things go very well for you, Bill.

I think they are the same as the previous release just repacked and price reduced.  It would probably be to expensive to have to re-edit them with new music and still hit that price point.  Mill Creek typically just presses what they are given from the studio they licensed it from.

#19 of 60 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,812 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 12 2011 - 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich 

I think they are the same as the previous release just repacked and price reduced.  It would probably be to expensive to have to re-edit them with new music and still hit that price point.  Mill Creek typically just presses what they are given from the studio they licensed it from.

Well, if that's true...I'm feeling "used."  The release lists I checked lumped the 3rd Rock, Roseanne and '70s Show releases together making it sound like they were "do-overs."    The issues with the initial releases of those shows, I did not follow closely.

I hate putting re-tread stuff in the WRU (especially edited re-tread material).

#20 of 60 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,769 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 12 2011 - 06:54 AM

Best of luck to you, Bill! On a related note, rough week to release Spartacus. :(
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

Forum Nav Content I Follow