-

Photo
- - - - -

The Apartment (1960) Blu-ray for preorder on Amazon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,561 posts

Posted September 09 2011 - 10:27 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

The studio has issued no press release for this title
but it has been added to Amazon for preorder

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 19 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,496 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 09 2011 - 12:57 PM

Another The Caine Mutiny situation????  Anyhow, I added to the Blu-ray Preorder Listing as an Amazon Exclusive for now.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#3 of 19 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 09 2011 - 02:01 PM

It only shows the message "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" when I select the link. Did Amazon remove this from pre-order already?

#4 of 19 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,496 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 09 2011 - 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Scott Merryfield 

It only shows the message "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" when I select the link. Did Amazon remove this from pre-order already?

Scott,

The link here has a September 13th release date.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

#5 of 19 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 09 2011 - 11:19 PM

Scott,

The link here has a September 13th release date.

Crawdaddy

Thanks, Robert. That link works.

#6 of 19 dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,862 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted September 10 2011 - 01:05 AM

thanks for the link, I didn’t see this coming this soon; man is it been some kind of great year for surprises releases just popping up from MGM/Fox they have really gotten into the catalog titles via MGM this year. Most have gone the exclusive route for a few months but damn, at this point I wish they could keep this and their license agreements going with criterion and some of the other independents’ going because we are getting some seriously great titles this year.  

Hopefully this will lead to some more be it at Amazon or bb or Wal-Mart, like the Corman-Price-Poe films, they have really been getting into the UA titles, makes me hope that soon we will get into the AIP films or the Hammer titles that they own. 

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#7 of 19 JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,555 posts

Posted September 10 2011 - 02:57 AM

Another The Caine Mutiny situation????  Anyhow, I added to the Blu-ray Preorder Listing as an Amazon Exclusive for now.

Crawdaddy

Sorta, though more like the Memorial Day MGM/Fox Besy Buy Exclusive they did with Midnight Cowboy and Taking Peltham 123, which was announced practically the day before. The Caine Mutiny at least was available for pre-order with a listing price since May or April. Thanks for the link, couldn't pass this up especially at such a reasonable price.

#8 of 19 GMpasqua

GMpasqua

Screenwriter

• 1,429 posts

Posted September 10 2011 - 03:57 AM

many of the best catalog releases this year were surprises with little to no advance word.  Others were barely announced unlike "Star Wars" which had about a year of teasing before going up on pre-order 9 months before street date.

"It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World"

"When Harry Met Sally"

"City Slickers"

"Legally Blonde"

"A Fish Called Wanda"

"Midnight Cowboy"

"The Firm"

"Maverick"

"Scrooge"

"Little Big Man"

"Once Upon a Time in the West"

"My Fair Lady"

all suck up without a hint they were coming

Expect for Disney, Universal and Fox's Star Wars sets most catalog since June has been released without much advance notice, Over at the Digital Bits the Rumor Mill hasn't been updated in quite a while

#9 of 19 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,496 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 10 2011 - 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by JoHud 

Sorta, though more like the Memorial Day MGM/Fox Besy Buy Exclusive they did with Midnight Cowboy and Taking Peltham 123, which was announced practically the day before. The Caine Mutiny at least was available for pre-order with a listing price since May or April.

Thanks for the link, couldn't pass this up especially at such a reasonable price.

Yet, The Caine Mutiny didn't get a release date of September 6th until August 27th so I see more similarities than you do.

Crawdaddy

#10 of 19 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted September 10 2011 - 08:08 AM

Figures...just picked this up on dvd...D'oh! I also bought Annie Hall....hopefully that one is next!

#11 of 19 GMpasqua

GMpasqua

Screenwriter

• 1,429 posts

Posted September 10 2011 - 10:07 AM

Eric,

Can you also buy "The Great Escape"

Thank you Posted Image

#12 of 19 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,496 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 10 2011 - 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by GMpasqua 

Eric,

Can you also buy "The Great Escape"

Thank you Posted Image

That's the one I'm waiting on as it's been a favorite of mine since watching it in a movie theater in my youth.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

#13 of 19 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted September 10 2011 - 10:45 AM

Lol@Greg....

#14 of 19 Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted September 10 2011 - 07:16 PM

Amazing if this turns out to be true. One of my absolute tip top, most wanted on Bd titles. Hopefully this is is up to MGMs general standards- which I consider to be very high. As usual, while it would have been great to see Criterion get a hold of this, I just don't need the bonus features. Just give me an upgrade in the a/v and as close to a natural film-like appearance as possible and I will be over the moon to have this- especially in time for the holidays which is when I usually pull it out to watch, and for under $15.

#15 of 19 Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,242 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted September 11 2011 - 11:42 AM

Gosh I love surprises like this. It happened so fast that it is supposed to street in 2 days and they don't even have cover art for it yet.

#16 of 19 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,167 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 11 2011 - 03:05 PM

I notice that release schedule has Lake Placid 2 coming out on blu. Where the heck is Lake Placid?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#17 of 19 JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,555 posts

Posted September 12 2011 - 02:30 AM

Hmm, looks like there are some technical difficulties with this release. It's now listed as "unavailable", though the release date has not changed. My order is also not showing an indication of shipping soon. I'm not holding out much confidence that it will be released on Sept 13 at this point. Edit: So far, it has an estimated delivery of September 15

#18 of 19 gomezfan69

gomezfan69

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted September 13 2011 - 12:03 PM

I ordered this along with Manhunter from Amazon to save on shipping. It seems they have sent Manhunter but not The Apartment. They have also removed the release date from the product page. Looks like somebody screwed up.

#19 of 19 classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 13 2011 - 12:42 PM

Might have been announced too early, or Amazon was accidentally given the wrong release date. It did seem a little rushed to begin with...surely if "The Apartment" was coming to Blu there'd be more than two weeks before people found out.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/