What's new

The Apartment (1960) Blu-ray for preorder on Amazon (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

The studio has issued no press release for this title
but it has been added to Amazon for preorder

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Another The Caine Mutiny situation???? Anyhow, I added to the Blu-ray Preorder Listing as an Amazon Exclusive for now.

Crawdaddy

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It only shows the message "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" when I select the link. Did Amazon remove this from pre-order already?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Scott Merryfield

It only shows the message "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" when I select the link. Did Amazon remove this from pre-order already?

Scott,

The link [url=http://www.hometheaterforum.com/wiki/blu-ray-preorder-release-schedule]here has a September 13th release date.

Crawdaddy

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
[COLOR= black]thanks for the link, I didn’t see this coming this soon; man is it been some kind of great year for surprises releases just popping up from MGM/Fox they have really gotten into the catalog titles via MGM this year. Most have gone the exclusive route for a few months but damn, at this point I wish they could keep this and their license agreements going with criterion and some of the other independents’ going because we are getting some seriously great titles this year. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]Hopefully this will lead to some more be it at Amazon or bb or Wal-Mart, like the Corman-Price-Poe films, they have really been getting into the UA titles, makes me hope that soon we will get into the AIP films or the Hammer titles that they own. [/COLOR]

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Robert Crawford said:
Another The Caine Mutiny situation???? Anyhow, I added to the Blu-ray Preorder Listing as an Amazon Exclusive for now.

Crawdaddy
Sorta, though more like the Memorial Day MGM/Fox Besy Buy Exclusive they did with Midnight Cowboy and Taking Peltham 123, which was announced practically the day before. The Caine Mutiny at least was available for pre-order with a listing price since May or April. Thanks for the link, couldn't pass this up especially at such a reasonable price.

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
many of the best catalog releases this year were surprises with little to no advance word. Others were barely announced unlike "Star Wars" which had about a year of teasing before going up on pre-order 9 months before street date.

"It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World"

"When Harry Met Sally"

"City Slickers"

"Legally Blonde"

"A Fish Called Wanda"

"Midnight Cowboy"

"The Firm"

"Maverick"

"Scrooge"

"Little Big Man"

"Once Upon a Time in the West"

"My Fair Lady"

all suck up without a hint they were coming

Expect for Disney, Universal and Fox's Star Wars sets most catalog since June has been released without much advance notice, Over at the Digital Bits the Rumor Mill hasn't been updated in quite a while

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by JoHud

Sorta, though more like the Memorial Day MGM/Fox Besy Buy Exclusive they did with Midnight Cowboy and Taking Peltham 123, which was announced practically the day before. The Caine Mutiny at least was available for pre-order with a listing price since May or April.

Thanks for the link, couldn't pass this up especially at such a reasonable price.

Yet, The Caine Mutiny didn't get a release date of September 6th until August 27th so I see more similarities than you do.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Amazing if this turns out to be true. One of my absolute tip top, most wanted on Bd titles. Hopefully this is is up to MGMs general standards- which I consider to be very high. As usual, while it would have been great to see Criterion get a hold of this, I just don't need the bonus features. Just give me an upgrade in the a/v and as close to a natural film-like appearance as possible and I will be over the moon to have this- especially in time for the holidays which is when I usually pull it out to watch, and for under $15.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Gosh I love surprises like this. It happened so fast that it is supposed to street in 2 days and they don't even have cover art for it yet.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I notice that release schedule has Lake Placid 2 coming out on blu. Where the heck is Lake Placid?

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Hmm, looks like there are some technical difficulties with this release. It's now listed as "unavailable", though the release date has not changed. My order is also not showing an indication of shipping soon. I'm not holding out much confidence that it will be released on Sept 13 at this point. Edit: So far, it has an estimated delivery of September 15

gomezfan69

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jason stocker
I ordered this along with Manhunter from Amazon to save on shipping. It seems they have sent Manhunter but not The Apartment. They have also removed the release date from the product page. Looks like somebody screwed up.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Might have been announced too early, or Amazon was accidentally given the wrong release date. It did seem a little rushed to begin with...surely if "The Apartment" was coming to Blu there'd be more than two weeks before people found out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks