What's new

Upcoming Timeless Releases (2 Viewers)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I've just been informed that we can look forward to the following releases from Timeless in October. Some we already knew about but some might be news for some folks here:

Tales of Wells Fargo Seasons 1 & 2
Wagon Train Season 4
The Virginian Season 5
Men from Shiloh

All have a street date of October 25th.

Gary "Timeless continues to deliver vintage westerns" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I'm in for some of those.
Just to tie in something else of interest for Timeless fans. I checked out the current DeepDoscount TV sale and there are quite of few Timeless titles at prices lower then when normally on sale (I know Sam's has had some on sale lately as well). You have to go through the entire list (750+ TV titles) to see them all, but I believe I saw at least 20+ titles with many around the $10 to $12 price. Some were titles that have been hanging around for quite some time, but some others are from the last year or two (e.g., Gene Autry, Staccato, Coronado 9, State Trooper). These would have been good enough to entice me to make an order if I didn't already own all the one's of interest.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I do wish though that Timeless would lose the tight cardboard sleeved insert in the curved tin container for "Wagon Train". I know people like consistency across seasons but a bad idea is a bad idea. I have yet to get a season without some disks scuffed up. The consistency I have is replacing each season with three standard 4 disk DVD cases and new artwork. At least with "Virginian" they hold a standard DVD case within the tin.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
Timeless Media Group is the DVD company that show real interest in the vintage TV series of the 50's and 60's. Their main product's genre is the Western but they've released many other great products beside the Western genre.
What I'd like to see from Timeless is more Crime/Drama, Adventure and Comedy TV shows like the ones they previously released.
For the Crime/Drama genre they released:
Johnny Staccato, M-Squad, Coronado 9, Lawless Years, Brenner, State Trooper, etc...
Some titles that might be interesting include:
Dante (w/ Howard Duff), Mr. Lucky (w John Vivyan), Richard Diamond (w David Janssen), China Smith (w/ Dan Duryea), Johnny Midnight (w/ Edmond O'Brien), New Adventures of Charlie Chan (w/ J. Carrol Naish), Boston Blackie (w/ Kent Taylor), Colonel March of Scotland Yard (w/ Boris Karloff), The Thin Man (w/ Peter Lawford), Shannon (w/ George Nader)
For the Adventure genre they released:
Adventures of Robin Hood, Adventures of Sir Lancelot, The Buccaneers, William Tell, Soldiers of Fortune, etc...
Ivanhoe (w/ Roger Moore), Richard the Lionheart (w/ Dermot Walsh), Captain Midnight (w/ Richard Webb)
For the Comedy genre they released:
The Mickey Rooney Show, numerous Red Skelton, etc...
It's About Time (w Joe E. Ross), My Mother the Car (w/ Jerry Van Dyke), No Time for Sergeants (w/ Sammy Jackson), Dusty's Trail (w Bob Denver)
Also many TV series were released by Timeless as 2 Disc set but it would be great to have these titles in complete seasons releases:
Captain Gallant of the Foreign Legion, Decoy, Gang Busters, Hawkeye and the Last of the Mohicans, Lock Up, Passport to Danger, Racket Squad, Rocky Jones Space Ranger, The Third Man.
Well, I guess I can dream a little

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
maskedmala said:
Also many TV series were released by Timeless as 2 Disc set but it would be great to have these titles in complete seasons releases:
Captain Gallant of the Foreign Legion, Decoy, Gang Busters, Hawkeye and the Last of the Mohicans, Lock Up, Passport to Danger, Racket Squad, Rocky Jones Space Ranger, The Third Man.
Well, I guess I can dream a little
I just finished watching "Decoy" last week and I'm half way through "The Third Man" now. I wouldn't mind seeing more of these but I'm guessing they probably had a hard time finding quality prints. Another one I'd like to see more of is the "Restless Gun". Interestingly, I listened to an old radio show a while back called "Six Shooter" with James Stewart. It turns out it was the bases for the "Restless Gun".

dale3

Grip
Real Name
Don
I just finished watching Wagon Train season3. Great stories and guest stars. Picture quality is good also. Looking forward to the October releases if Sam's has them at a good price.
Is Destry a good tv western and how is the picture quality?
Saw the sale at Deepdiscount. Are these good tv westerns and how is picture quality? I am thinking about getting the following:
Oregon Trail
26 Men
Sergeant Preston season 2-not a timeless media release
Just when I think I'm out they pull me back in.:)

Qrusher14242

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel Dressel
awesome cant wait for all of those. I have some Tales of Wells Fargo in ok quality, but would be good to have a better looking one

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
BTW, kinda going off topic just a tad, but if anyone sees a Christmas episode in any season set release of The Virginian please let me know. I've yet to find one, but I've also not watched nearly all the episodes. I know the 2nd Season of Tales of Wells Fargo has a nice one ("Laredo"), but I've already got that one so it's not a pressing need. I'd love to see Timeless come out with the 2nd season of Laramie. I desperately need to upgrade my poor copy of that season's Christmas episode. So I hope that release is coming before the end of the year. I don't think Destry had one, as it was a mid-season replacement and didn't air during December initially. So that's out. And I'm pretty sure S4 of Wagon Train didn't have one either (although we got a great one in S3). Anyhow, those are just some ramblings from an old Christmas show nut.

Gary "loving what Timeless is doing with all these releases" O.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Thanks for the update, Gary! I don't have unqualified love for Timeless, but it's pretty close these days. So many shows I've gotten to see for the first time and in relatively decent quality that is almost always at least watchable. I've been sampling SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE and CORONADO 9 of late and have found them very entertaining, certainly on par with their contemporary ZIV shows, which for me sets the standard high as I am a huge ZIV fan. Would love to see them raid more of the REVUE library.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I am delighted that Timeless are releasing all these old Western series. However I wonder if one day they might release the rest of the Third Man TV series. I enjoyed the 10 episodes that were released so far. I believe that prints are out there somewhere and it would be good to see as much of the series as possible.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
My crystal ball brings even more good news. I'm seeing something about cowboys, rodeos, and some absolutely gorgeous scenery from a highway overlooking some majestic mountains in the intro. I also see a future gunslinger who patches people up instead of shooting them down.

Gary "I'm really excited about these two upcoming releases" O.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for all of the "predictions" ( ) in these threads, Gary! Much appreciated.

Is it realistic to hope that Timeless might start putting out the Roy Rogers show in season sets? The series is currently airing on RFD-TV in pretty decent prints so there are some good masters out there to be used if they can access them.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve...O /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases#post_3851456
Thanks for all of the "predictions" ( ) in these threads, Gary! Much appreciated.

Is it realistic to hope that Timeless might start putting out the Roy Rogers show in season sets? The series is currently airing on RFD-TV in pretty decent prints so there are some good masters out there to be used if they can access them.
Glad to help fellow fans with good news, Steve. I'm just sharing what the crystal ball tells me. :)

As for Roy Rogers and Timeless, I haven't heard a thing. It certainly makes sense though.

Gary "at this point Timeless may have supplanted Shout, for me personally, when it comes to releasing vintage TV on DVD in 2011" O.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Gary OS said:
My crystal ball brings even more good news. I'm seeing something about cowboys, rodeos, and some absolutely gorgeous scenery from a highway overlooking some majestic mountains in the intro. I also see a future gunslinger who patches people up instead of shooting them down.

Gary "I'm really excited about these two upcoming releases" O.
The first one is "Wild Country". :) No surprise, that's been on their radar for some time now.
Is the second one "Frontier Doctor"?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeWilson /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases#post_3851467
The first one is "Wild Country". No surprise, that's been on their radar for some time now.
Is the second one "Frontier Doctor"?
Technically the answer is "no" to both your guesses, but only the second guess is really wrong. The first one is "Wide Country." But I didn't know it had been on their radar for a long time. It had been on my personal radar for a long time though, so I'm very excited about it. Good and logical guess on the second one. Perhaps I didn't word the hint well enough. I meant to say that the lead actor would play a gunslinger in a future series, but in the release that's coming soon he plays a doctor.

Gary "hope we get good prints for both series - I'm guessing we will" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Gary OS said:
     I meant to say that the lead actor would play a gunslinger in a future series, but in the release that's coming soon he plays a doctor. 
"MEDIC!"

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack P /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases#post_3851473
"MEDIC!"
Bingo!

Gary "hope we see the Christmas episode from this series in the upcoming set - it's alluded me for a long time" O.

mustang

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
patrick
They Told Me Season 2 Of Laramie Is Coming But No Date, Cant Wait For This One. Hopefully They Press On With Tales Of Wells Fargo, Season 3 And 4 And Would Love To See City Heat As Well.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Gary, does your crystal ball show any further releases of a certain gangster show, that tried real hard to be an "Untouchable"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks