247 replies to this topic

#241 of 248 maskedmala

maskedmala

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted May 31 2013 - 02:48 PM

"... The western well is still pretty deep"
So is the Crime/Drama with titles like: Philip Marlowe (w/Philip Carey), Dante (w/ Howard Duff), Richard Diamond (w/ David Janssen), China Smith (w/ Dan Duryea), Johnny Midnight (w/ Edmond O'Brien), New Adventures of Charlie Chan (w/ J. Carrol Naish), Boston Blackie (w/ Kent Taylor), Colonel March of Scotland Yard (w/ Boris Karloff), The Thin Man (w/ Peter Lawford), Shannon (w/ George Nader), I Led Three Lives (w/ Richard Carlson), Follow that man (w/Ralph Bellamy), Craig Kennedy, Criminologist (w/Donald Woods), City Detective (w/Rod Cameron), Tightrope! (w/Mike Connors) and the list goes on and on

#242 of 248 Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted May 31 2013 - 04:16 PM

There is a whole list of westerns Timeless have tried to licence without success. I don't understand what the licence holders think they have to gain by refusing , more money I suppose but that is unlikely to happen.  

Mackenzies Raiders is good stuff & was indeed a ZIV production.

I would also like to see 'Black Saddle' & some of the California National Productions 'The Californians' , 'Boots & Saddles' etc. The western well is still pretty deep.

Just outta curiosity, which ones are you speaking of?

#243 of 248 Silverking

Silverking

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted June 01 2013 - 02:23 AM

Good list

"... The western well is still pretty deep"
So is the Crime/Drama with titles like: Philip Marlowe (w/Philip Carey), Dante (w/ Howard Duff), Richard Diamond (w/ David Janssen), China Smith (w/ Dan Duryea), Johnny Midnight (w/ Edmond O'Brien), New Adventures of Charlie Chan (w/ J. Carrol Naish), Boston Blackie (w/ Kent Taylor), Colonel March of Scotland Yard (w/ Boris Karloff), The Thin Man (w/ Peter Lawford), Shannon (w/ George Nader), I Led Three Lives (w/ Richard Carlson), Follow that man (w/Ralph Bellamy), Craig Kennedy, Criminologist (w/Donald Woods), City Detective (w/Rod Cameron), Tightrope! (w/Mike Connors) and the list goes on and on

Good list, I would be in for nearly all of them.

There were a few UK series to add, I don't know if they all played in the US, 

Dial 999 (Robert Beatty), New Adventures of Martin Kane (the filmed series with William Gargan returning to the role),both ZIV productions. The Pursuers (Louis Hayward) , The Cheaters (John Ireland),Mark Saber/Saber of London (Donald Gray) Fabian of the Yard (Bruce Seton- Patrol Car in the US)..

Finally to make my life complete two non crime shows - O.S.S. (Ron Randall) Cannonball (Paul Birch/William Campbell).

• Gary OS likes this

#244 of 248 Richard V

Richard V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted June 01 2013 - 06:42 AM

There is a whole list of westerns Timeless have tried to licence without success. I don't understand what the licence holders think they have to gain by refusing , more money I suppose but that is unlikely to happen.  

Mackenzies Raiders is good stuff & was indeed a ZIV production.

I would also like to see 'Black Saddle' & some of the California National Productions 'The Californians' , 'Boots & Saddles' etc. The western well is still pretty deep.

Would really love to see The Californians.   Great show, with great theme song.

• Gary OS likes this
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#245 of 248 LouA

LouA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted June 03 2013 - 06:34 PM

Count me in on the Californians , and how about Hotel DeParee?

#246 of 248 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted June 03 2013 - 10:23 PM

Controlled by SFM Entertainment. Two problems there. One is that they overcharge for licensing their shows so when companies do make a deal with them they usually lose their shirts. Two is they have a bad relationship with Timeless.

• oldtvshowbuff likes this

#247 of 248 oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted June 05 2013 - 08:12 PM

Count me in on the Californians , and how about Hotel DeParee?

Hotel DeParee is a CBS property, because I've seen a couple of episodes on a bootleg tape, which my brother eventually transferred to DVD-R, so I've seen them again. Don't think the network has all those episodes of that series transferred to videotape for it only ran one season in 1959-60.

#248 of 248 LouA

LouA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted June 10 2013 - 05:54 PM

Timeless just announced Harbor Command as a5 disc set to be released this year. (TVshowsondvd)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users