Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Upcoming Timeless Releases

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#221 of 248 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,576 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted April 25 2012 - 10:42 AM

If it is the ZIV library, which it's beginning to sound like, that would be a dream come true for me.

#222 of 248 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,585 posts

Posted April 25 2012 - 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Willis 
Thanks for the info on the Timeless scene, Gary. I agree, it's been great to see these releases continuing. Without Timeless, I'd not have been able to add some good Posted Image to the collection.
Jeff "Timeless viewing on 'hold' due to temporary change in viewing priorities" Posted Image

Thanks, Jeff.  No doubt Timeless has been doing a great job, especially with the older westerns.  LOL on the animated gifs.

Originally Posted by Professor Echo 

If it is the ZIV library, which it's beginning to sound like, that would be a dream come true for me.

You and me both, Glen!

Originally Posted by DeWilson 

...and we know things can change in an instance either way Posted Image

It really can.  There have been sets that were all but ready to be released and pulled at the last second due to different extenuating factors.  The fact is that I don't ever count my dvd chickens before they are in my hands.

Gary "keep 'em coming, Timeless - keep 'em coming!" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#223 of 248 OFFLINE   oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff

Second Unit

• 381 posts

Posted May 08 2012 - 06:54 AM

Now how about a little unifinshed business about a gangster noir show, you know, "The Lawless Years". The first 27 episodes of seasons 1 & 2 were released by TMG back in 2005, but the final season of 20 episodes from 1961 haven't been released yet. I know the late Allen H. Miner directed many of those 47 eps and that he and his family ended up with ownership of the series, but could the Timeless people could get back with the Miner estate for those 'losr' 20 episodes, so they could release that set, or even the complete series. Now that one would make more sense!

#224 of 248 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted October 19 2012 - 03:52 AM

Now how about a little unifinshed business about a gangster noir show, you know, "The Lawless Years". The first 27 episodes of seasons 1 & 2 were released by TMG back in 2005, but the final season of 20 episodes from 1961 haven't been released yet. I know the late Allen H. Miner directed many of those 47 eps and that he and his family ended up with ownership of the series, but could the Timeless people could get back with the Miner estate for those 'losr' 20 episodes, so they could release that set, or even the complete series. Now that one would make more sense!

For whatever reason, the "complete" series release is missing 7 episodes. I knew many years ago that for some reason the 2-part Mad Dog Coll Story was missing amongst the tapes. However there are 5 other episodes which didn't air on NBC which were also not included in the set: The Goering Story, The Jan Kawolik Story, The Kitty O'Toole Story, The Chile Medroso Story and The Jack Russell Story.

#225 of 248 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted May 01 2013 - 07:01 AM

My crystal ball is lighting up again. I see a loner who has just fought in a war and now wanders the country battling injustice. Timeless does it again!

#226 of 248 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,479 posts

Posted May 01 2013 - 07:10 AM

Well that would have to be the ZIV show MacKenzie's Raiders which I have not seen but am very interested in.

Where do you guys get those Crystal Balls :)

Although on 2nd thought it sounds more like The Rebel. So Paramount actually licensed out a show.....hmmm

Edited by Randy Korstick, May 01 2013 - 07:17 AM.

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#227 of 248 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,585 posts

Posted May 01 2013 - 11:36 AM

Well that would have to be the ZIV show MacKenzie's Raiders which I have not seen but am very interested in.

Although on 2nd thought it sounds more like The Rebel. So Paramount actually licensed out a show.....hmmm

Your second guess is the correct one in this instance, although both shows are coming. 

Gary "Neil's crystal ball is slow if he just got that news" O. :P

• Jeff Willis likes this
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#228 of 248 OFFLINE   nortius

nortius

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted May 01 2013 - 01:14 PM

I sure hope we get Johnny Cash's "The Rebel" theme in the credits with the DVD release. ME-TV has been showing syndicated versions that only have an instrumental theme song.

Anyways, it makes more sense for Timeless rather than Paramount to release this. Even though this series is EXCELLENT overall, and has more in common with adult westerns like HGWT than other westerns at that time, it probably has limited appeal to a general, non-Baby Boomer audience. Although, it has had some national exposure after playing since September on ME-TV, alot of people may not remember or be aware of it. Nick Adams was great, though. This was and still is one of my favorites.

#229 of 248 OFFLINE   Mike*HTF

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts

Posted May 01 2013 - 03:16 PM

Nick Adams was great in The Rebel.
If it this is Timeless's new release, I would likely buy it even though I don't fancy westerns.

#230 of 248 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 07:43 AM

They do intend to include the original theme, if it can be done. And, no, its not coming from CBS. Once again, syndicator does not necessarily control all rights to a show.

#231 of 248 OFFLINE   Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 648 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 05:31 PM

Anyone have a ballpark on a release date?

#232 of 248 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 319 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 05:58 PM

I hope Timeless releases The Rebel as a complete series boxset.

Darby

#233 of 248 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted May 08 2013 - 04:35 PM

Beyond the Rebel which I will definately be buying, does anyone have any idea what Timeless will release in the future ?  I'd like to see more of the ZIV shows like Waterfront, and World Of Giants . I read recently that Nick At Night now has the "rights" to The People Choice and Love That Bob. It would be great to see season sets of those shows come out on DVD if they could be licensed , but Timeless rarely releases Sitcoms.

#234 of 248 OFFLINE   oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff

Second Unit

• 381 posts

Posted May 27 2013 - 08:41 PM

POPULAR

While Timeless is still releasing westerns, anyone for BLACK SADDLE? It starred Peter Breck as Clay Culhane, an ex-gunfighter turned lawyer and Russell Johnson as Marshal Gib Scott and Anna-Lisa as Nora Travers, a hotel proprietor. It ran for two seasons, S1 on NBC, S2 on ABC, and it was a Four Star production. I'd like to see TMG get a hold on Black Saddle from Fox and some of those other 4-Star westerns of that era.

• Jeff Willis, LouA and Silverking like this

#235 of 248 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,166 posts

Posted May 27 2013 - 08:56 PM

Under no circumstances IMO should *any* Four Star titles be released on DVD until "Burke's Law" and "Big Valley" are finally unstalled from DVD purgatory and given the completion they deserve.

#236 of 248 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,594 posts

Posted May 28 2013 - 05:52 AM

I'd like to see Timeless or Shout! get "Trackdown" with Robert Culp

• LouA likes this
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#237 of 248 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted May 28 2013 - 05:32 PM

While Timeless is still releasing westerns, anyone for BLACK SADDLE? It starred Peter Breck as Clay Culhane, an ex-gunfighter turned lawyer and Russell Johnson as Marshal Gib Scott and Anna-Lisa as Nora Travers, a hotel proprietor. It ran for two seasons, S1 on NBC, S2 on ABC, and it was a Four Star production. I'd like to see TMG get a hold on Black Saddle from Fox and some of those other 4-Star westerns of that era.

Yes , Black Saddle would be nice to see again. Also Boots and Saddles. I read somewhere, that Timeless did try to license Trackdown with no success. I'd also like to see Timeless put out Casey Jones , and The Gray ghost

#238 of 248 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 03:01 PM

Does CBS own the show outright,or do the producers still own a piece of the show - might explain why it was licensable. 

Edited by DeWilson, May 30 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#239 of 248 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted May 30 2013 - 06:13 PM

Re the Rebel, I believe the Producer George Fenady still owned the show.

#240 of 248 OFFLINE   Silverking

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts

Posted May 31 2013 - 02:28 PM

There is a whole list of westerns Timeless have tried to licence without success. I don't understand what the licence holders think they have to gain by refusing , more money I suppose but that is unlikely to happen.  

Mackenzies Raiders is good stuff & was indeed a ZIV production.

I would also like to see 'Black Saddle' & some of the California National Productions 'The Californians' , 'Boots & Saddles' etc. The western well is still pretty deep.

• Gary OS likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users