-

- - - - -

CEDIA Expo 2011: Lexicon announces new MP-20 Pre/Pro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5

• 0 posts

Posted September 08 2011 - 03:36 PM

Today we met with Jim Garrett, market manager for Harman Luxury Audio.  We discussed the much rumored Pre/Pro replacement to the Lexicon MC-12 HD Pre/Pro.

I own two Pre/Pro's (yes, I am nuts, but I have specific reasons), one is the Anthem D2V2 and the other is the Lexicon MC-12 HD EQ.  I have specific reasons that I like each of them.  The Lexicon MC-12 HD EQ that I have lacks a video processor, so unless I am pushing through HD DVD / Blu-Ray 1080P content, I have to rely on the video processor in my Samsung 900 to do video processing and that is not one of the Samsung 900's strong points.

The just announced Lexcon MP-20, to be released in Q2 of 2012, has a pletheroa of step up and new features from the MC-12 HD, one of them being a top end video processor.

Check out the video interview below and see if you should start saving up your money to get the MP-20...  Note, pricing has not yet been announced.

#2 of 5

• 0 posts

Posted September 10 2011 - 05:32 PM

We have also included pictures of the MP-20.

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

#3 of 5 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,751 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted September 14 2011 - 04:54 PM

Boy analog is really starting to go away.

#4 of 5 OzzieP

OzzieP

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted September 29 2011 - 08:03 AM

This will probably be the most expensive Lexicon preamp ever. Harmon has taken this company to do the opposite of what the original Lexicon company did. Offer a High End preamp that would compete with much higher priced preamps but at a much lower price. It also looks like the upgrade/trade in to previous Lexicon owners is also history. Other than that it is a very nice looking preamp, personally I would prefer it in black and I am sure that that screen will go dark after selections have been made.

#5 of 5 FIM2929

FIM2929

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted October 22 2011 - 09:42 AM

I have a Lexicon MC-12B that I have loved. I am now upgrading to HDMI Plasma and LED/LCD TVs and am looking for an alternative that will give the sound quality that I have enjoyed but will support HDMI 1.4a. I am trying to be reasonable this time (the MP-20 is $14K which is in another galaxy given the way technology changes) and keep the price below $5K, if possible, but I have some flexibility if it supports firmware and modular upgrades. Recommendations?