Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Image Press Release: The Phantom of the Opera (Lon Chaney) (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,290 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted April 02 2012 - 09:12 AM

Can anyone help with the following?   Which score on which version of the film was the one incorrectly pressed in mono? Is there a way to visually identify either the first disc or the corrected one?   Many thanks!

#2 of 19 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,112 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted April 02 2012 - 09:20 AM

I'm not sure which version, but I have both the corrected disc and the screwed up disc at home (they never asked for it back). If no one beats me too it I'll have a look at each and let you know.

#3 of 19 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,112 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted April 02 2012 - 07:20 PM

Comparing the two, there's no way to tell that I can see. They both have the same UPC codes and ID number on the disc. I'm not sure what else to look for. 

#4 of 19 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

• 4,290 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted April 02 2012 - 07:50 PM

Interesting.  Thanks for checking!   The reason I asked is that I, too, have two copies, and I can't detect a difference between them.  My suspicion is that I actually have two of the "corrected" ones, since I'd read comments on Amazon or elsewhere about Image making an improvement to the menu labeling, and I believe I have that improvement.  (Earliest copies had the user selecting the score, while failing to identify the version of the film.  These are clearly labeled for both, even if that's still a bit awkwardly executed.)     One of the orchestral soundtracks sounds like mono (on headphones), and the other is stereo, though not widely separated or exaggerated stereo.  I don't want to keep going back to the well on this, since Image has already been exceedingly generous in providing replacements without asking for the disc to be returned.

#5 of 19 OFFLINE   ajabrams

ajabrams

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted April 03 2012 - 10:05 AM

Anyone know if it's likely that if this disc is ordered now from Amazon that it will be the "corrected" version. I've been holding off...

#6 of 19 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

• 4,290 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted April 04 2012 - 04:53 AM

If I'm right in thinking I already had the corrected version when I asked for the replacement from Image, then yes, Amazon has been shipping them for at least a couple of months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users