What's new

Will there be any more Mod Squad? (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Cajun,
I wish I had some news about this series. I've been waiting several months for the next season (even the first half of the next one) to be released. I watch the first two seasons quite frequently and often wonder if I will see any more of this excellent show released.

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
I can understand that there probably isn't a high demand for this show, but, it's a drag for the few fans that want another couple of seasons to be left in limbo...especially when you see a lot of drivel being released. What I can never get my head around is the demand for shows like Seinfeld, Friends, Simpson's etc. when those shows were constantly on TV multiple times a day .
Could they maybe do a MOD (Made On Demand) Squad for us? :confused:

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I have said in the past, it seems that CBS is rotating releases - I wouldn't be surprised that when the next classic series completes (The Lucy Show and/or Have Hun, Will Travel) we'll see something on MOD SQUAD.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Does anyone have any more news on whether the remaining seasons of this series will be released? I watched a couple of episodes from the second season last night, and I am really wanting to see seasons three, four, and five. I really don't want to go that other route for this show, but if they wait too long.... ;)

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
It looks like this show, like My Three Sons, has been abandoned. But then again, Laverne & Shirley had a four-year gap between S4 and S5 so maybe there's hope. I keep holding off from that other option too, just in case.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Also four years for Streets of San Francisco! I'd written that one off as a goner, so maybe there's still hope for Pete, Linc, and Julie...if CBS remasters the later seasons, we'll know it's imminent.

Wvdvdguy

Agent
Real Name
Jon
I just bought a volume the other day. Way before my time but I saw a few episodes yrs ago & enjoyed it. Pretty good show! Still watching but the set but I like it so far.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I sure hope they give us the remaining three seasons. I just finished watching Sweet Child Of Terror (early episode from the second half of season two). Since the previous episode (The Debt) had very little of Julie in it, I told my family that this episode tonight would be Julie-centric, which it was. The Mod Squad is a great show that I loved as a child and love even more seeing it again forty years later.

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
DeWilson said:
I have said in the past, it seems that CBS is rotating releases - I wouldn't be surprised that when the next classic series completes (The Lucy Show and/or Have Hun, Will Travel) we'll see something on MOD SQUAD.
CBS/Paramount went the whole hog earlier on and completed the whole series with shows like Wild Wild West and Mission: Impossible (not that I'm complaining about that!) so why not Mod Squad? But yes, you're right about the rotating releases... so there may be hope.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I just watched Mother Of Sorrow, an episode that featured Lee Grant and Richard Dreyfuss. The atmosphere was somewhat reminiscent of the second Columbo pilot (also starring Lee Grant). The episode had IMO one of the most ambitious musical scores I've ever heard on The Mod Squad, let alone any television episode from the 1960s. Most of the score was atonal (and it was possibly dodecaphonic, although I would need to see the score to know this for certain), while several other segments contained microtonal music. The sound of two pianos tuned approximately 1/4 tone apart in a television episode was astonishing to hear. The music score was very effective in emphasizing the asylum-like / mentally-deranged qualities inherent in the character played by Dreyfuss.
If fans of The Mod Squad have a chance to watch this episode, please have a listen to the musical score. I would love to discuss the music with anyone who cares to do so. It was an incredible sound world from start to finish.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'm holding out hope that like Streets of San Francisco, CBS does a fast track on the last three seasons of Mod Squad next year. I'd love to see it completed.

joe o jr

Auditioning
Real Name
joe oleskey jr
This is Holy Grail stuff !! Mannix is HG and I think we got all of that one with help from the thousands of posts on this site. All of you out there that love,and must have the rest of The Mod Squad,lets get this particular post going with many many messages so CBS will notice and get the ball rolling!!!! It would be a great new years start seeing -Mod on MOD, the Squad is coming, season three on ??????,2013. So come on guys, let them know we want it, and we will not go away!

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Not cool abandoning this series before we got the Charger and Challenger cars and the high flying "Linc dives"
Season 3 if you please!

joe o jr

Auditioning
Real Name
joe oleskey jr
I hope more people look at this thread. We need to let them know we want this show finished. When i watch other shows on dvd, ilisten to the theme music for the first couple episodes, then i start to skip over the theme to the shows start. This is one show that i find myself listening to the theme music with each episode. That is another reason we need this, it is one of the greatest theme in tv history(i think).

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Thanks for heads up, Kasey.
Although it's not "definite" at this stage, it's promising news never the less.

John DeAngelis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John DeAngelis
Kasey said:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mod-Squad-DVDs-Planned/17912
Things are looking good for a Complete Series set thanks to VEI as reported above at Tvshowsondvd.com.
Even though I'm not a huge Mod Squad fan, I'm always thrilled when I hear news like this. I'm happy for the show's fans, and it also makes me hopeful that other stalled shows, like Burke's Law, will see the light of day.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I received this news (and the link) today from an HTF friend. This looks promising to me, and I mentioned that although I own the first two seasons, I would purchase this boxed set (five seasons) in a heartbeat. I hope it comes to fruition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks