Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Netflix restricts streaming to one device per account

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,541 posts

Posted September 07 2011 - 12:04 AM

From our friends at Home Media Magazine

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,254 posts

Posted September 07 2011 - 04:21 AM

The title of the article appears to be incorrect. At the very end the actual limitation is explained, and it's just that they are now enforcing the 1 stream per disc portion of the contract. I'd test it, but I cancelled my streaming yesterday (the last day before my new contract would kick in). But I don't remember seeing any problem over the weekend (I'mon the 3-disk plan). (Edit) From the article: With Netflix imposing a 60% rate hike on the combined streaming and physical disc membership options, subscribers seeking multiple streaming access in the home now will have to pay accordingly. Two discs out at a time ($19.98 a month) will afford you streams on two devices, while the three-disc plan ($23.98) allows three streams, and four discs four streams from four devices at $29.98 a month.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Dennis*G

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor

• 524 posts

Posted September 08 2011 - 03:34 PM

I don't get it. If you have the stream and disc option, they only allow you to stream as many as discs you have out? I have stream only plan and seem to still do multiple streams. I stated in the other thread that if it did come down to only being able to have 1 stream at a time, I would drop the stream option also. Here's hoping that does not happen.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   dmiller68

dmiller68

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted September 08 2011 - 03:49 PM

This is weird I thought this was discounted at one point. Ok, I just started it on 4 devices no problems. I only have a 1 disk plan.
Equipment: Panasonic TC-P65VT25, Panasonic DMP-BDT100, Pioneer Elite SC-37, TiVo Premiere XL, Limited Edition MW3 XBOX 360s with Kinect, Apple TV
Speakers: Definitive Technology Mythos XTR60 (3), Definitive Technology Mythos XTR20BP (4), Definitive Technology SuperCube II

#5 of 5 ONLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 17,733 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted September 08 2011 - 05:08 PM

debunked: http://techcrunch.co...e-next-comcast/

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

HTF Rules

Classified Sales Rules

UV Sales New Clarifications