Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

NEC PG-6100 CRT Projector

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   stevebag2

stevebag2

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 01 2011 - 08:22 AM

I have a NEC PG-6100 CRT Projector that's been stored away in its original box for many years. I wonder if I could sell it here or anywhere else and how much it's worth (assuming it is in good condition, which I believe it is). My brother purchased this new in the early 1990s and I'm trying to sell it for him.

#2 of 2 ONLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,985 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted September 01 2011 - 09:27 AM

I think you're going to have a tough time selling that.  CRT projectors are big, heavy, and not very bright (that one is rated at about 850 lumens peak brightness, which means real-world performance will be well below that).

It'll do 720p and 1080i and from what I've read, it throws a nice, sharp picture, but considering you can get a brand new 720p projector that's smaller, weighs less than 10 pounds, and is several times brighter for less than $700, you really can't expect to get much for it.

Even in good condition and with box/documentation I would be surprised if you'd get more than a couple hundred bucks for it, and that would only be from someone who is willing to deal with the extra attention a CRT projector requires.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!