Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cinemax: Strike Back

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   David S. Peterson

David S. Peterson

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted August 30 2011 - 05:17 PM

I have enjoyed the first three episodes of this show on Cinemax. Sort of a uncensored '24' - British counter terrorist unit. Cinemax is repeating the episodes this Friday with the holiday weekend and continues new episodes the following Friday.
David S. Peterson

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,099 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted September 01 2011 - 09:20 AM

Whoever that Irish chick was, her tits deserve an Emmy nomination. I'm with it. Characters haven't quite clicked with me all the way, but they're definitely spending some serious cash on this thing. First three episodes didn't look cheap at all, and it's nice that they're taking the time to do some terrific squib-work, when it would so easy for them to go with bargain-basement CGI. We have to wait two weeks to find out if they killed off one of the co-leads? Surely he must be dead. I mean, we all saw that explosion. That's proof enough for me. Good turn by Liam Cunningham as the former IRA member-turned-mercenary.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   David S. Peterson

David S. Peterson

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted September 01 2011 - 04:29 PM

At first I kept trying to remember where I had seen the actor who plays Stonebridge. It was the guy who played Robinson Crusoe on the Crusoe series a few years back. So you have an Aussie playing the American character and an American playing the Brit character.
David S. Peterson

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,099 posts

Posted September 11 2011 - 01:46 PM

Are as many folks shot in the head in the first season? Or is that a stylistic decision implemented by Cinemax? I mean, damn. I can understand the team being upset over the death of one of their own, but still pretty dumb to kill off Liam Cunningham without torturing some intel out of him first. No wonder Latif always manages to evade them. Next week's guest star is the guy from Game of Thrones who reminds me of Ridley Scott. Looking forward to it.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted September 19 2011 - 03:05 PM

So you have an Aussie playing the American character and an American playing the Brit character.

I read that also....Pretty funny.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,099 posts

Posted October 01 2011 - 04:35 AM

Not 5 minutes go by before we get four chumps capped in the skull, followed by Scott performing oral, and that's with a good 90 seconds allotted for the theme song. "What about the old woman?" "She is worthless." I can't wait for that scumbag heroin kingpin to get his, not to mention that piece-of-shit Major Donohue. Oh, it's gonna be sweet. (I do dislike the fact that the show continues to perpetuate the stereotype that Sudanese pre-teens are ALL excellent grenade-throwers. That's a blanket statement which I think might be slightly unfair to Sudanese pre-teens who are excellent marksmen with AKs.)