United Artists 3-D

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 of 27 OFFLINE   Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek

Producer

• 3,476 posts

Posted May 25 2012 - 10:49 AM

Here is our new article on this lost 3-D feature: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/lost-3-d

Bob Furmanek

www.3dfilmarchive.com

Bubbleweb_edited-1_zpsc986b444.jpg

#22 of 27 ONLINE   bgart13

bgart13

Supporting Actor

• 900 posts

Posted September 10 2013 - 09:08 PM

Any chance of I, THE JURY getting a release (if WAX does well)?

#23 of 27 OFFLINE   revgen

revgen

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 12:27 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that I, the Jury (1953) has even been officially released on DVD, LD, or MOD, much less Blu-Ray. The chances of a 3D Blu-Ray release seems rather slim even if Wax does well.

Edited by revgen, September 11 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#24 of 27 OFFLINE   RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,325 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted September 11 2013 - 09:35 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that I, the Jury (1953) has even been officially released on DVD, LD, or MOD, much less Blu-Ray. The chances of a 3D Blu-Ray release seems rather slim even if Wax does well.

I quess we will have to wait till after Bob Furmanek, Greg Kintz and Jack Theakston meet with five studio archive departments to find out what interest they have in 3D releases on Blu-ray.

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#25 of 27 OFFLINE   revgen

revgen

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 12:24 AM

Good call Roland.

Repeating myself from the 3D Expo thread, but it's still relevant to this discussion.

Bob Furmanek just announced at the 3D Expo last night that he reached a deal with Olive Films to release Dragonfly Squadron on 3D Blu-Ray sometime next year. This is huge, since Dragonfly Squadron is a b-movie released by Allied Artists, not an A-title like Wax, Creature, or Dial M. There are no major stars like Vincent Price, Rita Hayworth, or Richard Carlson.

Bottomline, if you want I the Jury (1953) released on 3D Blu-Ray, Dragonfly Squadron (1954) is the blu-ray that the studios will be keeping an eye on.

Edited by revgen, September 15 2013 - 12:25 AM.

#26 of 27 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 01:02 AM

I, THE JURY is my most wanted 3-D blu-ray, together with

ARENA

THE CHARGE AT FEATHER RIVER

GUN FURY

INFERNO

MISS SADIE THOMPSON

#27 of 27 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 1,421 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 04:33 AM

Bob Furmanek just announced at the 3D Expo last night that he reached a deal with Olive Films to release Dragonfly Squadron on 3D Blu-Ray sometime next year. This is huge, since Dragonfly Squadron is a b-movie released by Allied Artists, not an A-title like Wax, Creature, or Dial M. There are no major stars like Vincent Price, Rita Hayworth, or Richard Carlson.

Yeah, I would've held out and gone for the "3-D Double Feature" idea of pairing up obscure (to the rest of us folk, anyway) genre B-titles that are likely under 90 minutes anyway.

WE might think Dragonfly Squadron is a big deal, because we've been discussing it for a year, but again, it's not Wax or Kate, and it doesn't fit the "50's flying saucer" stereotype of 50's 3-D the way Creature does in the public's mind.

Olive may be pitching it to the niche that's heard of it, but that's a pretty small niche within a currently small niche.

Marketing a genre in 3-D--like Taza and Feather River together for "3D Western double feature", for ex.)--is a lot easier than marketing titles without history or stars, even for those like me who ARE waiting for vintage Blu 3D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users