Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lion and NEC Projectors

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   mstlteacher

mstlteacher

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 30 2011 - 08:23 AM

I'm hoping someone has had this experience and has figured out a work around... Since upgrading to Lion, I can no longer send my display to my NEC LT280 network projector. It connects fine and the cursor shows up, but against a black screen. Changing resolution or colors does NOT work to display properly. I contacted NEC who say it is a Lion and thus Apple problem. I see nothing posted anywhere on Apple's support pages and so am hoping one of you gurus can help troubleshoot this issue. Thanks.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,643 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted August 30 2011 - 11:12 AM

I would double-check the usual. Is the computer set to mirror displays (System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement Tab > Checkbox for Mirror Displays)? It sounds like you are in extended desktop mode, which would explain the cursor on black.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   mstlteacher

mstlteacher

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 30 2011 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. Lion doesn't show me an "arrangements" tab. Just the resolution choices and the color profile. Perhaps I need to back up one step. This NEC projector is ethernet connected and so I assume any additional display options may not show up due to the display ports being empty. NEC uses a software projector interface called Image Express for Mac.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   nate4454542

nate4454542

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 31 2012 - 06:14 AM

I have the exact same problem. Did you find an answer? Its driving me nuts.. Thanks!

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   mlofton

mlofton

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 08 2012 - 02:54 AM

Any answers for this issue? Some of my computers magically started working, but a new install of Lion caused the issue to show up again. Why is it a Lion problem? Can NEC not give us an update that will fix this? Our school has an NEC projector in every classroom which, as you can imagine, is problematic when a black screen is all that shows.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 17,069 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 08 2012 - 03:21 AM

Probably not the answer you want to hear but let me lay it out like this: You got sold a bill of goods by NEC who designed something that isn't really a good idea. It might work with the specific OS version for which they designed it but Apple has no responsibly to make sure it still works when their OS moves on. Is Ethernet based displays an Apple solution or an NEC solution? NEC. So you are wrangling the OS to do something it's not really designed to do. Don't blame Apple when their OS changes, blame 3rd parties who layer stuff like this on top and are slow to make it work. Bottom line: If your display doesn't show up in the Displays tab it's not a 'real' display, hence it's not Apple's fault. It's a hack. One that got broken when you changed OSes. Send the display back to NEC or go back to a working version of the OS for which NEC hacked it to make work.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   oncletom

oncletom

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 10:42 PM

Problem solved by using an updated driver (version 1.2.8) — http://www.nec-displ...x_ieu_mint.html I had the problem on 1.2.7, provided on a CD with the projector. It's OK with the version 1.2.8. Hope it helps further people here.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 17,069 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 02 2013 - 05:20 AM

Great!

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users