-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Vega$ Season 3,Volume 1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#1 of 63 Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 477 posts

Posted August 29 2011 - 10:29 AM

Any news if this will be released before the end of the year? I really enjoyed watching the previous volumes and can't wait to get more of my Vega$ fix.

#2 of 63 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted August 29 2011 - 11:24 AM

Haven't heard anything about it so far but I'm with you.  I like this show.  I'm still early into S1 viewing due to a lot of things in my viewing rotation.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#3 of 63 Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 477 posts

Posted September 12 2011 - 10:51 AM

What happened to all the Vega$ fans? Jeff and I can't be the only ones who want to see the next volume released.I checked the Vega$ facebook page and there's no news of a release,so I'm starting to get worried

#4 of 63 Timothy E

Timothy E

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted September 12 2011 - 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Stephen Wight 

What happened to all the Vega$ fans? Jeff and I can't be the only ones who want to see the next volume released.

We are just sitting silently waiting.  I would like to see this series completed on DVD as well.

#5 of 63 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,624 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted September 12 2011 - 12:06 PM

Come on Paramount, let's let this one out to the world.  I anxiously waiting for the final season.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#6 of 63 Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted September 12 2011 - 09:57 PM

I´m desperately waiting for the Season 3-Volume 1 announcement, as well. Hopefully, CBS/Paramount will release it at the end of the year.

#7 of 63 Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,113 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted September 15 2011 - 03:44 AM

I doubt we'd get a final season release/releases before Christmas, but who knows. I see them finishing it next Spring. But that is just my gut feeling. I am still on season 1 Vol 1 haha but I have purchased every other VOL the day they were released. :-) Just watching so much currently.

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 LG BD550 Region Free 
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#8 of 63 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,293 posts

Posted September 15 2011 - 04:08 AM

i have all seasons and volumes that have been released so far to dvd. I like to see this show completed along with Hawaii Five-O and Adam-12 next year. Nothing beats 1970s and1980s crime dramas!!

#9 of 63 Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 477 posts

Posted September 20 2011 - 02:31 PM

I doubt we'd get a final season release/releases before Christmas, but who knows. I see them finishing it next Spring. But that is just my gut feeling.

Well, I hope your gut feeling ends up being wrong. I want to see at leat one show I like released in time for the holidays. I've gotten a television dvd set every Christmas,since 2004. I don't want to have that tradition broken this year.

#10 of 63 Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,550 posts

Posted September 20 2011 - 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Wight 

Well, I hope your gut feeling ends up being wrong. I want to see at leat one show I like released in time for the holidays. I've gotten a television dvd set every Christmas,since 2004. I don't want to have that tradition broken this year.

Then you are probably going to be disappointed, because unless something very, very, very strange happens extremely fast, you will not be seeing S3 of the show by Christmas (if ever at all).

Gary "hate to be the bearer of bad news..." O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#11 of 63 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,228 posts

Posted September 20 2011 - 11:59 PM

I think it's coming next week. Kidding, sadly. What's up with Paramount and last seasons anyway, they don't seem to like them. Several shows still open with one to go, and no sign of finishing them. :o

#12 of 63 Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 477 posts

Posted September 22 2011 - 02:07 PM

Quote:

Then you are probably going to be disappointed, because unless something very, very, very strange happens extremely fast, you will not be seeing S3 of the show by Christmas (if ever at all). 

Gary "hate to be the bearer of bad news..." O.

So Vega$ has now joined the list of shows that Paramount has abandoned? :f I would have thought these volumes were selling as they were released a steady,semi quick pace. Also they flew off the store shelves here quickly.

#13 of 63 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,293 posts

Posted September 22 2011 - 02:44 PM

That would be sad news if S3 (v1/v2) are delayed. I have purchased S1/S2 (all Volumes) and love the show. However, i am not surprised as i have several shows that have one season left: 1. Night Gallery 2. Baa Baa Black Sheep 3. Melrose Place With the uncertainty in the economy along with window closing on the older shows each passing year will not help with releases. 2011 had some releases, but it was a pretty weak year.

#14 of 63 Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted November 29 2011 - 01:19 AM

I´m still waiting for CBS/Paramount´s Season 3-Volume 1 announcement. Hopefully it hasn´t been stalled like obviously other CBS/Paramount series like "Matt Houston, Streets of San Francisco, Barnaby Jones, Cannon or Jake and the Fatman".

#15 of 63 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted November 29 2011 - 01:35 AM

I´m still waiting for CBS/Paramount´s Season 3-Volume 1 announcement. Hopefully it hasn´t been stalled like obviously other CBS/Paramount series like "Matt Houston, Streets of San Francisco, Barnaby Jones, Cannon or Jake and the Fatman".

Posted Image I hope this one gets completed as well. S2V2 was released on March 29 of this year. Might be still coming. I'm thinking we'll hear some status info about this around the end of the year.

#16 of 63 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,228 posts

Posted November 29 2011 - 02:54 AM

Well, me too then. I must admit though I'm a bit faithless in this company at the moment, only very few classic shows have made it all the way through. Hawaii Five-O (soon), Mission Impossible, The Fugitive (barely) come to mind. Mannix I think will make it through alright, but too many great titles started that for reasons unknown remain unfinished including Vega$. I hope they'll pick up speed next year, this time last year I probably hoped the same. :crazy:

#17 of 63 Dave Farley

Dave Farley

Second Unit

• 411 posts

Posted November 29 2011 - 03:41 PM

I'm waiting for Season 3 myself. I bought the first two seasons and even bought the same for my parents so they would stop calling me and asking me to bring over my copies all the time. ;) They still love the show. We had an almost identical red Thunderbird my father bought and restored in the mid-70's, before the show existed. I can still remember squeezing between them and riding around in it during the summer. When the show was airing, we used to have so many people yell "Dan Tanna" as we drove through the lakefront park here. I think Season 3 will be out soon, I hope. As I recall, there were about 9-10 months between the S1 V2 and the S2 V1 releases. It's been 8 months since the S2V2 release.

#18 of 63 Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted November 30 2011 - 01:08 AM

I remember that the first episode is a 90 minute episode in which Lorne Greene(from Bonanza) played the bad guy. I think this episode played in Hawaii. In another episode of Season 3 played Joe Penny(Riptide, Jake and the Fatman) a bad guy who poisoned Robert Ulrich.

#19 of 63 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted November 30 2011 - 01:32 AM

I'm waiting for Season 3 myself. I bought the first two seasons and even bought the same for my parents so they would stop calling me and asking me to bring over my copies all the time. ;) They still love the show. We had an almost identical red Thunderbird my father bought and restored in the mid-70's, before the show existed. I can still remember squeezing between them and riding around in it during the summer. When the show was airing, we used to have so many people yell "Dan Tanna" as we drove through the lakefront park here. I think Season 3 will be out soon, I hope. As I recall, there were about 9-10 months between the S1 V2 and the S2 V1 releases. It's been 8 months since the S2V2 release.

That's Posted Image Here's hoping for the complete release of the series. Posted Image

#20 of 63 Dave Farley

Dave Farley

Second Unit

• 411 posts

Posted November 30 2011 - 03:18 PM

That's Posted Image Here's hoping for the complete release of the series. Posted Image

Thanks, Jeff. :) Unfortunately, they sold the car in 1983. :( I was hoping they'd still have it by the time I got my license... :D Here's to hoping that we see Season 3 soon.