What's new

Mac compatible Surveillance Camera System (1 Viewer)

WinstonCely

Second Unit
Real Name
Winston Cely
Before I go on a wild goose chase, I'm wondering if there are any decent Mac compatible camera surveillance camera systems out there? I've seen a bunch that say they're iPhone ready (DVR's recording to H.264) but I don't have access to a PC. I'll have to drop the idea all together if it means I have to get a PC. Even though you can get a cheap one for $400, add that to the cost of $400 in a camera system and I'm already double my price point. My wife and I are expecting in a couple months, and I'd like to get one that I can install in the nursery. I'd also like to get a package that has at least 4 cameras. That way I can have one monitoring the front door, back door, and garage door as well as the nursery. Am I crazy to even think they have this for the Mac? I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.8 on a Mac Book Pro and a late 2008 Intel Mac Pro.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Do you want it to keep constant recordings or just be web viewable in real time? You can get D-Link IP cameras that are viewable in real time, but the recording off of them is not unless you buy extra software

WinstonCely

Second Unit
Real Name
Winston Cely
That's a good question. I want to be able to view realtime, but I think it's a good idea to have it record if we're out of town.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
I've used EvoCam for years with two cameras...the built-in iSight and an external camera. I don't use it more than a couple times a year...for instance when I wanted to see who was picking up tools from my desk at the office after hours or find out which of my dogs was shredding the furniture at home while I was at work. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks