-

Photo
- - - - -

Mac compatible Surveillance Camera System

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 WinstonCely

WinstonCely

Stunt Coordinator

• 237 posts

Posted August 29 2011 - 06:02 AM

Before I go on a wild goose chase, I'm wondering if there are any decent Mac compatible camera surveillance camera systems out there? I've seen a bunch that say they're iPhone ready (DVR's recording to H.264) but I don't have access to a PC. I'll have to drop the idea all together if it means I have to get a PC. Even though you can get a cheap one for $400, add that to the cost of $400 in a camera system and I'm already double my price point. My wife and I are expecting in a couple months, and I'd like to get one that I can install in the nursery. I'd also like to get a package that has at least 4 cameras. That way I can have one monitoring the front door, back door, and garage door as well as the nursery. Am I crazy to even think they have this for the Mac? I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.8 on a Mac Book Pro and a late 2008 Intel Mac Pro.

#2 of 4 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted August 29 2011 - 06:24 AM

Do you want it to keep constant recordings or just be web viewable in real time? You can get D-Link IP cameras that are viewable in real time, but the recording off of them is not unless you buy extra software

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#3 of 4 WinstonCely

WinstonCely

Stunt Coordinator

• 237 posts

Posted August 29 2011 - 06:31 AM

That's a good question. I want to be able to view realtime, but I think it's a good idea to have it record if we're out of town.

#4 of 4 Michael_K_Sr

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter

• 1,343 posts
  • LocationChicago 'burbs

Posted August 29 2011 - 11:36 AM

I've used EvoCam for years with two cameras...the built-in iSight and an external camera. I don't use it more than a couple times a year...for instance when I wanted to see who was picking up tools from my desk at the office after hours or find out which of my dogs was shredding the furniture at home while I was at work. :)