Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

The King Of Queens Complete Series

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted August 27 2011 - 06:28 PM

According to Amazon, Sony is re-releasing the King Of Queens Complete Series on DVD on September 27th for just under $60. It appears the packaging is redesigned and, of course, the significant price drop from the original IPS truck packaging. Does anyone know any other details about this? I always like to get the latest versions released of movies and TV series', but it does seem the original Complete Series is the best version. What does everyone think?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,254 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted August 27 2011 - 09:22 PM

If I had to guess, I'd bet that this package will be like Sony's complete series rereleases of shows like Soap, Good Times, and Sanford and Son... it'll be a very small package with all of the discs stacked on top of each other in a flimsy plastic tray. And the discs won't be new pressings... just the old season set discs repackaged. However, for that price, I wouldn't complain about the packaging too much.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,685 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted August 27 2011 - 11:41 PM

They are doing the same for Married with Children and Dawson's Creek. Like you, Shane, I believe these will be in those "spindle" packages like the ones you mentioned. Even though I own S1-S4 of Married with Children, and don't care for that type packaging, I ordered that one anyway because of the price. Even double-dipping on S1-4 it'll be a good deal. Right now Married... and Dawson's... are 39.99. I'd expect the price for King of Queens to be at that point sometime before release.

#4 of 4 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted August 28 2011 - 05:09 AM

Thanks for the info. I don't have any seasons of KOQ, so I think I'll stick with the elaborate packaging and enjoy the show to the fullest extent.