Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Yamaha DSP A1 - no sound on main speakers with surround hooked up?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   BooGTS

BooGTS

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 27 2011 - 12:21 PM

Not quite the same issue as the other DSP owner. I can get my two main speakers to work 100% if I unhook everything else. Adding the center and rear surrounds make them go dead. I have 8ohm speakers all around and have the rear switch set to support this. Sub will work either way. I have the jumpers in correctly. Tried everything I can in setup. Any ideas'? Also, when doing the speaker test with everything hooked up, it will cycle through and there will be nothing coming from the front main speakers.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted August 29 2011 - 12:20 AM

I may have to go back and check ... I think I bought a Service Manual when I got mine, and I sort of had the impression that the five primary amplifiers were all independent sections; the only ones really "ganged" were the two front effect channels. But then again, I don't trust my memory much more... Leo

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   jrockvideo

jrockvideo

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted November 07 2011 - 02:40 PM

Hi, I have a RX-596 and get no test tones from the mains. already tried A and B. I only get sound from the surrounds and the center but if I turn off "Effects" then nothing. The switch is set for 8ohm in the back. I tried connecting the L and R speakers into the center and surrounds and sound comes thru so that rules out the speakers. I want to try a hard reset but not sure how to do this. Sorry if this is considered a hijack.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   jrockvideo

jrockvideo

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 08:43 AM

My receiver has a pre-out for the main speakers so I connected an external amp and still no sound. Downloaded the service manual and did a factory reset but no luck. Not sure what else to check.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   jrockvideo

jrockvideo

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 06 2011 - 05:48 PM

Bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users