Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

WHV Announcement: Green Lantern Extended Cut (3D Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,278 posts

Posted August 24 2011 - 11:07 PM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/ http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,474 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 25 2011 - 12:17 AM

I'm really glad to see that even though the film was not the massive hit Warners might have been expecting, they're releasing it in 3D as well as 2D. Very appreciative!

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Cory S.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts

Posted August 25 2011 - 12:26 AM

I'm completely happy with the addition of an extended cut. But, I'm completely confused by the inclusion of the Ultraviolet digital copy. All of my digital copies are through iTunes. Is WB not going to offer that anymore with their Blu Ray combo packs or are their two different digital copies?
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves.  But, not the one it needs right now.  So, we'll hunt.  Because he can take.  Because, he's not a hero.  He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.  A DARK KNIGHT."

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,808 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted August 27 2011 - 02:23 PM

That cover art looks terribly cartoon-y.  Sure, this is Green Lantern but how does that appeal to people not familiar with the character?  It looks terrible.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   robbbb1138

robbbb1138

Second Unit

• 265 posts

Posted August 27 2011 - 02:47 PM

I'm going to be pissed if the extended cut fixes some of the movie's problems that lead to it having such terrible word-of-mouth. This was probably the most disappointing cinematic experience of my life (I'm a huge Green Lantern fan, I think he's one of the easiest characters to adapt, and I think the movie wasted having all of the pieces and resources to be a huge success), but I'll probably find it easier to digest on the small screen.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,390 posts

Posted August 28 2011 - 05:50 AM

I'm going to be pissed if the extended cut fixes some of the movie's problems that lead to it having such terrible word-of-mouth. This was probably the most disappointing cinematic experience of my life (I'm a huge Green Lantern fan, I think he's one of the easiest characters to adapt, and I think the movie wasted having all of the pieces and resources to be a huge success), but I'll probably find it easier to digest on the small screen.

I think they just tried to cram too much in there. They shouldn't even have shown the Corps---that should have been saved for the second movie. At least they didn't try to show the entire Rainbow Corps in one movie--sheesh, that would have been confusing :rolleyes:

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter

• 1,580 posts

Posted August 28 2011 - 06:17 AM

+1000

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Kevin_Graham

Kevin_Graham

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted September 08 2011 - 10:44 AM

I enjoyed this despite the bad reviews but I'm so happy that there'll be an extended cut. Pre-ordered.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   bowersandwilk

bowersandwilk

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted September 19 2011 - 09:04 AM

ryan reynolds always kills it in all his roles!