Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dead LED in Samsung DLP RPTV?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,882 posts

Posted August 24 2011 - 07:04 PM

Looks like my Sammy 61A750 RPTV probably just got hit w/ what seems to be a common issue w/ the red LED dying (probably due to overheating). Still trying to see if there's a more definitive way to tell if my red LED just needs to be replaced, which seems like an easy enough (and affordable enough) DIY job -- actually seems easier than replacing the color wheel in a non-LED DLP. Unlike the color wheel issue w/ non-LED DLPs, there's no mechanical noise and such to help confirm the actual cause of the problem -- and it's not too clear whether one can easily eyeball it to see if the LED is fried.  The image symptoms I see certain do match that cause though.  I might have to just replace it w/ a new one (for ~$130?) to find out -- either that or pay someone ~$200/hour on top of the part cost to come and do it. They really just don't make these things to last like they used to -- and Samsung certainly seems to be one of the worse offenders w/ mediocre durability/reliability (and a penchant to abandon their customers, eg. the whole 3D fiasco) although seems like pretty much *all* the makers have been heading in this direction in general these days.   Maybe someone should file a class action suit against Samsung, et al. for false advertising w/ such things... _Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users