Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I need an AMP... and I'm totally clueless and could use a hand.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Nnmsgst

Nnmsgst

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 24 2011 - 01:30 PM

I need an amp to run a Bass X W-10 in wall powered sub and my rear center surround speaker. This will need to work with an Onkyo HT-RC270 receiver. I am wayyyyyy over my head now that I need an amp, and want to spend as little as possible to properly power this sub and the rear center channel. Sub can be found here so you guys with all the knowledge have an idea of how much power I need: http://www.kinozuhau....0_cutsheet.pdf I saw the Onkyo M-282, but would prefer to spend less. If I could get into something under $150, that would be ideal. My brain is melting from this. Should I just be using another receiver to do this? How would I set it up? Should I be checking eBay? I found an Onkyo 5140 and 5150 both on eBay, but not sure if they'd be sufficient. Feel free to send me links, check craigslist in my area (Minneapolis) possibly? I appreciate the help - after buying a TV and choosing a new receiver, I'm overwhelmed.