Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

I have a question regarding the various studios' MOD movie services...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,647 posts

Posted August 23 2011 - 05:09 PM

Is the material from these companies all region or Region 1 only? When a lot of Warner/MGM/Sony/etc. titles were still on the bootleg market, the DVDs were multi-region. Now that they've been released officially, has that been changed? Some of the Warner Arcive titles look appealing, and the MGM library has a lot of good material as well, so this question is being asked on not only an American, but an international level. Sincerely, John Kilduff... I should really get that official copy of "URGH! A Music War". I only wish it could've been released back when DVDs were hot items.
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#2 of 2 classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,298 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted August 23 2011 - 05:14 PM

I can only speak for the Warner Archive stuff. So far each disc I've bought is region-free (most all of the Warners pressed discs are region-free too). I'd imagine it's harder to region-lock a MOD disc anyway...

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users