-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

8k restored BEN-HUR in NYC for NY Film Fest. Anyone know about Alice Tully Hall or Howard Gilman Theater?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Cassy_w

Cassy_w

Second Unit

• 459 posts

Posted August 23 2011 - 04:10 AM

Wow. Just wow. 8k screenings of the newly restored BEN-HUR in October. http://www.filmlinc....on-sale/ben-hur But I have never heard of Alice Tully Hall (Oct 1 screening) or the Howard Gilman Theater (Oct 8 showing). From Google searches, both look to be opera or music venues, wth a very square wall behind the stage. How they can get a 2.76:1 screen in there is beyond me. Has anyone any idea at all as to which theater will have a larger screen? Or will they be the same size? This is a grand opportunity. Maybe once in a lifetime and i want to make sure if I go, I get to see this classic film on as large a screen as possible.
Death to PG-13! And now death to DVNR too!!

#2 of 5 Cassy_w

Cassy_w

Second Unit

• 459 posts

Posted September 10 2011 - 02:47 PM

Tickets go on sale Monday. Still no idea about the theater or what type of screen they will have.

#3 of 5 Jim*Tod

Jim*Tod

Second Unit

• 290 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted September 10 2011 - 03:20 PM

Is there any chance this version will be shown anywhere other than NYC?

#4 of 5 Cassy_w

Cassy_w

Second Unit

• 459 posts

Posted September 30 2011 - 10:32 AM

Well, I am going to this. NO IDEA what to expect.

#5 of 5 Pete York

Pete York

Supporting Actor

• 560 posts

Posted October 01 2011 - 11:50 AM

I'm going to guess you weren't expecting a synch problem a half hour in forcing them to stop the projection and reboot!