Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

trying to get tv set up.. help please.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   shortz1994

shortz1994

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 23 2011 - 02:19 AM

Our neighbors were moving out, so while helping they had a big 53" rear projection. (philips). they gave it to my family as a payment for helping. i got it home plugged it in, an it's all out of wack, color is off, convergince is off in one corner, an there are lines in it some time. so i started to mess with the settings. (no remote).. got the picture to straiten up a little, an took the back off, readjusted the three colors, (focused). an went into menu to do convergence. got to the end, after getting all the + marks lined up. but now can't save the settings, cause no remote. is there a manual way to get the + marks lined up, with out the remote? i have seen there are a couple of adjusting places for adjusting.:confused: thanks for your help..

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   GeorgeAB

GeorgeAB

Second Unit

• 471 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted August 23 2011 - 05:06 AM

A good start along the way of getting help is to provide the model number of the TV.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   shortz1994

shortz1994

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 23 2011 - 05:11 AM

A good start along the way of getting help is to provide the model number of the TV.

sorry it's a philis/magnavox. model # 9P5034 C103 . i hope this helps. thank you