What's new

Banacek (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There was a old post, but it did not see it was relevant to my posting about the show. I watched an episode of Banacek that had hot/young Stefanie Powers. The episode also had some interesting supporting cast, like Ben Davidson and Conrad Janis.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I watched an episode tonight that had the lovely Vicky Principal!!

Banacek was very good short-lived series!! I really like Peppard as Banacek!! Peppard's humor was very good through the episodes!

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
I remember seeing the show in reruns on A&E quite a while back,It was a good show, Peppard really made the character work.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
hypnohighball said:
I went to buy it on dvd a few months ago and almost choked when I saw how much it's going for now!
Ouch! I bought it for my mother several years ago and hadn't even thought to check it since. That's in line with what has happened with Daniel Boone.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The new region 2 release of the two seasons of Banacek is out and available from Amazon.co.uk. If anyone gets it, perhaps they could fill us in about the run times and any editing. Thanks

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
hypnohighball said:
I went to buy it on dvd a few months ago and almost choked when I saw how much it's going for now!
EEEEEEYOWWW!!! :eek:

Uhh, how much were those Sky King Sets again? :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
I used to like Bancek because the plots were clever but more so because unlike so many of the other series around at the same time, the audience didn't know about them until the end any more than the characters did. I did manage to work out a couple of them but several were quite ingeneous and I had to weait until Banacek explained how it was done at the end of the episode!

UniversalPhan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathan Winters
They really need to reissue the Banacek series. There is njo way that each set is $100 each. That's insane, and there were two sets released, not to mention a complete series set. This is exactly why filesharing remains available for fans of these television shows. Make these shows available and keep them in print.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I have the Banacek DVD sets, the ones with the TV Guide logo on them. The DVD's are good although I suspect the episodes might be edited, there are places in the episodes where a scene fades out quickly which to me is a signal that something could be edited.

Not including the pilot movie, Detour To Nowhere, the 16 Banacek episodes run about 72 minutes each on the DVD's. So if anything is missing, it isn't much, maybe little snippets of dialog here and there were edited out.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
This so reminded me of the classic Lookwell TV pilot with Adam West where he is mistaken for Banacek.

FF to the :53 mark

:)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
They really need to reissue the Banacek series. There is njo way that each set is $100 each. That's insane, and there were two sets released, not to mention a complete series set. This is exactly why filesharing remains available for fans of these television shows. Make these shows available and keep them in print.

You think that's bad-- that Hunter all-in-one from Mill Creek is a whopping $495 on Amazon (and that's used; new goes for $750)!!

https://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Compl...pID=51Y30KCtL1L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks