Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

MY COUSIN RACHEL coming..no Blu-ray

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell

Screenwriter

• 1,224 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted August 20 2011 - 07:04 AM

Screen Archives Entertainment is releasing MY COUSIN RACHEL starring Olivia de Havilland and Richard Burton under their Twilight Time series label. It's limited to 3,000 copies like THE EGYPTIAN was. I'm disappointed that it's going to be DVD only...no Blu-ray counterpart. This is one of my favourite films and I would have loved owning it on Blu. Andy http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/ http://www.screenarc...1952-PRE-ORDER/

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,860 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted August 20 2011 - 08:39 AM

Whether Twilight Time releases a film in Blu-ray or not will depend on the source material they get from Fox.  The transfer for the Egyptian was outstanding, while we all know that the transfer for Violent Saturday was not anamorphic.  Twilight Time said at the time that the transfers will depend on what Fox delivers, since they do not have the resources to improve the transfers.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell

Screenwriter

• 1,224 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted August 20 2011 - 09:50 AM

Thanks, Allen. I wasn't aware of that.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,860 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted August 20 2011 - 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew Budgell 

Thanks, Allen. I wasn't aware of that.

But I agree with you and I hope for some more Blu-rays from the Fox Vault.  Twilight did an excellent job on The Egyptian.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Brisby

Brisby

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted August 20 2011 - 01:26 PM

I've owned the magnificent Franz Waxman score to this on CD for the last several years. Too bad I gave up blind buying, because I'd love to see this movie to hear the score in context.