Shout Factory

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#181 of 298 OFFLINE   TVonDVDJunkie05

TVonDVDJunkie05

Stunt Coordinator

• 241 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 09:32 AM

Danny Phantom: The Complete Series will be released next year on January 28th (Source)

DVD Empire has some more nice surprises posted:

Barney Miller Season 4- Jan. 7 (http://www.dvdempire...ason-movie.html)

Hazel Season 5- Jan. 14 (http://www.dvdempire...ason-movie.html)

NYPD Blue Season 5- Jan. 21 (http://www.dvdempire...on-5-movie.html) **Shout and FOX together again?!?**

Edited by TVonDVDJunkie05, October 03 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#182 of 298 OFFLINE   Vahan_Nisanain

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor

• 580 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 10:07 AM

Oh, please let it be true.

Not a Shout title, but Jack P has been waiting for VCI and Fox to be together again, too.

#183 of 298 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,028 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 10:29 AM

I'll settle for Fox and ANYONE if it means I'll get "Burke's Law", "Big Valley" and "Bob Newhart" some day.   

#184 of 298 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,146 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted October 03 2013 - 11:22 AM

That's Hazel season 5. There was no S6.

But still... cool. And the NYPD deal gives hope again for Rhoda, Mr. Ed, and others.

#185 of 298 OFFLINE   Vahan_Nisanain

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor

• 580 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 04:36 PM

Side note, but whatever happened to Cliff M.? Does he still work for Shout Factory?

#186 of 298 ONLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 960 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 05:14 PM

I'm still hoping for Belvedere, Rhoda and Mad About You to finally finish up their series/releases on DVD, so now there's some hope that it could happen next year, judging from the release news of these three series, especially for Hazel.

#187 of 298 OFFLINE   TVonDVDJunkie05

TVonDVDJunkie05

Stunt Coordinator

• 241 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 06:35 PM

That's Hazel season 5. There was no S6.

Sorry my mistake, in my excitement to post the news I inadvertantly posted the wrong number.

I'm still hoping for Belvedere, Rhoda and Mad About You to finally finish up their series/releases on DVD

*If* this deal signifies that Shout! & Fox are back on good terms (this could just be a one off with this title) then I think there might be some hope that Rhoda & Mr. Belvedere might be completed at some point.  From what I had seen at the time, it looked to me that both these titles had done well for Shout! and they would have completed both had they been able to work out a deal with Fox.

As for Mad About You, that is a Sony title and last we heard Shout! was not interested in releasing any more seasons of this show as the two that they did release did not meet their expectations.  Your only hope of seeing the final two seasons released might be Mill Creek if they are able to acquire the rights.  For now I believe that they will only be re-releasing the first 3 seasons that Sony released.

Edited by TVonDVDJunkie05, October 03 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#188 of 298 OFFLINE   Vahan_Nisanain

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor

• 580 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 06:39 PM

I can definitely see Mr. Belvedere and Rhoda being completed. Brian Ward said those two have done fairly decently for them. But I don't know about the likes of Room 222, The Paper Chase, and especially Peyton Place.

Edited by IntoIt, October 03 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#189 of 298 OFFLINE   Astairefan

Astairefan

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 08:41 AM

Those Shout boys, they done it again, rescuing another abandoned series that gonna make you folks pretty happy. All I can say is that this one has been longer than MHMH was. Can't say any more, otherwise I'll have to go into witness protection. Its not Maude.

For what it's worth, was the show you referred to NYPD Blue, or are  we still waiting to find out out what it is?

#190 of 298 OFFLINE   bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 429 posts

Posted October 12 2013 - 10:31 PM

• After CBS failed to follow up on the strong sales of SANFORD AND SON,   I was really hoping that SHout! would pick up the rights for it's spin off series SANFORD and release those two seasons, either together or seperately.  

Easily as funny as the original and much in the same spirit.  

And if they really wanted to make me happy, they could release the much shorter lived GRADY as well. 

But I wouldn't mind if they left SANFORD ARMS hidden deep in a closet somewhere.  Not funny.  At. All.

• Radioman970 likes this

#191 of 298 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,084 posts

Posted October 14 2013 - 10:49 AM

I can definitely see Mr. Belvedere and Rhoda being completed. Brian Ward said those two have done fairly decently for them. But I don't know about the likes of Room 222, The Paper Chase, and especially Peyton Place.

Room 222 is a definate no go. The sales of season 2 were very, very low. Sad, but Shout shot themselves in the foot on any more Room 222 doing well. The first season was so blasted because of the poor picture and sound quality, that season 2 only sold in the hundreds instead of the thousands.

#192 of 298 OFFLINE   Vahan_Nisanain

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor

• 580 posts

Posted October 14 2013 - 10:53 AM

And Neil Brock has said time and time again that the more intelligent a particular TV Series is, the poorer it does on DVD.

#193 of 298 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,565 posts

Posted October 14 2013 - 11:56 AM

And Neil Brock has said time and time again that the more intelligent a particular TV Series is, the poorer it does on DVD.

The complete release of Gilligan's Island completely pokes holes in that theory.  :P

Gary "in all seriousness, the full release of many great and intelligent series (The Fugitive being example #1) disproves this theory" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#194 of 298 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,028 posts

Posted October 14 2013 - 12:14 PM

We've seen plenty of good "intelligent" shows come to DVD.     It's simply the work of one particular producer who had a penchant for thinking being "intelligent" meant giving us agenda-driven shows on a constant basis that isn't represented and for me, that's no great loss as I wouldn't buy his work even if it were available.

Incidentally, "Sanford And Son" was released by Sony/Columbia, not CBS.   

#195 of 298 OFFLINE   Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 631 posts

Posted October 14 2013 - 12:33 PM

Ridiculous... Lost, 24, Doctor Who, Mission Impossible, Dark Shadows, The Fugitive, Route 66, Barney Miller, MTM, Naked City... just to name a few from different eras

#196 of 298 OFFLINE   Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted October 15 2013 - 01:23 AM

Pity about Room 222 but that video was atrocious. However, I bought season 1 & was able to get past it because of the quality of the show. I'd never even seen it before but ended up loving it!

#197 of 298 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,084 posts

Posted October 15 2013 - 11:11 AM

Pity about Room 222 but that video was atrocious. However, I bought season 1 & was able to get past it because of the quality of the show. I'd never even seen it before but ended up loving it!

Yeah, it's one of my all time favorites. I keep hoping that MeTV will start showing it so I can at least record the last three seasons even if they are the syndicated/edited versions. At this point I will take it. If I believed in miracles then Fox would release a complete series box set with restored/remastered video, but that is a pipe dream that will never happen.

• PatrickGoodluck likes this

#198 of 298 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,146 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted October 15 2013 - 03:42 PM

Ridiculous... Lost, 24, Doctor Who, Mission Impossible, Dark Shadows, The Fugitive, Route 66, Barney Miller, MTM, Naked City... just to name a few from different eras

Barney Miller and Mary Tyler Moore were both stalled out and abandoned at various points. In fact, MTM took longer to come out on DVD than it was originally on the air.

Dark Shadows and Doctor Who are both cult shows, and those have way different standards than the normal sitcoms and dramas thanks to the cult audiences they've built that will keep the new releases coming.

#199 of 298 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Second Unit

• 482 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted October 15 2013 - 03:46 PM

I'm still waiting for Mister Ed season 6. I bought all 5 seasons at full price through Shout!'s website, hoping to support the cause. I'd hate to see this show abandoned with a measly 13 episodes left un-released.

I concur . I did the same thing , and can't figure out why SF won't release season 6 which only has 13 episodes and would only require a 2 DVD set.

#200 of 298 OFFLINE   PatrickGoodluck

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted October 15 2013 - 03:56 PM

Same here. I know S6 isn't the strongest but it would be nice to have it complete and uncut as I only have syndicated episodes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shout Factory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users