What's new

Shout! Factory TV Series Status Page (1 Viewer)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
The following is a list of all TV series (live action & animation) Shout! Factory has released and what the status is as far as future releases go for series that have not been complete:

TV Series Releases

Release Status

Blossom - Abandoned (Due to high music costs)
California Dreams - Abandoned (Due to poor sales, no interest in releasing final season)
Diff'rent Strokes - Abandoned (Do not possess the rights to future seasons)
Fantasy Island - Abandoned (Do not possess the rights to future seasons)
Ironside - Abandoned (Do not possess the rights to future seasons)
L.A. Law - Abandoned (5 seasons remaining)
Mad About You - Abandoned (Due to poor sales, no future releases)
MADtv - Abandoned (Do not possess the rights to future seasons)
Marcus Welby, M.D. - Abandoned (Due to poor sales, no future releases)
Mr. Belvedere - Abandoned (Do not possess the rights to future seasons)
My Two Dads - Abandoned (Do not possess the rights to future seasons)
Newhart - Active (2 seasons remaining)
NYPD Blue - Active (2 seasons remaining)
The Paper Chase - Abandoned (Do not possess the rights to future seasons)
Parker Lewis Can't Lose - Abandoned (Due to high music costs and low sales)
Peyton Place - Abandoned (Do not possess the rights to future seasons)
Police Story - Abandoned (Only acquired the rights to one season)
Police Woman - Abandoned (2 seasons remaining)
The Practice - Abandoned (7 seasons remaining)
Rhoda - Abandoned (Do not possess the rights to the final season)
The Rookies - Abandoned (2 seasons remaining)
Room 222 - Abandoned (Do not possess the rights to future seasons)
The Soul Man - Abandoned (3 seasons remaining)
Small Wonder - Abandoned (Do not possess the rights to future seasons)
Webster - Abandoned (2 seasons remaining)

Completed Series

Adam-12
All-American Girl
All in the Family
Andy Barker, P.I.
Automan
Barney Miller
Big Bad Beetleborgs
The Bold Ones: The Lawyers
The Bold Ones: The New Doctors
The Bold Ones: The Protectors
The Bold Ones: The Senator
The Bill Cosby Show
The Bob Newhart Show
The Colbys
Cop Rock
The Dana Carvey Show
Dark Skies
Dennis The Menace (1959)
Designing Women
Dragnet (1967)
The Facts of Life
Father Knows Best
Freaks and Geeks
Fridays
Get a Life
The Goldbergs
The Hardy Boys Mysteries
Hart to Hart
Hazel
Here Come the Brides
Hey Dude
Hill Street Blues
I Spy
It's Garry Shandling's Show
The Jeffersons
The Job
Kojak
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
The Larry Sanders Show
Leave it To Beaver
Mr. Bean
Manimal
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
Maude
Max Headroom
McHale's Navy
Men Behaving Badly
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Mister Ed
My So-Called Life
The Nanny
Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation
The Norm Show
Patty Duke
Pee-Wee's Playhouse (Blu-ray)
Prisoners of War
Punky Brewster
Quincy, M.E.
Route 66
Sarah Silverman Program
Sgt. Bilko: The Phil Silvers Show
Simon & Simon
Sisters
Spin City
Sports Night
Street Hawk
S.W.A.T.
Tales of the Gold Monkey
That Girl
The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis
Thirtysomething
Two Guys and A Girl
Undeclared
VR Troopers
Welcome, Back Kotter
WKRP in Cincinnati
The Young Hercules

Animated Series Releases

Release Status

Captain Planet and the Planeteers - Abandoned (Due to poor sales, no future releases)
Code Monkeys - Abandoned (Due to poor sales, no future releases)
Conan the Adventurer- Abandoned (Due to poor sales, no future releases)
Marvel Knights- Active (Various collections released)

Completed Series

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
The Adventures of Tin Tin
The Angry Beavers
Beetlejuice
Bump In The Night
Casper the Friendly Ghost
Captain N: The Game Master
CatDog
Danny Phantom
Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (1985)
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (1989)
G.I.Joe: Renegades
Hey! Arnold
Home Movies
JEM
Liberty's Kids
M.A.S.K
Mr. Magoo (Complete television collection)
Mr. Magoo (Complete theatrical collection)
My Little Pony (1986)
My Little Pony Tales

Ōban Star-Racers
ReBoot
Rocko's Modern Life
Sam & Max
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic Underground
Stargate Infinity
The Super Hero Squad Show
The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
Super Mario World
Tennessee Tuxedo and His Tales
Transformers
Transformers: Beast Wars
Transformers: Prime
Transformers: The Headmasters
The Legend Of Zelda
Underdog
The Wild Thornberrys

Last edited:

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
From that list here are the companies that they licensed from, and the quantity (not counting new releases):
NBC/Universal: 5
Disney: 1
Sony: 6
MGM: 1
Fox: 6
Dreamworks: 1
And for those keeping score at home, as of right now, Shout! has only completed one Fox show, and that was Son of the Beach in 2008. After Fox released the first volume in 2003, Shout! released the last one 5 years later.
Even Brian Ward stated in a tweet he made several months ago that Fox has been really hard to license things from.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for posting a status update list for Shout's TV titles, but even though there have been a few Shout! threads started in the TV on DVD folder recently, there was an existing general Shout! Factory TV titles thread started a while back in the TV on DVD folder which your list could have been posted in.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
In this case, the term should not be "done" but "abandoned" when we're talking about no chance of securing more rights to the title.
I'm still royally P.O'd over the "Ironside" situation.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
vnisanian2001 said:
there was an existing general Shout! Factory TV titles thread started a while back in the TV on DVD folder which your list could have been posted in.
Sorry I did not see that thread, if they mods want they could merge this thread into that one?!

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Nick, here's something I just thought of.
For the sake of this scenario, let's assume that the economy bounces back, and not only that, but both Shout! Factory and Fox are able to come to a reasonable and realistic agreement to release the final season of Rhoda and the final two seasons of Mr. Belvedere (those are the only two Fox shows that I think are likely to be completed), but there's a catch: Shout!'s contracts for those shows with Fox already have completely expired. What do you think would happen then?
Again this is just a scenario. It may, or may not happen.

Mr. Papagiorgio

Stunt Coordinator
For animated tv shows, they no longer have the rights to Inspector Gadget or Heathcliff, so those won't be finished. They were stalled due to poor sales before losing the rights. Fox had one Inspector Gadget release, but it looks like no more are coming. C.O.P.S. was sublicensed out to Mill Creek. Shout's DiC contract runs out at the end of the year, so they won't be finishing Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors either (which Mill Creek plans to release next year).

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Well in the case of Mr. Belvedere and Rhoda at least they managed to get 4 of 6 seasons and 4 of 5 seasons out respectively, which is far more than I can say for Inspector Gadget and Heathcliff, so I wouldn't completely count out those two Fox shows just yet. It wouldn't hurt if anyone who is a fan of either Rhoda or Mr. B or a fan of both shows who hasn't gotten the DVDs yet to do so right now, or if they already got them to try buying multiple copies. Perhaps it might convince Fox to loosen their grip on those remaining seasons far sooner than expected.

Mr. Papagiorgio

Stunt Coordinator
They've said that Small Wonder had very poor sales. That is the main reason it isn't being finished. I have a feeling Captain Planet will be joining the list soon as well since they've made comments about poor sales on that one as well.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

Spin City (final season released in December) and Dennis The Menace (final season coming out this month) have been removed from the list.

Hazel, Kojak, Police Story & Police Woman & Webster have been added to the list.

Status changes

Adam-12 has been changed to 'Active', final two seasons will be released this year
Simon & Simon has been changed to 'Active' with announcement of S6 release in February

California Dreams & Parker Lewis Can't Lose have been changed to 'Abandoned', no word on the release of the final season of either show (does not appear it will be released?!)
Malcom & Eddie and Marcus Welby M.D. have been changed to 'Abandoned', no word on any further seasons

Also, I created a new section that lists all the series that Shout! Factory has released in their entirety.

Mr. Papagiorgio

Stunt Coordinator
You aren't listing animated tv series?
On the Shout forums, Brian Ward said that they won't be releasing the final season of Mr. Ed.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Did he give a reason? Shout's usually the one that'll finish a show, to abandon a show with only one season left is ridiculous. And here I was hoping it would be finished this year. While it's great that Adam 12 will be finished, I'm hoping we'll also get the last 2 seasons of Simon & Simon also.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
vnisanian2001 said:
From that list here are the companies that they licensed from, and the quantity (not counting new releases):
NBC/Universal: 5
Disney: 1
Sony: 6
MGM: 1
Fox: 6
Dreamworks: 1
And for those keeping score at home, as of right now, Shout! has only completed one Fox show, and that was Son of the Beach in 2008. After Fox released the first volume in 2003, Shout! released the last one 5 years later.
Even Brian Ward stated in a tweet he made several months ago that Fox has been really hard to license things from.
Wow! If only they could license The Fall Guy and The Big Valley from Fox. And if they deal with CBS/Paramount, it would be great to license Barnaby Jones and Matt Houston

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Duane Alford said:
Did he give a reason? Shout's usually the one that'll finish a show, to abandon a show with only one season left is ridiculous. And here I was hoping it would be finished this year. While it's great that Adam 12 will be finished, I'm hoping we'll also get the last 2 seasons of Simon & Simon also.
If it's the post I'm thinking of from the other day, that was from a fake Brian Ward... some idiot who signed up that day using Brian's name and profile pic. Unless you look at the register date, it's easy to be fooled.
So, I don't think there has been any official word on Mr. Ed yet.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
That's good. I hope it was just an idiot playing a stupid joke. I looked it up, almost all of the seasons ran 26 episodes. The last ran only 13 episodes. So at least it shouldn't be that expensive of a set. I just got Season 5 from ebay and it only cost me $2 and change. Thank God for ebay bucks!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Duane Alford said:
That's good. I hope it was just an idiot playing a stupid joke. I looked it up, almost all of the seasons ran 26 episodes. The last ran only 13 episodes. So at least it shouldn't be that expensive of a set. I just got Season 5 from ebay and it only cost me $2 and change. Thank God for ebay bucks!
Well, I just looked again, and Real Brian said it doesn't look good at this time for Mr. Ed S6.
However, things didn't look good for Simon and Simon S6 last year, and it's coming soon.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Shane, in the history of TV-on-DVD, has there ever been an instance where there was bad blood between the DVD licensee and DVD licensor, but eventually, it was resolved?

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by The Obsolete Man /t/314036/shout-factory-tv-series-status-page#post_3887045
Well, I just looked again, and Real Brian said it doesn't look good at this time for Mr. Ed S6.
However, things didn't look good for Simon and Simon S6 last year, and it's coming soon.
I am sorry to hear that Mister Ed may be stalled. I was concerned when the last two seasons were not released together. With Mister Ed already in the Select program, I wondered how many sales they would get for Season 5, and then, what prospects the shortened Season 6 would have. I hope eventually we will see the last season released.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
ChrisALM said:
I am sorry to hear that Mister Ed may be stalled. I was concerned when the last two seasons were not released together. With Mister Ed already in the Select program, I wondered how many sales they would get for Season 5, and then, what prospects the shortened Season 6 would have. I hope eventually we will see the last season released.
I have heard that there is talk of a feature film for Mr. Ed. If that happens, it may be a good time to complete the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks