Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
3D Blu-ray Reviews

The Nightmare Before Christmas: THE HTF 3D ADDICT BLU-RAY REVIEW

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,098 posts

Posted August 17 2011 - 05:27 AM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,045 posts

Posted August 17 2011 - 06:17 AM

Was this the first movie to be converted to 3D after the fact? Disney re-released it theatrically in 3D around Halloween at least a couple of years in a row, some time before the recent 3D fad really took off.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,359 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted August 17 2011 - 06:24 AM

I saw this 3D version when it was first released theatrically back in 2006, and again in 2007, hoping Disney would re-release the film every year (like the studios used to do in the old days for seasonally-themed movies). This version shows that 3D conversion can be done well, and both Tim Burton and Henry Selick supervised ILM's work very closely.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand

Screenwriter

• 1,286 posts

Posted August 18 2011 - 09:21 AM

Thanks Ron for the early review. Took my kids to see "The Nightmare Before Christmas" in 1993 and fell in love with it. Bought the CD and listened to the music on every Fall excursion my family went on until it was replaced by DVD where we could see it and hear it on our TV in its OAR. Got the Blu-ray and loved the HD upgrade and as soon as it came out in 3D, we went to see it, this time with my grandchildren.. Fell in love with the 3D version all over again. Didn't have much hope that I would ever have the means to OWN it and VIEW it in 3D.:rolleyes: Guess I'll always be a kid at heart.:) The chance to own the movie in high def and 3D with High Res multichannel sound was almost an impossible dream that is coming true. I'll be in heaven all over again! Paul
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users