Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Would like advice to arrange gear in tight space

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Doug Z

Doug Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 74 posts

Posted August 16 2011 - 04:05 PM

The one end of my basement has been the holder of my AV gear. The way the house is laid out it's really the best area to work with....opposite end is the fireplace. I have been contemplating going with different speakers but these are working fine for now....will come down to a space issue if that's the case. The main problem is the door, I cannot move it to the left because of the HVAC ductwork and the room is too narrow to be on the long walls. The house is a rambler and this is the basement, I have roughly 7 1/2 feet from the right wall to the end of the left speaker...I need to either purchase something to enclose the TV and hold the components or build it. The shelf-rack behind the right speakerholds the gear for now....adding a turntable so I need to figure something out. Been toying with this idea for a few years but the infants now toddlers are growing up and I have some more time.....that was time well wasted for sure....wish I could go back to the high chair days.....time is flying now. All input appreciated, may have to leave it but it needs some tidying up for sure. [ATTACHMENT=156]CA2_0087.jpg (948k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]