Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Opinion on Monitor Silver RX1s, Sunfire sub

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   ericc22

ericc22

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted August 16 2011 - 01:49 PM

I know this is very subjective, but I'd love to hear people's opinion of some speakers. I am listening to 70% music via itunes and CD, and 30% home theater. I am going to use an Integra 30.3 receiver. I am aiming for the Monitor Silver RX1 for the fronts. I am using a small pair of Monitors for the rear. I am using this in a small office so I was going for a less expensive center but have heard that it is best to match the center to the fronts, so I am going to go for the Monitor Silver center. Because the Monitor RX1 are small I am aiming for a Sunfire subwoofer. Again, my office is small but figured this was a good investment vs. some of the other less expensive options. Other things I've heard.... I liked the Definitives but not as much as the Monitors, to the extent one can compare speakers in 2 different locations. I've also heard Paradigms and B&Ws. I appreciate all opinions! Eric

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted August 16 2011 - 11:59 PM

I am aiming for a Sunfire subwoofer. Again, my office is small but figured this was a good investment vs. some of the other less expensive options.

There are better subs for the money. If it is an older model for a good price, then I say go for it. If it is brand new then go with something else. There are a few compact subs on the market that can perform as well as Sunfire. The only reason I mentioned older models, they sourced their drivers from TC Sounds. I have no idea where they get them now.