Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Opinion on Monitor Silver RX1s, Sunfire sub

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 ericc22

ericc22

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted August 16 2011 - 01:49 PM

I know this is very subjective, but I'd love to hear people's opinion of some speakers. I am listening to 70% music via itunes and CD, and 30% home theater. I am going to use an Integra 30.3 receiver. I am aiming for the Monitor Silver RX1 for the fronts. I am using a small pair of Monitors for the rear. I am using this in a small office so I was going for a less expensive center but have heard that it is best to match the center to the fronts, so I am going to go for the Monitor Silver center. Because the Monitor RX1 are small I am aiming for a Sunfire subwoofer. Again, my office is small but figured this was a good investment vs. some of the other less expensive options. Other things I've heard.... I liked the Definitives but not as much as the Monitors, to the extent one can compare speakers in 2 different locations. I've also heard Paradigms and B&Ws. I appreciate all opinions! Eric

#2 of 2 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,055 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted August 16 2011 - 11:59 PM

I am aiming for a Sunfire subwoofer. Again, my office is small but figured this was a good investment vs. some of the other less expensive options.

There are better subs for the money. If it is an older model for a good price, then I say go for it. If it is brand new then go with something else. There are a few compact subs on the market that can perform as well as Sunfire. The only reason I mentioned older models, they sourced their drivers from TC Sounds. I have no idea where they get them now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users