Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PHE Press Release: Scrooged (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,619 posts

Posted August 16 2011 - 07:14 AM

CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS WITH A HILARIOUS CHRISTMAS TALE IN SPARKLING HIGH DEFINITION

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

SCROOGED

Outrageously Funny Adaptation of Dickens’ Beloved Story Starring Bill Murray
Debuts on Blu-ray November 1, 2011 

HOLLYWOOD, CALIF. – Celebrate Christmas past, present and future with an uproarious and contemporary take on Charles Dickens’ classic tale whenSCROOGED makes its Blu-ray debut on November 1, 2011 from Paramount Home Entertainment.  Starring Bill Murray as a television executive with a heart of stone, the film takes viewers on a darkly comic adventure populated by an all-star cast including Karen Allen (Raiders Of The Lost Ark), John Forsythe (“Dynasty”), Bobcat Goldthwait (Shakes The Clown), Carol Kane (The Pacifier), Robert Mitchum (The Big Sleep), Alfre Woodard (“Desperate Housewives”) and Jamie Farr (“M*A*S*H”). 

A network TV president is perhaps the most cold-hearted man ever, but his holiday spirit is given a painful booster shot by three vengeful ghosts.  In this comedic update of Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol”, Bill Murray portrays Frank Cross, an evil, crass executive who caters to the lowest-of-the-lowest common denominators while firing people at will for the flimsiest of reasons. To change his cruel and tasteless ways, Cross is taken on a trip through his past to his future so that he can achieve redemption.

The SCROOGED Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 2.0 Stereo Dolby Digital and Spanish Mono Dolby Digital and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.  The Blu-ray includes the theatrical trailer and will be available for the suggested retail price of $19.99.

About Paramount Home Entertainment 

Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.  PPC is a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands.  PHE is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment products on behalf of various parties including: Paramount Pictures, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, Paramount Famous Productions, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, CBS and PBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment.

SCROOGED

Street date:                          November 1, 2011

Suggested retail price:      $19.99 U.S.

Runtime:                              100 minutes

U.S. Rating:                         PG-13

Canadian Rating:              PG

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 15 OFFLINE   Brian L

Brian L

Screenwriter

• 2,882 posts

Posted August 16 2011 - 08:31 AM

Ron, I guess you can close/delete the thread I started 12 minutes before this one. :-) Great news! I just love this title. Pretty reasonable list price too. Surely the street price will be less. Brian

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 838 posts

Posted August 16 2011 - 11:36 AM

I guess none of the previously announced extras made it then?

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   Brian L

Brian L

Screenwriter

• 2,882 posts

Posted August 17 2011 - 02:12 PM

Surprised this one has not generated more discussion. This is one of my favorite Christmas films/shows, right up there with Magoo, Grinch, and Nightmare Before Christmas. Day one purchase for me. I note that it is up for pre-order on Amazon for $17.49, although Amazon currently lists a higher MSRP than what is in the press release. http://www.amazon.co...13633600&sr=1-1 Brian

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   Haden

Haden

Supporting Actor

• 782 posts

Posted August 18 2011 - 03:20 PM

With this barebones Blu-ray release, I think we can finally give up hope on ever getting that "Yule Love It" special edition that was set for release way back in 2006 on DVD and then cancelled for unexplained reasons. Richard Donner reportedly recorded a commentary for it, and who knows what else was going to be on that set. Oh well. :( View the original thread here: http://www.hometheat...love-it-edition

#6 of 15 ONLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,778 posts

Posted August 18 2011 - 03:57 PM

I LOVE this movie - A superb holiday favorite.
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#7 of 15 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,619 posts

Posted August 18 2011 - 11:17 PM

Now available for preorder

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#8 of 15 OFFLINE   Brandon.B

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted October 08 2011 - 12:46 PM

ANY new details on this or early reviews yet? I want something.....ANYTHING from the Yule Love It Edition to be on here, even if just the commentary to make this more worth it. This is crazy. Why leave all this stuff out when they already have it? I don't get it.

#9 of 15 OFFLINE   Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor

• 509 posts

Posted October 10 2011 - 09:15 AM

Was there any confirmation that any of those special features actually were produced? Any idea why that Yule Love It Edition never appeared?

I want something.....ANYTHING from the Yule Love It Edition to be on here, even if just the commentary to make this more worth it.

I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
--Bernie Faulkner

My DVD List at DVD Aficionado

#10 of 15 OFFLINE   Brandon.B

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted October 16 2011 - 09:15 AM

I dunno, I just assumed they were all done since they announced them. I wish they said why it was canceled, because there has to be more to this, makes no sense. At least give the commentary or a featurette. Hopefully we'll start getting some early reviews for this, this week.

#11 of 15 OFFLINE   Brandon.B

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted October 24 2011 - 07:08 AM

Well, now that reviews are out...picture quality far exceeds what I was expecting and love the lenticular slipcover!

#12 of 15 OFFLINE   NY2LA

NY2LA

Screenwriter

• 1,352 posts

Posted November 07 2011 - 07:21 PM

Anyone else have anything to report on this title?

#13 of 15 OFFLINE   NY2LA

NY2LA

Screenwriter

• 1,352 posts

Posted November 09 2011 - 01:24 AM

"Anyone? Anyone? Buehller? Buehller?" So not one person here has seen the Blu Ray yet?

#14 of 15 ONLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,778 posts

Posted November 09 2011 - 02:59 AM

I am working on the HTF review now (along with a couple of others). I will post some initial thoughts this evening.
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#15 of 15 ONLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,778 posts

Posted November 11 2011 - 09:59 AM

"Anyone? Anyone? Buehller? Buehller?" So not one person here has seen the Blu Ray yet?

The Blu-ray looks good, better than expected level of detail, strong blacks, clean. I'm leaning towards a rating of 4/5 on the image quality.
My DVD Collection