Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Fugitive comes to DVD in a 33 disc set on Nov. 1st 2011

Paramount

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2358 replies to this topic

#2041 of 2359 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted April 27 2013 - 09:23 PM

You are right Jimmyjet. Man, you need to get this set and revisit these episodes if it's been that long since you've seen this. A bunch of us are sort of nitpicking about certain things in the series, but I can't tell you how much entertainment and joy I've received these last few years rewatching, a number of times, this great, great series. And now to have it in virtual perfect, NOB quality, is almost a dream come true.

Posted Image   Can't go wrong with this show. 

Quiz time....about 1 second needed to get this one :D

Pic is from episode :

[color=rgb(0,0,255);]A) Search in a Windy City[/color]

[color=rgb(255,140,0);]B) Never Wave Goodbye[/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]C) Never Stop Running[/color]

[color=rgb(165,42,42);]D) The Girl From Little Egypt[/color]

Posted Image

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#2042 of 2359 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,669 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted April 27 2013 - 09:41 PM

That answer would be B! With the lovely Susan Oliver. What do I win?

Edited by Professor Echo, April 27 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#2043 of 2359 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted April 27 2013 - 09:50 PM

That answer would be B! With the lovely Susan Oliver.

What do I win?

...and the winner is....  Posted Image

:)  The prize is "Act III"  at 8:00 into this clip. It's one of my favorite scenes in the series.  I guess it's just got a great combination of backscore, scene, etc. 

Never Wave Goodbye Pt 1

#2044 of 2359 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,388 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 10:09 PM

she is the girl in the star trek pilot ?

#2045 of 2359 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted April 27 2013 - 10:14 PM

she is the girl in the star trek pilot ?

Posted Image  The same.  She had an outstanding career, imo, in tv, long resume.

#2046 of 2359 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,388 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 11:09 PM

boy, she did play parts in a lot of different shows.

i only saw peyton place as a show in which she had a long, recurring character.

she died kinda young.

#2047 of 2359 OFFLINE   Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 05:18 AM

POPULAR

i do plan to get it.  i have so much stuff to view, that i am gonna wait until i can buy a set from amazon without having to go thru the extra hassle of exchanging disks.

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents here. I picked up a copy of the set a couple of weeks ago. I called the toll free number on the 15th, and was only on the phone for a few minutes. The five replacement discs arrived in my mailbox 10 days later (I'm in Canada). I'd been on the fence about buying this, but the hassle really was minimal, and now I've got a complete, correct copy of the series, without having to worry about when or if it'll be available through amazon or anywhere else.

#2048 of 2359 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted April 28 2013 - 11:46 AM

POPULAR

boy, she did play parts in a lot of different shows.

i only saw peyton place as a show in which she had a long, recurring character.

she died kinda young.

She passed away, cancer, in 1990.  Short life but fruitful artistic contributions.

Posted Image

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents here. I picked up a copy of the set a couple of weeks ago. I called the toll free number on the 15th, and was only on the phone for a few minutes. The five replacement discs arrived in my mailbox 10 days later (I'm in Canada). I'd been on the fence about buying this, but the hassle really was minimal, and now I've got a complete, correct copy of the series, without having to worry about when or if it'll be available through amazon or anywhere else.

Posted Image  You'll enjoy this dvd set.

#2049 of 2359 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,593 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 12:12 PM

She passed away, cancer, in 1990.  Short life but fruitful artistic contributions.

Posted Image

Good pic and post, Jeff!  I concur.

Gary "I'll have to start watching this series from the beginning again real soon" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#2050 of 2359 OFFLINE   stevelecher

stevelecher

Second Unit

• 362 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 06:40 PM

I so agree with you. I would order now to make sure the replacement discs are available if needed. It's no big deal getting them.Jeff, Never Wave Goodbye is so outstanding. What part of Act III do you like so much? When Kimble is enjoying a relaxing moment sailing with his lovely girlfriend? Just the whole act? Act IV is certainly exciting.A couple of scenes I like very much from Season one: In Bloodline, when Kimle is talking to Max Bodin. He's almost wistful as he talks about how he thought he would be working with his father, but it didn't work out. Then he says that he talks too much. A very nice scene. In Nightmare At Northoak, Janssen is at his best in the scene where he virtually pleads with Mrs. Springer for his life when she figures out who he is. Really though, he's outstanding throughout the whole fabulous episode. Oh yeah, what about the whole scene in the cabin between Kimble and Sister Veronica in Part I of Angels Travel On Lonely Roads? What great writing and acting.

#2051 of 2359 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,388 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 09:11 PM

yea, she has a pretty face.

while i do not have real specific memories, the 2 parter with the nun in the jalopy is one of the ones that most come to mind.

everytime kimble gets something done, it confirms in the sister's mind that divine intervention was being used.

the interplay between the 2 is really cute.

#2052 of 2359 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted April 28 2013 - 09:28 PM

I so agree with you. I would order now to make sure the replacement discs are available if needed. It's no big deal getting them.

Jeff, Never Wave Goodbye is so outstanding. What part of Act III do you like so much? When Kimble is enjoying a relaxing moment sailing with his lovely girlfriend? Just the whole act? Act IV is certainly exciting.

A couple of scenes I like very much from Season one:
In Bloodline, when Kimle is talking to Max Bodin. He's almost wistful as he talks about how he thought he would be working with his father, but it didn't work out. Then he says that he talks too much. A very nice scene.
In Nightmare At Northoak, Janssen is at his best in the scene where he virtually pleads with Mrs. Springer for his life when she figures out who he is. Really though, he's outstanding throughout the whole fabulous episode.
Oh yeah, what about the whole scene in the cabin between Kimble and Sister Veronica in Part I of Angels Travel On Lonely Roads? What great writing and acting.

Steve,

For some reason, the opening minutes of Act III seems to capture that "era", I think, with the backscore, along with the sailing scene.  It's one of those scenes that sticks in my memory of favorite moments from the series.

Agee with Nightmare at Northoak.  That, imo, is one of the top episodes in the series.  I thought Nancy Wickwire was outstanding in the role of the sherrif's wife.

That closing scene in the police station is a classic.  I bet "Star Trek" fans recognize one of the guys in line... "Goodbye, my boy.  Courage."  Closing scene

That era of tv featured many top-notch character acters, imo.

We could post in this thread for another 5 years and not cover all the amazing scenes in the show.

Another favorite of mine that's not (I think) usually mentioned a much is Smoke Screen.  The closing scene with Beverly Garland (one of my favorites) at 00:12 into the clip is great .... [Kimble] "You've already said it.  Thank You." 

And the scene where Alejandro Rey ("Paco Alvarez") is with Kimble at 00:56 in the clip is another blue chip scene in the show for me.... Smoke Screen Closing

It must have been a real experience for Q.M. , Alan Armer, & the crew to witness history in the making as they filmed the show  Posted Image

yea, she has a pretty face.

while i do not have real specific memories, the 2 parter with the nun in the jalopy is one of the ones that most come to mind.

everytime kimble gets something done, it confirms in the sister's mind that divine intervention was being used.

the interplay between the 2 is really cute.

The 2-parter is "Angels Travel on Lonely Roads"  with Eileen Heckart as "Sister Veronica".  It usually rates high on fan's episode list in the show.

Good pic and post, Jeff! I concur.

Gary "I'll have to start watching this series from the beginning again real soon" O.

Thanks :)  I bet you know why I picked that pic.  I saw that one and the "native Texan" bug made me pick it Posted Image

Edited by Jeff Willis, April 28 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#2053 of 2359 OFFLINE   stevelecher

stevelecher

Second Unit

• 362 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 09:56 PM

Yes Jeff, we could probably go on and trade favorite scenes for quite some time. There are a lot of them. It was better than talking about the clunker (The Savage Street) episodes though.Like Gary O, I'll probably start at the beginning and go through the series again. It's such a pleasure to watch them in the quality we finally have them in.

#2054 of 2359 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,388 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 11:12 PM

i just watched the northoak closing scene that was posted.  i cant say that it brings back any memories.

is the dark-haired lady miss landers, by any chance ?

regarding star trek - i did recognize one man, and even know the episode.  but you gotta be a real fan to remember him.  i think that was the only time he was on.  are you referring to the man that played mr. atoss, the episode where he was the librarian, sending people back in time, where they would be safe ?

#2055 of 2359 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,388 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 11:15 PM

i forgot to add - that is a heckuva lot clearer than the original airing.  you guys may not appreciate that any more, cuz you have already seen it.

but i dont recall ever seeing richard kimble that clearly.

#2056 of 2359 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,388 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 11:24 PM

i do have some recall of kimble saving the baby.  they were in a forest fire ?

#2057 of 2359 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,207 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted April 29 2013 - 02:39 AM

That closing scene in the police station is a classic.  I bet "Star Trek" fans recognize one of the guys in line... "Goodbye, my boy.  Courage."  Closing scene

That era of tv featured many top-notch character acters, imo.

And of course there are two others, for a total of three "STAR TREK actors" in that episode.

As mentioned, Ian Wolfe played Mr. Atoz. 

The deputy in Northoak was played by Paul Carr who played Lee Kelso in the second pilot.

And of course the sheriff was played by Frank Overton who was Elias Sandoval in "This Side Of Paradise".

That episode had just a fabulous cast of recognizable faces as the town folk.

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#2058 of 2359 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted April 29 2013 - 05:35 AM

i just watched the northoak closing scene that was posted.  i cant say that it brings back any memories.

is the dark-haired lady miss landers, by any chance ?

regarding star trek - i did recognize one man, and even know the episode.  but you gotta be a real fan to remember him.  i think that was the only time he was on.  are you referring to the man that played mr. atoss, the episode where he was the librarian, sending people back in time, where they would be safe ?

Posted Image  That was "Mr Atoz" from the episode All Our Yesterdays.  I think I recall his line when Cpt Kirk saw him in the library... "You're very late!  Where have you been?"

Good observation about "Miss Landers".  That was Sue Randall. 

i forgot to add - that is a heckuva lot clearer than the original airing.  you guys may not appreciate that any more, cuz you have already seen it.

but i dont recall ever seeing richard kimble that clearly.

The DVD set is even better than the YouTube uploads.

i do have some recall of kimble saving the baby.  they were in a forest fire ?

This episode was about Kimble delivering a baby when he was the only doctor available in that scene.  There was a fire involved but the baby wasn't rescued due to the fire.

And of course there are two others, for a total of three "STAR TREK actors" in that episode.

As mentioned, Ian Wolfe played Mr. Atoz. 

The deputy in Northoak was played by Paul Carr who played Lee Kelso in the second pilot.

And of course the sheriff was played by Frank Overton who was Elias Sandoval in "This Side Of Paradise".

That episode had just a fabulous cast of recognizable faces as the town folk.

Harry

It is that, excellent cast. 

Edited by Jeff Willis, April 29 2013 - 05:49 AM.

#2059 of 2359 OFFLINE   stevelecher

stevelecher

Second Unit

• 362 posts

Posted April 29 2013 - 06:11 AM

Like MeTV, those YouTube uploads feature a lot of replaced music from those infamous half season sets. When I hear that bad music, I must turn it off.Sue Randall died quite young too. She'll always be Miss Landers, won't she?

#2060 of 2359 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,388 posts

Posted April 29 2013 - 08:47 AM

i just saw the clip that was posted.  when sue walks directly toward the camera, she has her face down.  and then when they are all in a circle, she is too far away to see anything definite (at least with this sort of clarity).

the only reason it popped into my head is that i am currently watching the beaver cds.

i can sure see why i thought she was cute.  she still has baby fat in her face.  i am still on the 2nd season, which is her first year.

while miss canfield is nice looking, she looks like a young adult.  miss landers has a bit of kid look still left in her.

i am curious as to the role that miss landers plays in season 3.  normally, she would stay as a 3rd grade teacher.  but i am guessing that she gets promoted to teaching 4th grade next year !!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users