What's new

The official Star Wars The Complete Saga Blu-ray discussion thread (1 Viewer)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Douglas Monce /t/313950/the-official-star-wars-the-complete-saga-blu-ray-discussion-thread/1950#post_3904496
I don't think Lucas ever said that this is how he originally wanted it. In fact I read an interview at some point where he said that he had changed his mind about how this would make Han look in the eyes of kids. He thought later that it made Han too cold blooded.
Personally I like it because Han grows over the course of the films. At the end of Jedi, Han is no longer a man who would kill someone in cold blood.
And actually the script dated January 15, 1976 says:
GREEDO: That's the idea. I've been looking forward to killing you for
a long time.
HAN: Yes, I'll bet you have.
Suddenly the slimy alien disappears in a blinding flash of
light. Han pulls his smoking gun from beneath the table as the
other patron look on in bemused amazement. Han gets up and
starts out of the cantina, flipping the bartender some coins
as he leaves.

Just as the way the original film was shot and edited, you never actually see Han shoot, its implied.
Doug

Like someone else said, Han doesn't have a cause, he's all for himself, very selfish and ruthless when it comes to saving his own skin and for money, he grows in the film and finds a cause, to alter this scene really alters the character a bit too much and makes the growing part seem less than it could be, it's a bad move and its the one thing i really dislike, i can take the CGI changes but i wish they would have left this scene well alone.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Luke and Lando murdered all those unfortunate contractors on the two Death Stars. They should fix that with CG.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I always liked Lucas' response to the contractors argument. In the commentary for Episode II, at the arena battle, he notes that Kevin Smith's argument about this forgets that what's really in the Death Star is "a bunch of termites".

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
[DORK]I would think that since the Empire knew that the Rebel fleet was coming to attack the second Death Star, they would have moved all non-essential personnel (construction workers, secretaries, janitors, etc.) to Endor so they wouldn't be in the way of the military guys during the battle.[/DORK]

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
The Emperor wouldn't hire contractors. He'd use slaves. You guys need to think like a Sith! :D

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Kevin EK said:
I always liked Lucas' response to the contractors argument.  In the commentary for Episode II, at the arena battle, he notes that Kevin Smith's argument about this forgets that what's really in the Death Star is "a bunch of termites".
Didn't Kevin Smith make that argument long before the prequels existed though?
If I see a bunch of those bugs added to the Death Star scenes in 2017, I will scream. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks