Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

Your Highness Blu-ray Review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Kevin EK

Kevin EK

Screenwriter

• 2,857 posts

Posted August 13 2011 - 05:45 AM

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Vincent_P

Vincent_P

Screenwriter

• 1,780 posts

Posted August 13 2011 - 05:49 AM

Good review but one correction: James Franco didn't win Best Actor. He was nominated but he didn't win. Vincent

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,228 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted August 13 2011 - 05:50 AM

I'll be honest: this movie is one that I got suckered into with a free screening.   I felt like they robbed me for popcorn and soda money.    I also felt as though I missed something because, and maybe I wasn't paying attention
But I was very confused when he found the unicorn sword, and they told him "you can go back because if you don't deserve it, you'll die" and the next thing we see is him charging out and killing things.   It's just as though that scene ended really abruptly and I couldn't figure out what the hell happened.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Kevin EK

Kevin EK

Screenwriter

• 2,857 posts

Posted August 13 2011 - 06:01 AM

Vincent, thank you!

Silly mistake, too.  How could I forget Colin Firth in The King's Speech?  Big oops.  I'll correct the review.

I think I messed it up because of both him and Natalie Portman being in the movie together right after the Oscars, and because I was at a special viewing party for the Independent Spirit Awards earlier this year, where he did win.  But an ISP award is definitely not the same as an Oscar.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Executive Producer

• 10,039 posts

Posted August 13 2011 - 07:42 AM

Man how could this be so bad? Danny McBride? Loved him in Tropic Thunder. James Franco - I'm a fan. Natalie Portman, outside of the Star Wars Prequels I'm a huge fan. I want to buy this blindly but after reading all the reviews on it I know I'll likely regret it.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#6 of 8 ONLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,043 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted August 13 2011 - 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by mattCR 

I'll be honest: this movie is one that I got suckered into with a free screening.   I felt like they robbed me for popcorn and soda money.    I also felt as though I missed something because, and maybe I wasn't paying attention

But I was very confused when he found the unicorn sword, and they told him "you can go back because if you don't deserve it, you'll die" and the next thing we see is him charging out and killing things.   It's just as though that scene ended really abruptly and I couldn't figure out what the hell happened.

I had to think for a second, and I concluded (right or wrong) that he truely was worthy--his life as a screw up was over.  It was time for Danny 2.0

#7 of 8 ONLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,043 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted August 13 2011 - 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Carlo Medina 

Man how could this be so bad? Danny McBride? Loved him in Tropic Thunder. James Franco - I'm a fan. Natalie Portman, outside of the Star Wars Prequels I'm a huge fan. I want to buy this blindly but after reading all the reviews on it I know I'll likely regret it.

If you have a fair number of "guilty pleasure" movies you may not think its as bad as others have said, regardless, I would say rent first.  I think problem is they couldn't decide what kind of movie they were making: Krull or Men in Tights.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,728 posts

Posted August 13 2011 - 01:09 PM

Krull with really raunchy jokes would be a good description! I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I laughed my head off when I saw this in the theater. (It's a damn sight better than most "Syfy Channel original" films with sword and sorcery themes.) I also couldn't help but notice my local Best Buy only had about four copies left on the shelf when I went there last night. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users