Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Gentle Giant LTD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted August 09 2011 - 03:19 PM

I just bought my first piece from this company and it arrives tomorrow. A limited edition set of only 500 pieces. A mini-bust of Baby Doll from Sucker Punch.

Posted Image

On order, I have the 18" statue of Sweet Pea. She is due to arrive in January of 2012. I missed the opportunity to get Baby Doll so I'm hoping a few end up on ebay. I'm sure she won't be cheap but I'm willing to pay.

I just joined their Premier Guild membership and am hoping more Sucker Punch ladies and collectibles will come.

Anyone a member, or collect their stuff?

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,983 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 09 2011 - 06:16 PM

Why am I not surprised. :D BTW, I know your avatar is Sucker Punch, but the colors always give it a strong Empire Strikes Back vibe to me. I thought it was that until I looked at it on your profile.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,673 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 10 2011 - 12:56 AM

She is due to arrive in January of 2012.

I would look at that as a rough estimate. Gentle Giant does great work but they do seem to push their release dates back quite a bit. I don't have any of them (yet) but Gentle Giant makes 12 inch reproductions of the old Kenner Star Wars toys. As someone who grew up playing with Star Wars figures, I think they're pretty cool.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted August 10 2011 - 05:19 AM

I'm not too worried about actual release dates, as long as I can get my pre-order in. Which I do with Sweet Pea. I just hope I can get a pre-order in for the second round of Baby Doll's as that is the one I want the most. As for Star Wars figures. I have all the original released ones from back in 1977 and the original trading cards #1 - #432 all in near perfect condition.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted August 10 2011 - 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Greg_S_H [url=/forum/thread/313812/gentle-giant-ltd#post_3839826]

BTW, I know your avatar is Sucker Punch, but the colors always give it a strong Empire Strikes Back vibe to me. I thought it was that until I looked at it on your profile.

Hahaha! Yeah, the colors are very similar and it almost looks Star Wars'ish in a small image like that. I cannot wait for those Blu's next month.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted August 10 2011 - 06:58 AM

Well, with Sweet Pea on pre-order I had to get another. Today I bought Amber, she's the full 18" statue and limited to only 500 pieces. She should be here in about a week.

Posted Image

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted August 30 2011 - 12:33 PM

Well, the very elusive and VERY expensive 18" tall Baby Doll statue from Gentle Giant is on a UPS truck on her way to me. I got #207 of a very limited 500. The detail on her is flat out amazing, so cannot wait to see her in person...this Friday. She cost me nearly a grand but so worth it.      Posted Image               Also on the way, (but not yet released), Amber, Sweet Pea and Rocket are on pre-order. These girls I was able to pre-order before they sold out by joining Gentle Giants Premier Guild, their only about $250 each. The last girl, Blondie, has yet to be announced but Gentle Giant said she is coming as they have planned a full set of all 5 girls.   Not sure how I am going to display the girls just yet but I'm thinking a really cool stage modeled after a scene in the film would be cool.